This would put me over the edge

WoW!!!!  I'm speechless - the only time I get bacon is on vacation.  Bacon at breakfast is something I savor (use to have it a lot, but since DOH had severe medical issues that cherished meat product is no longer kept in our house).   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

California passed prop 12 in 2018 and takes effect 1/1/22. Called the pig law and they are now expecting a 50% reduction in pork products as farmers have failed to expand the living space for pigs. $10 a pound  bacon at Costco not far away. Pig farmers have been trying to negotiate with Newsom but failed. 

Here's another point of view. I don't see where Gov Newsom is responsible at all.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/22576044/prop-12-california-eggs-pork-bacon-veal-animal-welfare-law-gestation-crates-battery-cages

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, clearlake_cruiser said:

Some like to blame Newsom for everything...we don't agree.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

California passed prop 12 in 2018 and takes effect 1/1/22. Called the pig law and they are now expecting a 50% reduction in pork products as farmers have failed to expand the living space for pigs. $10 a pound  bacon at Costco not far away. Pig farmers have been trying to negotiate with Newsom but failed. 

Pig farmers should just stop selling to CA.  More for the rest of the country.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It's so unhealthy, why would you want to eat this every day of your cruise, if it will be implemented the cruiselines are doing a favor to health of the individuals that eat it everyday and probably are the ones that would need it least.

• Haha 2

Sure it's a nice treat at breakfast, especially when you're away on vacation, but I don't know why people are so upset. 

The last time I sailed with Carnival, it was inaccessible to the guest at the buffet and they had a person serving it. I had to ask her if I could have a second piece as she gave me only one.

I figured they must have been seeing such an enormous amount of it getting wasted that they felt it was worth it to put a live body there to dole it out a little less generously than perhaps people were previously filling their plates.  

I just read a comment from my jewel group I joined because earlier this year I was booked on jewel.

"Btw they are running out of most beers, no bud, bud light, Coors etc."  The bartender told him they wouldnt be restocked any time soon.  So rcl is also having some supply chain issues.

Though he did say he tried to royal up and was declined but when he checked in he got a free upgrade to a balcony as did some others..

So bacon every other day vs running out of usa domestic beers ... 

And to me it's a bit of a downer that rcl doesnt have a buffet for dinner. I admit I also eat bacon on cruises but I'm also a buffet fan. 

Edited by firefly333

24 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

It's so unhealthy, why would you want to eat this every day of your cruise, if it will be implemented the cruiselines are doing a favor to health of the individuals that eat it everyday and probably are the ones that would need it least.

Uh, because it’s delicious. That was easy.  

im ok with this though.  Cruise ship bacon isn’t that good to begin with.  I don’t want paper thin bacon that is all broken into little pieces.  I want thick cut and borderline burnt bacon. 

🥓Where's the Bacon?🥓

Carnival is taking a "bacation" by offering bacon every other day -- question is -- will RCI follow?  Apparently there is a shortage of hogs. No deal breaker for me cuz I'm a seafood and salad type of gal and if there's no more bacon, ham, pork chops, ribs or pulled pork, that's fine by me. The Chops pork belly appetizer will be the only thing I'll miss. 

I know that there are items in the WJ that are available but not out for public display -- you just have to ask and they will go and fetch them for you -- like smoked salmon.  Maybe they should do this with bacon as well, instead of offering it every other day -- seems like a better solution. 

17 hours ago, Ashland said:

Oh My...not a good thing !!

I can see it now. Choose the unlimited bacon option available in your cruise planner for only $22.99. With this offering, you can pig out in any of the ships dining venues during opening hours. Enjoying bacon has never been easier. Book yours today!
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, LXA350 said:

Maybe the cruise line should monitor everyone's eating.  And scold you if you do not have enough fruits and fresh vegetables.  And to limit the amount of alcohol you can have each day, as that is also bad for you.

Maybe they should just serve you a set plate each meal that is healthy and properly balanced.

Funny thing is, my Dad is from Eastern NC.  Grew up farming and raising hogs.  They are bacon or ham for EVERY breakfast.  And other forms of pork (mostly cured) the other meals.  He is 94 and still lives on his own, with only a housekeeper every other week and a service to mow his lawn.  All of his parent's generation (many born in the 1800s) managed to live to the late 80s, 90s, and some over 100. 

All eating stuff that was "bad" for them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, footzz said:
I can see it now. Choose the unlimited bacon option available in your cruise planner for only $22.99. With this offering, you can pig out in any of the ships dining venues during opening hours. Enjoying bacon has never been easier. Book yours today!

Maybe I'll invent a device to smuggle bacon and make a fortune like the guy who invented Rum Runners.  I'll call my creation the "Bacon Buddy".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, flamingos said:

How's the smoked salmon supply?

Ha!  I'll have to call to find out which cruise line has the most supply before I make any cruising decisions. 🤣  😂  I can live without 🥓 bacon but not without smoked salmon and a bagel for breakfast!

Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 1.06.39 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

Maybe I'll invent a device to smuggle bacon and make a fortune like the guy who invented Rum Runners.  I'll call my creation the "Bacon Buddy".

How do you cook it on board? Or it will be in the jerky form like the beggin bacon dog treat?

Edited by cnssu123

14 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Of course, but the way they make the peppered bacon appetizer in Chops is delicious!  BTW it is grilled and much better than just plain bacon.  

You'll certainly get no arguments out of me concerning the finer points of bacon; no matter how it's prepared. I haven't met a pork product I don't like. Except for maybe SPAM.

Edited by footzz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1