This would put me over the edge

3 hours ago, footzz said:
I can see it now. Choose the unlimited bacon option available in your cruise planner for only $22.99. With this offering, you can pig out in any of the ships dining venues during opening hours. Enjoying bacon has never been easier. Book yours today!

I'll wait until the Black Friday sale, save 25% off our on board price. Now $22.99

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, cnssu123 said:

How do you cook it on board? Or it will be in the jerky form like the beggin bacon dog treat?

They sell it already cooked, all you have to do is zap it in the microwave -- if you can get a server to do it for you -- might have to give an extra tip.  🤣

4 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

...Carnival is taking a "bacation" by offering bacon every other day...

I am originally from Iowa where bacon is one of our daily food groups. However, I plan to incorporate "bacation" into my daily vocabulary. Ironically, we are actually about to head to the store to specifically buy more bacon. No bacation in this house! Thanks for the laugh! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

They sell it already cooked, all you have to do is zap it in the microwave -- if you can get a server to do it for you -- might have to give an extra tip.  🤣

Do you suppose there will be a PORKage fee if you bring your own bacon to the MDR?

• Haha 7

24 minutes ago, Kathscof said:

And I’m sitting here thinking.....”so the passengers have to put bacon on their cruise calendars to keep track of it?” 

That would be the weirdest thing....keeping track of what day haha

There will be a plaque on the bottom of the elevator saying bacon or no bacon. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cnssu123 said:

How do you cook it on board? Or it will be in the jerky form like the beggin bacon dog treat?

Costco has a large bag of pre-cooked bacon pieces...really good !!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LXA350 said:

It's so unhealthy, why would you want to eat this every day of your cruise, if it will be implemented the cruiselines are doing a favor to health of the individuals that eat it everyday and probably are the ones that would need it least.

It's not the responsibility of the cruise line to monitor what I eat on vacation !!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Lol then might as well just tip the server for getting you some bacon from the galley

4 hours ago, footzz said:
I can see it now. Choose the unlimited bacon option available in your cruise planner for only $22.99. With this offering, you can pig out in any of the ships dining venues during opening hours. Enjoying bacon has never been easier. Book yours today!

Save extra 10% when you bundle with unlimited soda package, another 5% with wifi.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

🥓Where's the Bacon?🥓

The Chops pork belly appetizer will be the only thing I'll miss. 

So this is just a rumor right?

I intended to have the pork belly appetizer at JiJis on carnival ... hmmm wonder if its affected? 

The italian pay venue on carnival has a lovely tomahawk pork chop which is supposed to be the best pork chop ever. 

Well I'll be checking the menu when I board, but not cancelling. Bacon huh? I thought the bacon every other day was originally only supposed to last a few weeks. Lolol. Getting a lot of traction.

Now if only I can hope rcl will bring back the buffet for dinner.

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

So this is just a rumor right?

I intended to have the pork belly appetizer at JiJis on carnival ... hmmm wonder if its affected? 

The italian pay venue on carnival has a lovely tomahawk pork chop which is supposed to be the best pork chop ever. 

Well I'll be checking the menu when I board, but not cancelling. Bacon huh? I thought the bacon every other day was originally only supposed to last a few weeks. Lolol. Getting a lot of traction.

Now if only I can hope rcl will bring back the buffet for dinner.

Said in jest.  I believe you're right -- it's a temporary thing.  Enjoy your cruise!

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

There's a PORKage fee package offered in the Cruise Planner -- it's called the Baconite's Delight.  It will drive you Oinky. 

I could have the name wrong but I think the bbq place is called guys pig and whistle.

I like the pulled pork the best.

Lol .. hopefully it's not all pork just bacon. I prefer pork over beef.