Ruby Princess in dry dock

ProfMHC

33 minutes ago, ProfMHC said:
Here is a KATU.com article that you might like <BR><BR>https://katu.com/news/local/massive-cruise-ship-dry-docked-in-north-portland-for-repairs

Ha.....that's a big boat......LOL

1 hour ago, karylrocks said:

I'm going out tomorrow to try to get some pics. Our Ruby cruise was postponed until next November but we will get there eventually....

we might be on the same cruise.....Nov 7th?

1 hour ago, karylrocks said:

I'm going out tomorrow to try to get some pics. Our Ruby cruise was postponed until next November but we will get there eventually....

It is hard to get too close to the ship unless you have an in at the shipyard

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Is there any information on what they are doing in Dry Dock ?

Word was work on HVAC, Medallion Net and work on dining rooms and other venues to help with social distancing.  That is about all I was able to get from my PVP.  Hope to see for myself in January

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Share is going away and being replaced by Sabatini's. That must be part of what they're doing.

Thanks - we are looking at a Nov 7 Cal Coastal and would have liked to try Share, but Sabatini's is always good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

Share is going away and being replaced by Sabatini's. That must be part of what they're doing.

I suspect that replacing SHARE with Sabatini's is a matter of changing signage and some paint plus getting rid of the smell of rancid pork belly fat. ; )

It appears SHARE is gone from the whole fleet.

There is not mention of SHARE in the latest copy of https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/food-and-dining/dining-options.pdf All references to Curtis Stone have been removed from that pdf.

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, brisalta said:

I suspect that replacing SHARE with Sabatini's is a matter of changing signage and some paint plus getting rid of the smell of rancid pork belly fat. ; )

There is not mention of SHARE in the latest copy of https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/food-and-dining/dining-options.pdf All references to Curtis Stone have been removed from that pdf.

When I clicked on your link I still see references to SHARE. Guess they will disappear. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, brisalta said:

I think his contract with Princess may be expiring 

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

According to KTVU2 News it's supposed to sail out of Pier 23 (SF) on Halloween. Does that give it time to do major stuff?

She will be leaving Portland on Friday the 15th according to local news

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, marden1970 said:

Hopefully they will also add an Alfredos

I wish! But that doesn't seem to be happening. If they were doing that, it seems like they would have updated their website at the same time they replaced Share with Sabatini's. Wonder where they could put Alfredo's on the Ruby?