Telehealth Testing with BinaxNOW

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm curious what do they have to approve? Can you be denied and if so what for? Interesting.

My understanding is you actually need a prescription for these tests. You submit your answers to their questionnaire and then they have to approve them I guess. I actually received the shipping confirmation before I received the order approval. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2021 at 2:22 PM, ryano said:

There are only two vendors right now.  Emed only offers the six pack at 150.00 + shipping.  Optum offers a two pack at 69.99 and a three pack at 99.99 with free expedited shipping but they are out of stock on both.   I had to order the six pack and only need one test 😅

https://www.emed.com/products/covid-at-home-testkit-six-pack?hsLang=en

https://store.optum.com/shop/category/tests-and-devices/covid-19-home-tests/

Thanks.  I just bookmarked both sites in case we need them for our Nov/Dec cruises.  I plan to make an appointment locally but wanted these as a backup.  We leave on Thanksgiving Day on the Auto Train to board HOTS on Sunday but get into FL on Fri.  I plan to make an appointment locally for Thanksgiving morning if I can get one, but will take these with us if we can't get a local appt and test on Fri in FL using them.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

What's the average wait time to get the confirmation email that you have been approved and that they will ship? same day? Next day or longer?

I ordered yesterday morning around 8:30 and received an email that it was approved at 3:48am this morning. Waiting for shipping email now. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

My understanding is you actually need a prescription for these tests. You submit your answers to their questionnaire and then they have to approve them I guess. I actually received the shipping confirmation before I received the order approval. 

Just an FYI, there are several boxes to check for various reasons for getting the kits.

eMed Direct

One is for requirements for travel (paraphrasing, I didn't take a screen shot at the time).

The easiest (aka 'backdoor everyone') is to the effect that 'you believe you might have been exposed to someone' (which, if you've left your home...).

We checked that when ordering.  We're not even planning to travel by air or cruise, but we're preparing for visiting families and grandkids on the Fall trip to Florida and we'll all be able to self-test and get the results in 15 minutes.

Also, if you don't need the 'certificate' or 'document,' you can self-test whenever you want 'just a bit more assurance' that those you're in contact with, and you, are likely not currently infected.

Taking the test and reading results.

JIMO.

Walgreens Example

https://f.hubspotusercontent30.net/hubfs/8251082/eMed Walgreens Order Form.pdf

No such questions as "Direct?"

Edited by At Sea At Peace

1 hour ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Just an FYI, there are several boxes to check for various reasons for getting the kits.

eMed Direct

We checked that when ordering.  We're not even planning to travel by air or cruise, but we're preparing for visiting families and grandkids on the Fall trip to Florida and we'll all be able to self-test and get the results in 15 minutes.

Also, if you don't need the 'certificate' or 'document,' you can self-test whenever you want 'just a bit more assurance' that those you're in contact with, and you, are likely not currently infected.

If you don’t actually need the proctored test for traveling you can buy a similar 15 minute test at CVS for under $25. It contains two separate tests in the box and you get the results in 15 minutes. 

• Like 2

Just a caution to anyone who is buying tests from EMed in advance of your sailing.  The shelf life of the tests, even with the added three month extension, is approximately 4 months. My original expiration date on my box is 10/5/21 and the new date is 1/5/22. I thought I’d have enough for my cruise in January but these will be expired by then. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I ordered yesterday morning around 8:30 and received an email that it was approved at 3:48am this morning. Waiting for shipping email now. 

Thanks for your information. We ended up getting a confirmation email last night around 8:30pm. It said "order received and we will send a confirmation once your item has been shipped." So I'm taking that to be we got approved. I know this will be an expensive backup but at least I have peace of mind.

Has anyone tried to purchase binaxNOW from a local store and try and use the NAVICA app for a proctored telehealth visit?

I was at my local drug store and saw they had them for sale in store.

Same test being sold online, it even had a QR code on box, with expirations date end of year.

looked around and probably answered my own question:

packaging appears to be different, but i wonder if they are still the same inside. Proctor would see incorrect packaging and maybe deny you a visit since you did not pay for the telehealth visit (upcharge on eMED and Optum vs in store price)

image.png.e7ef11157e120a1999aef249a18bfe1f.png

Edited by alexgtp
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, alexgtp said:

Has anyone tried to purchase binaxNOW from a local store and try and use the NAVICA app for a proctored telehealth visit?

