The Daily for Wednesday September 01, 2021

richwmn

2 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

@msmayor  stay safe. I’m watching channel 6 right now.  Lots of tornadoes happening now

We had the news on and had heard of the one that came through Mullica Hill...a colleague lives there and I immediately sent him a text to check on him.  He and his family fine, but a lot of devastation.  A family his kids are friendly with lost their entire home in 30 seconds.

We finished dinner and I started the dishes, ABC Channel 6 on in the background.  We were watching the report on the confirmed tornado moving through Cherry Hill and into Maple Shade...my son's phone was the first to go off with the tornado warning and he looked at me and said "Let's go Mom...basement".  I yelled for my husband and we headed down the stairs, watching the ABC app on my phone to get the updates.  It moved closer to us, but must have taken a more westerly track once it got closer to Willingboro (town just south of me) and moved into the Bristol PA area.  We emerged from the basement after 45 minutes and thankfully, all seemed fine.

I've lived in NJ for nearly 57 years and never remember tornado watches or warnings (or REAL tornados) in this state like I've seen the past few years.  Even the meteorologist said we were only used to seeing 'gust-nados'...bursts of swirling winds that take days for the weather service to decide if they are legit tornados or not.  Today...at least three "confirmed and extremely dangerous" tornados on the ground...visual confirmations.  

And we all thought 2020 was a crazy year...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, msmayor said:

We had the news on and had heard of the one that came through Mullica Hill...a colleague lives there and I immediately sent him a text to check on him.  He and his family fine, but a lot of devastation.  A family his kids are friendly with lost their entire home in 30 seconds.

We finished dinner and I started the dishes, ABC Channel 6 on in the background.  We were watching the report on the confirmed tornado moving through Cherry Hill and into Maple Shade...my son's phone was the first to go off with the tornado warning and he looked at me and said "Let's go Mom...basement".  I yelled for my husband and we headed down the stairs, watching the ABC app on my phone to get the updates.  It moved closer to us, but must have taken a more westerly track once it got closer to Willingboro (town just south of me) and moved into the Bristol PA area.  We emerged from the basement after 45 minutes and thankfully, all seemed fine.

I've lived in NJ for nearly 57 years and never remember tornado watches or warnings (or REAL tornados) in this state like I've seen the past few years.  Even the meteorologist said we were only used to seeing 'gust-nados'...bursts of swirling winds that take days for the weather service to decide if they are legit tornados or not.  Today...at least three "confirmed and extremely dangerous" tornados on the ground...visual confirmations.  

Glad you are safe.  Our thoughts are with the family of your son's friend.  Growing up in Texas, we learned tornados are to be taken seriously.

Lenda 

• Like 5

Yikes 😱 glad you are all safe.

It’s global warming.  We’re paying the price I fear 😰 

• Like 6

Thanks for sll the daily news.

We have crossed the International date line several times, by ship and by air.  Flying to North America, we once had two New Years Eve celebrations.

@msmayor good news that you will become grandparents.

@Overhead Fredsafe trsvels, enjoy your cottage.

@smitty34877thank you for your reply, how often will Tana go to rehab?

@dobiemom have a fabulous cruise.

Ventured out to the supermarket this morning, no wait to enter the shop, everyone wearing masks, now back in our lockdown.

Today 49 new community delta cases all in Auckland, total cases 725, of these, 42 in hospital, 6 in ICU, with 3 on ventilators. 

We see TV news reports of the weather chaos in .North America, hope the weather will quickly improve.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

What a frightening experience, pleased  that you are all safe.

• Like 3

Good Evening Everyone!

Reading everyone's news sure helps brighten up the day.  We are in quarantine now until our Covid swabs come back.  Our adult son who lives with us tested positive after two co workers, tested positive on the weekend.  He had the sniffles (thought he just started to get a cold) employer sent him to be tested and yes it was Covid.  We are all vaccinated and much of the time we don't have much contact with him as he is off working, but he does live in the house!  It is concerning as I have daily contacts with my Dad and step mom to help care for Dad and yesterday I took Mom to an appointment.

It is scary to think, as I was contacting people today to think how much contact I have even with my family bubble, as we care for the parents and help watch the Grands after school (school just started Monday).  Then I had to contact my boss as I work now and then providing coverage for sick call/vacation with developmental delayed and dementia clients that I can't come in if called!  What a ripple effect this has on so many people.

Sure glad I didn't book that Alaska cruise I wanted too for this weekend, we had really wanted to go but with Dad needing more care, I had been hesitant to be "unavailable" for a week, now it looks like it was for the best.

So please wear your mask and social distance, even with our cautious activity and precautions Covid arrived in our home.

Denise

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

7 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Graham, Sarah is very lucky to have you and Pauline in her life.  From what you said, you are the "parents" she needs and deserves.  BTW, Sarah is as lovely as Pauline.

Lenda

Thank you Lenda.

We worry about her epilepsy but she knows we are always there for her.

Graham.

• Like 5

Just watched the morning news in the UK.

Prayers 🙏 to everyone in New York and New Jersey and everyone else affected by storm Ida.

The flooding especially in the subway looked very frightening and worrying.

Take care and stay safe friends.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, CrabbyPatti said:

Good Evening Everyone!

Reading everyone's news sure helps brighten up the day.  We are in quarantine now until our Covid swabs come back.  Our adult son who lives with us tested positive after two co workers, tested positive on the weekend.  He had the sniffles (thought he just started to get a cold) employer sent him to be tested and yes it was Covid.  We are all vaccinated and much of the time we don't have much contact with him as he is off working, but he does live in the house!  It is concerning as I have daily contacts with my Dad and step mom to help care for Dad and yesterday I took Mom to an appointment.

It is scary to think, as I was contacting people today to think how much contact I have even with my family bubble, as we care for the parents and help watch the Grands after school (school just started Monday).  Then I had to contact my boss as I work now and then providing coverage for sick call/vacation with developmental delayed and dementia clients that I can't come in if called!  What a ripple effect this has on so many people.

Sure glad I didn't book that Alaska cruise I wanted too for this weekend, we had really wanted to go but with Dad needing more care, I had been hesitant to be "unavailable" for a week, now it looks like it was for the best.

So please wear your mask and social distance, even with our cautious activity and precautions Covid arrived in our home.

Denise

How very sad to hear Denise 😢. Prayers that your tests are negative and that there has been no impact to your parents and family 🙏🏻 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, CrabbyPatti said:

Good Evening Everyone!

Denise

Denise, how awful for everyone.  Hope your tests are negative and that your father and the rest of the family are okay.  Glad you are vaccinated.

People just don't realize how their actions or lack of action affects others.

Lenda 

• Like 1