Celebrity COVID-19 assistance now extended to April 30th sailings

schiff1997

This makes me super happy for our Feb cruise!

Covid-19 Assistance

Book a Celebrity cruise that’s sailing on or before April 30, 2022 and you’ll have the following reassurance at no extra charge:

• 100% cruise fare refund for you, and your Traveling Party, if any of you tests positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal.**
  • Pro-rated cruise fare refund for anyone who has their cruise cut short due to testing positive for COVID-19 or being suspected of having COVID-19 during the cruise.
  • If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, Celebrity Cruises will cover the cost of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard, any required land-based quarantine, and homebound travel for you and your Traveling Party.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the information.  My son and I are on the Beyond’s Inaugural Voyage departing Southampton April 27 so we should be covered.  We are both vaccinated and have received our boosters but I guess you never know about break thru cases anymore. 

Edited by ncgolferette

So I did spend a long time searching here and on Celebrity's site, and found what they do for air booked through Celebrity once you have arrived at boarding or during the cruise. 

Could not find what they do for the option of canceling 48 hours or more or if one tests positive at the 2 day prior to cruising requirement.  Anyone know?

Thanks.

On 10/29/2021 at 9:14 AM, happy cruzer said:

So I did spend a long time searching here and on Celebrity's site, and found what they do for air booked through Celebrity once you have arrived at boarding or during the cruise. 

Could not find what they do for the option of canceling 48 hours or more or if one tests positive at the 2 day prior to cruising requirement.  Anyone know?

Thanks.

Anyone?  I guess I can open another thread.  I don't really want to call Celebrity because often the person answering doesn't know the details.  Thanks.

On 10/29/2021 at 10:14 AM, happy cruzer said:

Thanks.

It’s under the Cruise with Confidence.  If you test positive in the 48 hr requirement before the cruise they will give you an FCC.  You must have booked before Oct 31, 2021.

Edited by If only
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, If only said:

It’s under the Cruise with Confidence.  If you test positive in the 48 hr requirement before the cruise they will give you an FCC.  You must have booked before Oct 31, 2021.

Yes, the wording is FCC for cruise fare, does that include Cruise Airfare booked through Celebrity that would have already been paid for and ticketed?  Thanks.

2 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Yes, the wording is FCC for cruise fare, does that include Cruise Airfare booked through Celebrity that would have already been paid for and ticketed?  Thanks.

To be honest, I really don’t know about the flights.  We got a really good rate with Celebrity air so taking a chance but if worse comes to worse the airline has been allowing  a one time change since Covid  if used within a year from booking date but really hoping it doesn’t come to that

6 minutes ago, If only said:

To be honest, I really don’t know about the flights.  We got a really good rate with Celebrity air so taking a chance but if worse comes to worse the airline has been allowing  a one time change since Covid  if used within a year from booking date but really hoping it doesn’t come to that

I believe Celebrity Air will still charge their $200 pp penalty for any change or cancellation.   The rest is depending on the airline policy.   I don't believe CwC covers flights in any way.

2 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

I don’t have a direct answer to your specific question, but I will offer this. We were recently trying to book flights through Celebrity Air for our August cruise on the Summit. We saw flights available through independent searches on the internet, but came up empty when we tried booking them through Celebrity Air. When we contacted the Celebrity Air, they said there weren’t any refundable fares made available to them from any airline yet.

From that we surmised Celebrity Air’s flights are refundable. However, to be sure I would call the Celebrity Air folks and ask them your question to see what form of payment you would receive.

BTW I might add we got through to them pretty quickly when we called early in the morning.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I don’t have a direct answer to your specific question, but I will offer this. We were recently trying to book flights through Celebrity Air for our August cruise on the Summit. We saw flights available through independent searches on the internet, but came up empty when we tried booking them through Celebrity Air. When we contacted the Celebrity Air, they said there weren’t any refundable fares made available to them from any airline yet.

From that we surmised Celebrity Air’s flights are refundable. However, to be sure I would call the Celebrity Air folks and ask them your question to see what form of payment you would receive.

BTW I might add we got through to them pretty quickly when we called early in the morning.

Thanks for sharing.  We booked many months ago.  First Class tickets are almost as much as the cruise fare.  So having that money protected matters.  Don't really need Celebrity's actual insurance/travel protection plan, we have other policies to cover the same items except cancel for any reason.

Just checking how to cover the airfare similar to what Celebrity provides for the cruise in Cruise with Confidence.  Will call in the next couple of days to see what Celebrity flights people say.

