Options for Covid test pre=cruise

Nebr.cruiser

Why would you think my question was unreal?  Arriving two days before the cruise and wanted to find a place for a rapid antigen test.  The drugstores that offer that are few and far between in PA, but thanks for the info. 

we did  AbbotBinax recently. we were in Rome four days before cruise and didn't want to use Italian pharmacy. we did it from the comfort of our hotel room two days before sail date. 

downloaded app and called in, they asked to see box and then walked us through test. had to prop phone up so test was visible for 15 minutes and then they were back and read results. sent results to app and we showed that at check in, would do again if out of country for sure

• Like 1

DH and I used OnPoint this morning for our Summit cruise that leaves on Sunday.

We entered our insurance info and our ID the day before.

The whole process took less than 15 minutes. We received a link to our results plus a PDF that we have printer out.

Would definitely use again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To jbdawg. If you did the AbbotBinax test in Rome what phone number did you use?

Does that Test brand  have an international toll free number or are you  charged expensive long distance rates?

I have never used one of those but we will be in Japan 3 days before a Cruise and will need to be tested before boarding our ship.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, D. B. said:

To jbdawg. If you did the AbbotBinax test in Rome what phone number did you use?

Does that Test brand  have an international toll free number or are you  charged expensive long distance rates?

I have never used one of those but we will be in Japan 3 days before a Cruise and will need to be tested before boarding our ship.

Thank you.

There's no phone number to call. You just connect to a website with your browser.

• Like 2

I just wanted to say this thread is extremely helpful to people like me who are taking their first cruise post-Covid. My last cruise was in January 2020 and this will be my first Celebrity cruise. The biggest stressor is the Covid test and I had no idea virtual companies like OnPoint existed!

Thanks everyone!

• Like 3

Just back from cruise in Constellation. We did online test in UK with DOCHQ.com. Very simple , very efficient and certificate came through during the video call.

On arrival at the port, only one person looked at the date of the test on the form. The QR code was not scanned so there was no validation of the certificate and no copy was taken. Since the test we had taken  2 flights, ran the gauntlet of 2 extremely busy security screenings at the airports surrounded by hundreds of people most of whom did not wear masks as this is not a requirement. IMHO I think it’s all a bit of a farce 

, but currently that’s the rules. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, duncrieviedude said:

Just back from cruise in Constellation. We did online test in UK with DOCHQ.com. Very simple , very efficient and certificate came through during the video call.

On arrival at the port, only one person looked at the date of the test on the form. The QR code was not scanned so there was no validation of the certificate and no copy was taken. Since the test we had taken  2 flights, ran the gauntlet of 2 extremely busy security screenings at the airports surrounded by hundreds of people most of whom did not wear masks as this is not a requirement. IMHO I think it’s all a bit of a farce 

, but currently that’s the rules. 

Thanks for sharing your experience.  IMHO, testing has its place.  I'm not aware of any test that would test positive less than two days after catching the virus.

On 7/29/2022 at 3:01 PM, D. B. said:

Thank you.

I downloaded the app and connected on wifi, very easy to do the test and results to app (and email) quickly too. I didn't get a sim card so I screen shot both results and showed photo when I checked in, no problems at all

• Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 3:07 PM, RichYak said:

There's no phone number to call. You just connect to a website with your browser.

I used the app, there is a website also. the people on the other end were very helpful and instruction for use very easy

Not sure if this has been asked but are there any places in Fort Lauderdale close to the port that does early evening Covid testing on Saturday. It appears everything closes around 4 or 5 pm. 

I know you can do online proctored or wait till Sunday for a Monday cruise but just wondering about a Saturday evening test

TIA

Okay, I have calmed down. 8 pm finally got a proctor (that’s 2 hours, 5 emails and waiting on hold for 1.5 hours) and have our results. Dude was great, test was easy and I got my results within 15 minutes. 

I guess when you actually get someone it works great!

• Like 2

Was considering using them...but I don't know.  I am already stressed regarding the test as we will be in Vancouver, BC 2 days prior to testing this coming September....not sure I want to have to sit on the phone another 2 hours while there on vacation.

On 8/4/2022 at 5:57 PM, Chemgoddess1 said:

FYI, SUUUUUUUUUPER pissed off with Onpoint right now. They never showed up for my appointment then has the gall to send me a message stating I never showed. I have been on hold with them for close to an hour. I would not recommend.

I am going to use my Ipad...do I need to download a ZOOM App or will the Onpoint Link take me to their site to set up the video?

Thanks

On 7/19/2022 at 9:19 PM, HappyCamper49 said:

Prefer not to do an AbbotBinax or eMed, etc..   Is the Walgreens NAAT Rapid Antigen accepted by Celebrity?

Yes, if you can still find a store that is doing them before you leave home.

On 8/3/2022 at 6:29 AM, mjljgl said:

Not sure if this has been asked but are there any places in Fort Lauderdale close to the port that does early evening Covid testing on Saturday. It appears everything closes around 4 or 5 pm. 

I know you can do online proctored or wait till Sunday for a Monday cruise but just wondering about a Saturday evening test

TIA

not sure anyone commented.  In June we made an appointment at Walgreens in F.Lauderdale and it was fairly easy & a lot of time slots.  There were several locations and we took one near the hotel.

Celebrity has made a major change in many of the port departure vaccination and pre-test requirements. 

You need to go to the Celebrity Website at the top Health and Safety line and check the requirements for the changes that will occur. My cruise out of Rome allows non-vaccinated and requires Pres-tests for all but not the monitored type. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/health-and-safety 

read the Full info for your type departure port. For my Rome departure, it requires monitored pre-tests if Greece is one of the stops. 

Den

• Like 2

For our cruise from Barcelona on 15 Sept the Celebrity website states:

'All guests ages 2 and older must test present a negative COVID-19 test result to board their sailing. A negative test result from any commercially available test, including self-tests, will be accepted. Tests do not have to be monitored or proctored. Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test".

So we can do an unmonitored self test in the hotel the day before and just take a photo of the actual test!  Suppose they'll look at the photo properties to see when you took the photo?  And I wonder if a NHS antigen test with text/email counts as  commercially available?

Edited by colingu

14 hours ago, colingu said:

For our cruise from Barcelona on 15 Sept the Celebrity website states:

'All guests ages 2 and older must test present a negative COVID-19 test result to board their sailing. A negative test result from any commercially available test, including self-tests, will be accepted. Tests do not have to be monitored or proctored. Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test".

So we can do an unmonitored self test in the hotel the day before and just take a photo of the actual test!  Suppose they'll look at the photo properties to see when you took the photo?  And I wonder if a NHS antigen test with text/email counts as  commercially available?

Yes - I think you are correct.  I doubt they will check the photo properties (so in theory you could perhaps show an old photo of a test / result) or even produce an actual (old) negative test !  As far as I'm aware - there are no dates on them. 

It's become a bit of a farce - may be time to drop the requirement to produce the tests / results completely and simply have people declare they have no symptoms etc (as is the case with other illnesses) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cheshire Blue said:

Yes - I think you are correct.  I doubt they will check the photo properties (so in theory you could perhaps show an old photo of a test / result) or even produce an actual (old) negative test !  As far as I'm aware - there are no dates on them. 

It's become a bit of a farce - may be time to drop the requirement to produce the tests / results completely and simply have people declare they have no symptoms etc (as is the case with other illnesses) 

Id not try to scam them if I were you.  

14 minutes ago, bdstickks0944 said:

Id not try to scam them if I were you.  

no worries about that - I certainly won't be attempting to scam them.  

Just pointing out the flaws in the "new" system - hence reference to it now being a bit of a farce