Summer 2023 cruise programme.

Son of Bare

It seems mind boggling to me to be thinking of cruises in early 2024, two and a half years ahead.

In the past, I have booked two years ahead, which seemed a lot, even in a time when travel was more certain.  I won't be booking anything new from this release for quite some time, as I will want to see how cruising develops in the Covid era, and I have actually done a cruise to see if it's still to my liking.

However, this will be good for people who want to move cruises, or still have FCC to use.

I expect P&O are hoping to get some new money in. 

19 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

It seems mind boggling to me to be thinking of cruises in early 2024, two and a half years ahead.

In the past, I have booked two years ahead, which seemed a lot, even in a time when travel was more certain.  I won't be booking anything new from this release for quite some time, as I will want to see how cruising develops in the Covid era, and I have actually done a cruise to see if it's still to my liking.

Yes, I agree. We still have one booked for October 2022, so we'll wait and see how we feel after that one before we decide on future cruises. I keep thinking that by next October things should be better, but that's what I thought last October so.........😏

Avril

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I am probably going to book something, mainly because of our need for an accessible cabin, but I am hoping the deposit will only be 5%,  at the most, so if I really dont like the new arrangements, It won't be too much pain to lose it.

I understand the necessity for you to book early John, we are fortunate that we can wait.

Avril

9 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I am probably going to book something, mainly because of our need for an accessible cabin, but I am hoping the deposit will only be 5%,  at the most, so if I really dont like the new arrangements, It won't be too much pain to lose it.

Same here John. We have almost £400 FCC still to use which will expire at the end of Dec, so we will book something for 2023 at launch to secure an accessible cabin (hopefully at a good price) and if we have to write it off there’s nothing lost. Even though we are currently on the Isle of Wight and watching the cruise ships leave every evening we just can’t get excited about cruising again at present. All the reviews that I have read (even the positive ones) don’t sound like our idea of enjoyment, but we surely have to hope that things will return to normal before too long. Then again, as Avril says, we’ve been saying that for a long time now! Our biggest dilemma will be which ship. We were booked on the original Iona maiden and had been looking forward to it as we like Britannia, but all the reports on her have made us question whether we would like her.

16 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I just like to book far in advance as they seem to give me the best prices. Or have done so far

So did we, however we've had so many cancellations and rebookings at higher prices, only to have them cancelled again that I wonder if it's worth just yet. 

Avril

With a lot of folk still making up their minds about paying their Caribbean balances or not it would have been nice to have a certain date for the 2023/4 launch to aid on the decision if the launch is before the payment date. We are in that position. Maybe that is the reason they are not telling us when the launch is hoping that folk pay up and also book a 2023/4 cruise or am I just being cynical.