Thanks.

• Like 1

It's actually covered in the CwC FAQ's

Does Cruise with Confidence protect airfare?

If you booked air through Flights by Celebrity with a refundable air option, Celebrity will handle changing your arrangements, and we’ll cover any change fees. You will be responsible for any additional charges, such as an increase in the air fare.   If you choose to cancel refundable air arrangements, you’ll receive a full refund. Refunds will be processed to the original form of payment. The refund will typically appear on your credit card statement in the next billing cycle.

UK and Ireland guests who booked a non-refundable ticket through Celebrity will not receive a refund. If you booked flights independently with an airline or travel partner, you’ll need to contact them directly to inquire about a refund or contact your travel insurance provider.

If you booked air independently or purchased nonrefundable air through Flights by Celebrity, you should reach out to your air carrier for assistance with canceling or changing your flight. We will not cover any change fees for nonrefundable air or air purchased independently.

If you choose to cancel, the carrier should allow you the use of the ticket within 12 months of the ticket issue date. If the airline does not accommodate the use of the ticket value within 12 months of ticket issue date, you should contact Flights by Celebrity via email at choiceairsupervisors@rccl.com.  In your email, be sure to include the following:

Booking Number

Sail Date

Guest Names

Reason for the email/what was advised by the airline

Emails will be answered in the order received. Responses may take 7 to 10 business days.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 5:02 PM, wrk2cruise said:

It's actually covered in the CwC FAQ's

Does Cruise with Confidence protect airfare?

If you booked air through Flights by Celebrity with a refundable air option, Celebrity will handle changing your arrangements, and we’ll cover any change fees. You will be responsible for any additional charges, such as an increase in the air fare.   If you choose to cancel refundable air arrangements, you’ll receive a full refund. Refunds will be processed to the original form of payment. The refund will typically appear on your credit card statement in the next billing cycle.

UK and Ireland guests who booked a non-refundable ticket through Celebrity will not receive a refund. If you booked flights independently with an airline or travel partner, you’ll need to contact them directly to inquire about a refund or contact your travel insurance provider.

If you booked air independently or purchased nonrefundable air through Flights by Celebrity, you should reach out to your air carrier for assistance with canceling or changing your flight. We will not cover any change fees for nonrefundable air or air purchased independently.

If you choose to cancel, the carrier should allow you the use of the ticket within 12 months of the ticket issue date. If the airline does not accommodate the use of the ticket value within 12 months of ticket issue date, you should contact Flights by Celebrity via email at choiceairsupervisors@rccl.com.  In your email, be sure to include the following:

Booking Number

Sail Date

Guest Names

Reason for the email/what was advised by the airline

Emails will be answered in the order received. Responses may take 7 to 10 business days.

So based on this info - if you have air that has been ticketed from Celebrity that was originally booked refundable and you cancel say 3 days before the cruise, you get a refund of air fare and FCC for cruise fare?  If the ticket was booked non refundable, you rely on the airline to honor the value of the ticket for up to 12 months and FCC for cruise fare?  Kinda of confusing because I thought once the ticket was issued it because nonrefundable?  Still need to call to be sure I guess.

Thanks for posting from the FAQ

All very good to hear and a good step by Celebrity.  But I have a couple of additional questions- maybe for special (rare?) cases.  So what happens if you test positive at the cruise port city or terminal prior to ship check in?  Yes you will get a refund or FCC.  But how do you quarantine? Where? How do you get home?  At who's expense?  If you live near the cruise port and drive that is the answer - you just drive home.  But what if you flew in?

5 hours ago, TeeRick said:

All very good to hear and a good step by Celebrity.  But I have a couple of additional questions- maybe for special (rare?) cases.  So what happens if you test positive at the cruise port city or terminal prior to ship check in?  Yes you will get a refund or FCC.  But how do you quarantine? Where? How do you get home?  At who's expense?  If you live near the cruise port and drive that is the answer - you just drive home.  But what if you flew in?

Well, if you purchase air through Celebrity they probably do a air change for you at no costs since you have technically started your cruise vacation.  The other expenses that you may incur may have to be covered by trip interruption or medical insurance.

I have question about coverage for very serious cases of Covid that require hospitalization during the cruise.  Celebrity's Cruise with Confidence seems to only cover quarantine and onboard costs so you would still have to use a travel or medical policy as well.

Bottom line if it is not mentioned specifically, it is at best negotiable and worse not covered.  Would be interesting to hear actual experiences.