This would put me over the edge

51 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

As near as I can tell kale is not edible.  BTW, sorry about the multiple posting.  Not sure what went wrong with that.  Emotions regarding bacon are obviously running high though.  No cruise line wishing to remain in business should mess with the bacon (or rum) supply.

Aww you got me all excited when i was notified 4 times about my bacon comment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sam's Club has been out of bacon for a few weeks here in Ohio! I always buy the fully cooked bacon 72 slices...and they are now charging $17.64!! It used to be $11.98....I couldn't believe it! I will be very upset if only suite guests get it!😔

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Well if supply chains arent fixed in the 2 next weeks, I'll miss some bacon, but there are worse things.

Toilet paper every other day! 

Ha!  They will probably seize the opportunity and offer TP as an incentive to upgrade your cabin.  

Inside gets regular sand-paper-like one ply

Oceanview gets two ply

Balconies - three ply

Suites - deluxe four ply

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Ha!  They will probably seize the opportunity and offer TP as an incentive to upgrade your cabin.  

Oceanview gets two ply

Balconies - three ply

Suites - deluxe four ply

Ha, and they say carnival suites dont have decent perks.

Just read a post they are back home and had plenty of turkey and regular bacon on their cruise. .. dont remember turkey bacon served on my cruises. 

On 8/22/2021 at 1:11 PM, cnssu123 said:

How do you cook it on board? Or it will be in the jerky form like the beggin bacon dog treat?

There IS canned bacon.

Walmart and Amazon carry it.

It if fully cooked.

On 8/22/2021 at 7:27 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Every time we visit my son he has bacon wrapped jalapeño just off the BBQ

Make a killer smoked bacon wrapped jalapeno.  With a piece of chicken inside. 

YUMMY.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 8:49 AM, livingonthebeach said:

Oceanview gets two ply

Balconies - three ply

Suites - deluxe four ply

I should have kept some of that STAR Class TP @twangster

• Haha 1

On 8/23/2021 at 9:01 AM, firefly333 said:

Ha, and they say carnival suites dont have decent perks.

Just read a post they are back home and had plenty of turkey and regular bacon on their cruise. .. dont remember turkey bacon served on my cruises. 

Solarium used to serve it. @Clarea was a big fan😉🤣🤣

• Thanks 1

A few years ago, I spent 3 weeks in Muslim countries for work, traveling with my boss.

He told everyone the story about we left and stopped over in Paris.  We got to the hotel while breakfast was still being served, and got them to comp us the "extra" breakfast.

He thought it hilarious that I went to the buffet and came back with a plate of bacon and a roll. 😄

And went back for seconds.

Not that he did not have about 1/2 a plate of bacon.  And we had ribs for lunch. 😄

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SRF said:

A few years ago, I spent 3 weeks in Muslim countries for work, traveling with my boss.

He told everyone the story about we left and stopped over in Paris.  We got to the hotel while breakfast was still being served, and got them to comp us the "extra" breakfast.

He thought it hilarious that I went to the buffet and came back with a plate of bacon and a roll. 😄

Not that he did not have about 1/2 a plate of bacon.  And we had ribs for lunch. 😄

On the Mariner Global Odyssey we ran out of bacon during leg 1. Restocked in Dubai😁

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, SRF said:

I'm surprised no one suggested grabbing a extra plate full of bacon to put in my cabin refrigerator if its served every other day .. though I havent read a single post it's actually served every other day.

On 8/22/2021 at 6:54 PM, Tree_skier said:

Bacon is the perfect food.  How do you make a steak better... Bacon wrapped steak.  How do you make shrimp better... Bacon wrapped shrimp.  How do you make Brussel sprouts edible?  Saute them in bacon.  Bacon makes everything better! 

Oddly enough, chocolate covered bacon is REALLY good...

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I'm surprised no one suggested grabbing a extra plate full of bacon to put in my cabin refrigerator if its served every other day .. though I havent read a single post it's actually served every other day.

I remember getting a plate of prosciutto from Giovanni and keeping it in the fridge. Back when the red slicer was still functional

• Thanks 1