Celebrity Air ??

KellyMcB

While booking our cruise I found that Celebrity Air has a great price and wanted to book air (connected to our cruise booking).

The problem I'm having is I can't secure seats without final payment - which isn't due until mid December - by then my seat

selection will probably be crap & we won't be able sit together.

Has anyone else experienced this or overcome this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Have you discussed this with Flights by Celebrity?  If not, give them a call and ask whether you can pay for your flights in full now so your itinerary can be ticketed.  If so, you'll then be able to secure your seat selection.

• Thanks 1

I wondered about this too.  Some airlines will allow seat selection as soon as booked, others won't.  A Flights by Celebrity agent told me that Celebrity pays for the flights (and the tickets are issued) about a month before the flight regardless of when you pay the flight in full.  The airline in question for me is Air Canada.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MoreyCreek said:

I wondered about this too.  Some airlines will allow seat selection as soon as booked, others won't.  A Flights by Celebrity agent told me that Celebrity pays for the flights (and the tickets are issued) about a month before the flight regardless of when you pay the flight in full.  The airline in question for me is Air Canada.

Air Canada will not allow you to choose your seats until you pay the premium in full.

i just booked our European flights in/out of Rome for our Sept. cruise & I have to tell you that Celebrity Air was way cheaper than the same flights on Air Canada.  
I will pay in full when the Premium seats start to disappear.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, If only said:

ir Canada will not allow you to choose your seats until you pay the premium in full.

i just booked our European flights in/out of Rome for our Sept. cruise & I have to tell you that Celebrity Air was way cheaper than the same flights on Air Canada.  
I will pay in full when the Premium seats start to disappear.

I booked Business on Air Canada through Celebrity.  Not the end of the world if we can't select seats now.I

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KellyMcB said:

While booking our cruise I found that Celebrity Air has a great price and wanted to book air (connected to our cruise booking).

The problem I'm having is I can't secure seats without final payment - which isn't due until mid December - by then my seat

Sucks that Air Canada works that way. I just booked Celebrity Air yesterday on American and then called them to assign seats.

Edited by neverlaysup
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MoreyCreek said:

I booked Business on Air Canada through Celebrity.  Not the end of the world if we can't select seats now.I

If your booked Business Class I wouldn’t worry too much about what seats you get.  You will have great seats anyway.

Edited by If only

4 hours ago, KellyMcB said:

What airline did you book?

On 10/23/2021 at 3:06 PM, KellyMcB said:

I have Celebrity Air for Apex leaving 26 March 2022 and I added air 2 months ago and rep at Celebrity assigned me seat numbers. Call Celebrity they can reserve seat before final payoff. You will not see the seats on your record locator until you pay but your seats are reserved.

• Like 1

I had the same issue with my booking. I called Celebrity air and asked for my confirmation numbers over the phone and asked that by be emailed to me.  While still on the phone I received by booking confirmation by email with the booking numbers and I was able to select my seats. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, druzinski said:

I had the same issue with my booking. I called Celebrity air and asked for my confirmation numbers over the phone and asked that by be emailed to me.  While still on the phone I received by booking confirmation by email with the booking numbers and I was able to select my seats. 

When I booked my air I forgot to print the page with the price and confirmation number. I mistakenly believed them when they said they will email the confirmation to my email. After waiting a week I called them today and did the same as you. It came right away while I was on the phone with the rep. It would certainly take a load off the wait times and things the reps have to handle if their website would work right in the first place. 

We will be on Beyond on the Sept 5, 2022 sailing and booked our business class flights via Flights by Celebrity. I then proceeded to expert flyer to check the seat map and availability for all of our legs. 

With my seat numbers in hand, I called Flights by Celebrity and had them reserve the seats.

I then went back to expert flyer - all my seat choices were now showing assigned. 

Bottom line, call and get your seats assigned (even if you haven't paid for your flights).

