Telehealth Testing with BinaxNOW

On 8/25/2021 at 12:12 PM, bajathree said:

Doesn't allow you to add more than 3 names.

I ordered Monday night...got e-mail with tracking yesterday for overnight Fed-Ex delivery today.

Did you have to sign for it or do they drop it at the door?

Also, I put mine and my wife's information in when I ordered them. But does she now need to go to the emed website and create her own account to get the test done?

Edited by Blauelini

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

More advice please. Our cruises aren’t until 10/10 & 11/28/21 when should I order? Also would like to use for 1/20/22 cruise. Using this as a backup plan in case my results don’t come back in time. 

If it was me I would be ordering to have them now.

Just ordered via emed (6 pack).  My friend went to order on the  Optum site "OUT OF STOCK" (both 2 pack & 3 pack as of 8/28/21).....needless to say I am very thankful and now less stressed knowing my kit is ordered well before I will need it.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LorraineP said:

More advice please. Our cruises aren’t until 10/10 & 11/28/21 when should I order? Also would like to use for 1/20/22 cruise. Using this as a backup plan in case my results don’t come back in time. 

I ordered the 6 pack and received mine late last week.  The plan was to use them as a back up for a December cruise and for DH's in February.  However, the expiration date on them is 10/15/2021.  So, with the three month extension, it only takes it to 01/15/2021.    So, the extra will be expired before my DH sails.  Pretty disappointed in that....

People may want to prioritize buying these tests now that CDC has revised the CSO to lower the testing requirement for fully vaccinated guests from 3  days to 2 days.  This test is alluded to in the revised order as being acceptable.

0B4D8F44-A2F6-40C0-ACAA-8A7AA425ABD1.jpeg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Anton said:

People may want to prioritize buying these tests now that CDC has revised the CSO to lower the testing requirement for fully vaccinated guests from 3  days to 2 days.  This test is alluded to in the revised order as being acceptable.

If you don’t mind can you share a link as to where you found this information.  I would like to read it in it’s entirety…thanks!

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Anton said:

Like I have said above....if you're sailing anytime in 2021 I would be buying these tests now just to have.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Anton said:

Thanks for the heads up. This just reinforces that I need to do this for my mid-September cruise.

I know they use overnight shipping, but I was hoping to wait until our forecast high temps drop from mid 90s to low 80s later this week since you are supposed to keep this out of the heat. 

2 hours ago, Blauelini said:

Did you have to sign for it or do they drop it at the door?

Also, I put mine and my wife's information in when I ordered them. But does she now need to go to the emed website and create her own account to get the test done?

They left ours at the door, but I was home waiting on them. Our front door faces west and in Florida so I was concerned with the sun beating down on them. I probably should have had them hold it at the facility since it’s only about 15 minutes away from us and it wouldn’t have sat on the truck all day. They didn’t get here until about 7pm.

On 8/27/2021 at 5:01 PM, CruisesOnMyMind said:

I would also like to know if "Telehealth Guides" are available to do the test online 24/7. Just after midnight. 

I called the Customer Service phone number listed on the website and asked that exact question a few hours ago! The answer I received was, "yes, we do the telehealth monitoring 24 hours, 7 days," and he said that was true for holidays (not sure I would risk that, however.)

We haven't ordered the kits yet, but I am leaning hard towards doing so, even if we manage to snag 2 coveted appointments for antigen tests at a local CVS or Walgreen's. Reading online about the pharmacies suddenly cancelling appointments scares me. 

Edited by sushitex
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, libbismom said:

Thanks for the heads up. This just reinforces that I need to do this for my mid-September cruise.

I know they use overnight shipping, but I was hoping to wait until our forecast high temps drop from mid 90s to low 80s later this week since you are supposed to keep this out of the heat. 

Do you live very far from the FedEx processing center? They can hold it there till you can get it. Ours isn’t far from the airport.

On 8/25/2021 at 2:34 PM, zekekelso said:

Some enterprising soul needs to convert a taco truck into a mobile Covid testing lab and park it by the docks. There’s a fortune to be made. 

Tony's latest video (from La Lido Loca) shows an image of a mobile Covid testing lab (van) "cruising" around a Floridian cruise port, lol. 

26 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Do you live very far from the FedEx processing center? They can hold it there till you can get it. Ours isn’t far from the airport.

I’m not sure if I could have them drop it at the local FedEx office. Whenever I track something through FedEx, my stuff is loaded on the truck in a city more than an hour from where I live. (Small town life 😀)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pasodancer said:

Just ordered via emed (6 pack).  My friend went to order on the  Optum site "OUT OF STOCK" (both 2 pack & 3 pack as of 8/28/21).....needless to say I am very thankful and now less stressed knowing my kit is ordered well before I will need it.  

Just now ordered a 2 pack from Optum site, not out of stock at this moment. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, utopiahereicome said:

Just now ordered a 2 pack from Optum site, not out of stock at this moment. 

That is super great news - seems like these 2 companies (emed & Optum) are really on top of things - great customer service, fast shipping, quality product, etc.  Wouldn't it be nice if all businesses were like that!   Thank you for the update!

• Like 2

This latest CDC develpoment may catch a lot of people off guard. Especially considering that that RCL site still says: 'All guests age 2 and older — regardless of their vaccination status, departure port or the length of their cruisewill need to take a COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) 3 days before arriving at the terminal and show their negative test result.' 

Just now, footzz said:

This latest CDC develpoment may catch a lot of people off guard. Especially considering that that RCL site still says: 'All guests age 2 and older — regardless of their vaccination status, departure port or the length of their cruisewill need to take a COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) 3 days before arriving at the terminal and show their negative test result.' 

According to one cruise news website they do have an effective date of September 13 for the new testing requirements.

1 minute ago, footzz said:

There's no indication that RCL has adopted the updated guidance (yet).

• Like 2