Telehealth Testing with BinaxNOW

11 hours ago, formerlyyanksdownunder said:

Got a question I was hoping someone could help me out on.  Purchased the box of six from emed for a RCCL cruise out of Florida in November and December.  The new CDC guidance from Friday details what is needed on the negative test result report and it lists full name and either birth date or passport number.  Since I have a middle name and the NAVICA app only allows first and last names to register (and the prescription only lists first and last names also), do I need to worry that the testing results will not have my middle name and that it will be rejected at the pier?  The RCCL website just states that it includes your name and doesn't state whether it is full name or not.

And somebody asked earlier about manufacturing dates of ones that people have received.  Mine had 2-08-21 for that and expiration of 10-15-21.  Adding the three month extension would get mine to 1-15-22 but with a Feb. 2022 cruise also will have to purchase another set, but will wait until it gets closer.

I am positive my test results for my cruise earlier this month did not show my full name that is on my passport.

DW and I did the BinaxNow test this morning with eMed and it was quick, painless, and came back negative.  The only downside is we had to pay for the test kits, but they were only $25 each and this was a very easy way to do it.  I guess we'll find out on Friday if RCCL likes the results or not, but according to their site we have met all of the criteria.

It took us around 30 minutes including waiting in the queue to start, waiting 15 minutes  for results and getting the email with the printable PDF file.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, tserface said:

DW and I did the BinaxNow test this morning with eMed and it was quick, painless, and came back negative.  The only downside is we had to pay for the test kits, but they were only $25 each and this was a very easy way to do it.  I guess we'll find out on Friday if RCCL likes the results or not, but according to their site we have met all of the criteria.

It took us around 30 minutes including waiting in the queue to start, waiting 15 minutes  for results and getting the email with the printable PDF file.

Great to hear. We are using this test as a back-up as we also have a PCR test scheduled since the local CVS is just a couple blocks from us. . We are lucky where we live and have plenty CVS and Walgreens around..so doubling up on the tests to play it safe. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tserface said:

The only downside is we had to pay for the test kits, but they were only $25 each and this was a very easy way to do it.

Were you able to buy them individually for $25?  If so where?  I have only seen them available at $150 for a six pack.

4 minutes ago, Lou33 said:

Were you able to buy them individually for $25?  If so where?  I have only seen them available at $150 for a six pack.

There are only two vendors right now.  Emed only offers the six pack at 150.00 + shipping.  Optum offers a two pack at 69.99 and a three pack at 99.99 with free expedited shipping but they are out of stock on both.   I had to order the six pack and only need one test 😅

https://www.emed.com/products/covid-at-home-testkit-six-pack?hsLang=en

https://store.optum.com/shop/category/tests-and-devices/covid-19-home-tests/

Edited by ryano

3 minutes ago, PaulS said:

Am I correct that each person with a test would require a separate telemedicine session?

Yes.  My wife and I did it yesterday morning.  We also ran into the "cache" trap where she was already logged in on the computer so when I went second it was still logged in as her (into Navica).  It was easy to log out and start again.

We spent less time doing the tests online than it would have taken driving to the pharmacy and doing it there.  It was very fast.  My wife didn't wait at all in the queue, and m wait was only 2 minutes.

I ordered my 6 test kits today.  Hoping Royal doesn’t change their mind about accepting them since we don’t cruise for 2 months.  I plan on using 2 of them 3-5 days after we return too as some suggest.  ( I won’t proctor those.) I think they will expire before our spring cruise.

On 8/29/2021 at 10:32 PM, FPP777 said:

I think I got this. Please confirm. 

1. 4 adults traveling

2. Purchase 6 pack from emed. 
3. 4 adults each download and set up Navica App on own phone. 
4. Each person contacts the health proctor separately with a sealed test. 
5. Results sent to the individual. 

That leaves 2 spares if there are issues. 

Done. 

Is that correct?

I ordered the 6 pack today and downloaded the NAVICA app. I know we each need to have that app to take the test, but my question is do we both also need an Emed account or do we just log into the NAVICA app on our phones to take the test?

5 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I ordered the 6 pack today and downloaded the NAVICA app. I know we each need to have that app to take the test, but my question is do we both also need an Emed account or do we just log into the NAVICA app on our phones to take the test?

Each person taking the test has to set up their own account and log on separately…

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

What's the average wait time to get the confirmation email that you have been approved and that they will ship? same day? Next day or longer?

If you get your approval email by 6pm it will ship the same day it says.   If you ordered today and dont get your approval email today, it will likely be approved first thing tomorrow morning and they will ship out tomorrow evening for Friday delivery.     

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

What's the average wait time to get the confirmation email that you have been approved and that they will ship? same day? Next day or longer?

I ordered yesterday morning, shipping confirmation email came last night, then the approval email came at 3 am. The tests arrived this afternoon. 

• Like 1