On 10/23/2021 at 5:10 PM, MoreyCreek said:

I just booked air with Air Canada...wanted seat selection so I paid in full for the air portion of our cruise;  was given a booking #;  accessed AC website, keyed in my booking # and then allowed to book my seats.  If you booked economy there is a charge per seat.  Air by Celebrity issued a confirmation showing air paid and cruise balance owing.  Easy to do.

Edited by Oceangoer2

23 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I just booked air with Air Canada...wanted seat selection so I paid in full for the air portion of our cruise;  was given a booking #;  accessed AC website, keyed in my booking # and then allowed to book my seats.  If you booked economy there is a charge per seat.  Air by Celebrity issued a confirmation showing air paid and cruise balance owing.  Easy to do.

Thanks for the information.  I guess you can't always trust what the agents at Air by Celebrity tell you.  I'll contact my TA to see about paying for the flights now so I can select our seats.

We were booked with United through Celebrity Air for a cruise we have since cancelled.  We were able to book our seats right from the start  over the next 6 months there were numerous flight and aircraft changes.  Even though, our seats (4) were more or less preserved with every change. Keep meaning to look into our next cruise as it is with Delta but a code share with Westjet.

On 10/23/2021 at 1:06 PM, KellyMcB said:

Edited by QCAZ
Looks like Issue was solved. But just call Flights by Celebrity and they will get the seat assignments for you. Of course if only the airline you’re using allows for pre-assigned seats.

Our experience with Celebrity Air is that on American, United, Lufthansa  and Delta you can reserve seats when you book the flights. On British Airways you can't reserve any seats even business class prior to 24 hours before departure without paying a $75-150 non refundable fee to BA, why we will never fly again with them.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Our experience with Celebrity Air is that on American, United, Lufthansa  and Delta you can reserve seats when you book the flights. On British Airways you can't reserve any seats even business class prior to 24 hours before departure without paying a $75-150 non refundable fee to BA, why we will never fly again with them.

The BA seat available might depend on OW status, because I was able to prebook Business Class seats.  It is at least worth checking out if you are flying BA.

Just now, jagoffee said:

The BA seat available might depend on OW status, because I was able to prebook Business Class seats.  It is at least worth checking out if you are flying BA.

OW status?  My husband and I are flying BA in June for our Italy and Greece cruise, and now I'm concerned we won't be able to sit together.  I'm planning to call the airline this week to use points to upgrade from Premium Economy to Business (although one of our flights is already booked into Business) - has anyone had any issues with this kind of upgrade using Flights by Celebrity?  It was our TA who set everything up to take advantage of the sale going on, but said I'd need to do the points upgrade myself.  So this has me a bit worried. 

On 10/30/2021 at 10:30 AM, Oceangoer2 said:

Pay in full would appear to be the only way to get a guaranteed seat assignment. With a reservation but not payment, some airlines (Delta, United, American in my experience, but I don’t go through the cruise line flight booking very often) will allow you to pick a seat, which probably 95+% of the time will be the one you end up with. However, the seats are not actually guaranteed to be yours unless they are paid for.

Actually, I have had American change a paid-for seat without explanation. Delta also changed a paid-for seat, but that was an equipment change where the row I was seated didn’t actually exist on the new plane (difference in the way the rows were numbered).

18 minutes ago, ExArkie said:

Pay in full would appear to be the only way to get a guaranteed seat assignment. With a reservation but not payment, some airlines (Delta, United, American in my experience, but I don’t go through the cruise line flight booking very often) will allow you to pick a seat, which probably 95+% of the time will be the one you end up with. However, the seats are not actually guaranteed to be yours unless they are paid for.

Actually, I have had American change a paid-for seat without explanation. Delta also changed a paid-for seat, but that was an equipment change where the row I was seated didn’t actually exist on the new plane (difference in the way the rows were numbered).

And your point is well taken......Air Canada will only allow seat selection AFTER paying for the air booking.  Some American airlines allow seat choice as soon as ABC puts the 'request' for air through.  Yes, airlines change planes and at that point the seats change as well.  My experience is they put you where they put you....no consultation.  So I keep an eye on these things as much as possible closer to the flight date.  Nothing in this life is 'for sure'...LOL.