Telehealth Testing with BinaxNOW

For those who ordered the 6 tests from eMed.com - what did you check for the reason the test are needed?  The only one I see even close is for pre-departure for re-entry.  If you leave it blank - you aren’t eligible for purchase.  TIA!

Edited by retire2cruise55

When you put the test kit in your cart at Optum, it shows the product is HSA | FSA eligible. So if you need to spend before $$$ before the end of the year, this may be an option. There is also a section on their home page on the process to follow if you are denied use of your HSA | FSA funds. https://store.optum.com/eligibility-list/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, retire2cruise55 said:

For those who ordered the 6 tests from eMed.com - what did you check for the reason the test are needed?  The only one I see even close is for pre-departure for re-entry.  If you leave it blank - you aren’t eligible for purchase.  TIA!

That was what I checked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/25/2021 at 2:42 PM, birdlord said:

I went all the way through to the end - all the way to "review order" (already put in payment, already selected shipping, etc.) and at no point it asked me for anyone else's name.  The next step is actually paying them and I'm not about to hit pay without knowing I can use for both of us.  I'm on hold forever with them right now because this is nuts.

You are buying two tests so that would be for 1 person.  That is why you can't enter another persons name.  

1 hour ago, hardinggrad said:

We plan to use this for our Sept 5th cruise. Thursday (Sept 2nd)  is the first day we can take the test. Does anyone know what time?  Can we take it at say 1am (which is technically Thursday)?  Trying to avoid potential long wait times. 

I was thinking of doing the same too!

We plan to use this for our Sept 5th cruise. Thursday (Sept 2nd)  is the first day we can take the test. Does anyone know what time?  Can we take it at say 1am (which is technically Thursday)?  Trying to avoid potential long wait times. 

I don’t think RCL cares except for the date stamp, but you better be sure the time zone that the proctor will use for the report. 

I would also like to know if "Telehealth Guides" are available to do the test online 24/7. Just after midnight. 

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind

I just received my box of 6 tests from eMed. Fed Ex overnight from Memphis, TN.

on the box is a sticker that says, “this products shelf life has been extended”.

eMed.com/ FDA or scan QR code for info.

It is a letter from FDA to eMed (or Abbott) regarding the BinaxNOW Ag Card test.

Expiration for these test is now 12 month from manufacture date.

So, mine are good until Feb 1, 2022.

1 hour ago, kpauley said:

What county are you in in OH? I'd like to get one if it's Franklin or a surrounding county.

Here is the state’s website where you can find locations to pick up free tests. Looks like several in Columbus 

https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/dashboards/other-resources/testing-ch-centers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When would be the best time to purchase the test kits - our cruise leave Oct 2nd (take test on Sep 29th)?  I've been reading there is a shortage of test kits and sure as heck want to have them on hand for our pre-cruise testing.    Would I be OK purchasing the kits now or should I wait a week or so?  TIA!//Maria

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, pasodancer said:

When would be the best time to purchase the test kits - our cruise leave Oct 2nd (take test on Sep 29th)?  I've been reading there is a shortage of test kits and sure as heck want to have them on hand for our pre-cruise testing.    Would I be OK purchasing the kits now or should I wait a week or so?  TIA!//Maria

eMed says 5 days ahead of need.

1 hour ago, pasodancer said:

I'm on the same cruise. Contemplating whether I should order now. I think I'd go ahead and do it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pasodancer said:

Now...why wait....Oct is around the corner.

28 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Now...why wait....Oct is around the corner.

More advice please. Our cruises aren’t until 10/10 & 11/28/21 when should I order? Also would like to use for 1/20/22 cruise. Using this as a backup plan in case my results don’t come back in time. 

36 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

More advice please. Our cruises aren’t until 10/10 & 11/28/21 when should I order? Also would like to use for 1/20/22 cruise. Using this as a backup plan in case my results don’t come back in time. 

Our cruises are in November . Ordered and just received them yesterday. Will keep kits in cool, dry place until needed.
With school starting and many returning to office, shortage of rapid tests seem like a real possibility.

we wanted to make sure we could get the BinaxNOW Covid Ag card kits with the telehealth monitoring to use for our travel and cruises.

• Like 1