I was at my local drug store and saw they had them for sale in store.

Same test being sold online, it even had a QR code on box, with expirations date end of year.

It’s not the same test. The boxes are different. The proctored test boxes say “Covid 19 with Ag card”. 

The ones in CVS and other stores don’t say that. I have bought them before. 

Edited by RosieRoo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

It’s not the same test. The boxes are different. The proctored test boxes say “Covid 19 with Ag card”. 

The ones in CVS and other stores don’t say that. I have bought them before. 

Thanks!!  for clarifying.

2 minutes ago, alexgtp said:

Thanks!!  for clarifying.

No problem. I am learning just like everyone else here. I actually purchased the CVS test last week to take as a precaution because I had relatives visiting. That’s why I know the boxes are different. It’s probably similar to the other test, but it’s not accepted by Royal because no one is watching you do it. The proctoring part allows them to verify it’s really you who is taking the test. 

• Like 1

I ordered mine yesterday at 11 am, approved at 6:40 this am and waiting to be notified that they are shipped.  Yes an added expense but I don’t want to not go at the last minute because we can’t get tested. It sounds like it will be happening more and more.  Maybe eventually the cruise lines will figure out how to help people. While I know they are not in the medical business it may become an issue.   If not the ships may be sailing pretty empty with lots of last minute cancellations.  Tying up urgent care centers for travel testing seems extreme.  They need to be testing sick people. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

I’m a little confused.  I ordered the tests and have received the box.  I have an eMed account set up and Navica app on my phone.  I was going to do the test on my laptop…so do I login to eMed to start?  Where does Navica come in to play?

And my husband is going to take the test as well.  So does he need to create both an eMed and Navica account as well?

8 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I’m a little confused.  I ordered the tests and have received the box.  I have an eMed account set up and Navica app on my phone.  I was going to do the test on my laptop…so do I login to eMed to start?  Where does Navica come in to play?

And my husband is going to take the test as well.  So does he need to create both an eMed and Navica account as well?

We did the test on our laptop this morning.  We went to the emed website and selected "Start test".  It will have you login with your Navica login info.  Once the test is over the results will be emailed and also be on the Navica app.  You both will need the Navica app. Once my husband completed the test he logged out and then I logged in with my Navica login info.

Edited by hardinggrad
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, hardinggrad said:

We went to the emed website and selected "Start test".  It will have you login with your Navica login info

I wonder how this will work for us in that my wife set up the account but there will be 3 of us testing. I am curious if we will test 3 times under one account or do we set up 3 different accounts?

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I wonder how this will work for us in that my wife set up the account but there will be 3 of us testing. I am curious if we will test 3 times under one account or do we set up 3 different accounts?

Everyone needs their own NAVICA account.  Minors under 18 have a "managed NAVICA account".  Refer to the  FAQ under the support tab on the emed website.

Edited by hardinggrad
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, hardinggrad said:

Everyone needs their own NAVICA account.  Minors under 18 have a "managed NAVICA account".  Refer to the  FAQ under the support tab on the emed website.

Well except for minors but the instructions for that are back several pages.  At least I think that it's on this thread; it may be one of the others.

7 minutes ago, hardinggrad said:

Darn you changed your response!!!😁

Does anyone know if I can use the 6 pack order for 4 people?  I tried placing an order on E-Med yesterday, and the order form only allows me to enter 3 names when the travel party has 4 people.  Or do I need to buy another 2 pack from Optum?

Tried asking E-Med agent and the call dropped after I waited for more than 30 minutes.  Hopefully someone has similar dilemma and already know the answer.

Edited by PCHENG

4 minutes ago, PCHENG said:

Does anyone know if I can use the 6 pack order for 4 people?  I tried placing an order on E-Med yesterday, and the order form only allows me to enter 3 names when the travel party has 4 people.  Or do I need to buy another 2 pack from Optum?

Tried asking E-Med agent and the call dropped after I waited for more than 30 minutes.  Hopefully someone has similar dilemma and already know the answer.

Yes, once you order you could use them for anyone, they just need a navica account or in the case of children an managed account on the parents account, I did hear that @exm had one that was faulty so there is that but for four you have two as back up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PCHENG said:

As long as each of you have your own Navica account that will be fine.  That will also leave two extras in case something goes wrong or faultiness

• Like 2