Speculation - Black Friday 2021 Specials??

Cruisegoer

10 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yea  I wonder if the Black Friday sale would be able to be combined with the onboard booking OBC.  If so that would be another $300 OBC.   They may really restrict to new bookings as well.   It's all a marketing game

I would guess so because that is what I got on the current booking I made last week.

23 hours ago, HBDave said:

So instead of reducing the price, they're going to offer onboard credit. The onboard credit will only be for new bookings between 11/23/2021 - 11/30/2021. If the Cruise Price goes down, you can request a price adjustment to your current booking, but with the Black Friday Offer, you'd need to cancel and loose or receive FCC for your non-refundable deposit in order to rebook to receive the onboard credit. This seems like a sneaky way to get around having to honor their Price Guaranteed Policy.   

Is this something that happens often with certain promotions, that you aren’t able to carry the onboard credit forward when repricing? That is really unappealing for a “sale”…particularly when people are booking cruises out a year or longer. 

While I Am not sure if X will have any sales or not, IF they do, I can speculate with some specificity that there will be a number of posters posting how they could not get what they wanted or the sale was not worth it, etc.... LOL

bon voyage

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, adametro said:

Is this something that happens often with certain promotions, that you aren’t able to carry the onboard credit forward when repricing? That is really unappealing for a “sale”…particularly when people are booking cruises out a year or longer. 

When I did a reprice as part of the 20% sale my OBC went down.  However I was happy because we got the discount.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

While I Am not sure if X will have any sales or not, IF they do, I can speculate with some specificity that there will be a number of posters posting how they could not get what they wanted or the sale was not worth it, etc.... LOL

bon voyage

There's always a smart aleck on every cruise.

Have a nice day.

🤣

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, zitsky said:

When I did a reprice as part of the 20% sale my OBC went down.  However I was happy because we got the discount.

Thanks, that does make sense if the overall price goes down. Rather have a lower price than OBC 👍🏼

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

There's always a smart aleck on every cruise.

Have a nice day.

🤣

LOL - were we on the same sailing, then there would be at least two (2) of us on that one...

bon voyage

• Haha 1

I have a 12 night NZ cruise booked for October with a non-refundable deposit. Booked a couple of weeks ago.

Is it worth getting my TA to see if they would add the OBC or is this a waste of his time? As this is only our 3rd Celebrity cruise I don't really understand how they work.

Just seen this:

This Black Friday offer is so good, you might want to book more than one sailing!

For a limited time, you’ll not only enjoy drinks, Wi-Fi, and tips* Always Included, savings of 50% off the second guest’s cruise fare* - but you’ll also receive up to $300 per stateroom to spend on board*.

Plus if you book online, you’ll earn double Captain’s Club points*.

Find out more here - https://*****/3oPz6wn

*T&Cs apply https://*****/2L0JRfa

No idea why stars replace BIT. LY

Tried editing, but it just goes back to stars, so I’ve put them in capitals, as lower case gets replaced.😱🙈🙈

Edited by upwarduk

25 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Just seen this:

This Black Friday offer is so good, you might want to book more than one sailing!

For a limited time, you’ll not only enjoy drinks, Wi-Fi, and tips* Always Included, savings of 50% off the second guest’s cruise fare* - but you’ll also receive up to $300 per stateroom to spend on board*.

Plus if you book online, you’ll earn double Captain’s Club points*.

Find out more here - https://*****/3oPz6wn

*T&Cs apply https://*****/2L0JRfa

No idea why stars replace BIT. LY

Tried editing, but it just goes back to stars, so I’ve put them in capitals, as lower case gets replaced.😱🙈🙈

Checked the one I'm following. They added $150 pp to the price(magically equates to $300/cabin). Seems like shady business practice to me?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Islandbuoy said:

Checked the one I'm following. They added $150 pp to the price(magically equates to $300/cabin). Seems like shady business practice to me?

I checked prices when they were advertising 20% off, it was over £1,000 more than we paid. 
Then on top of that, the 2nd passenger 50% off deal was more than £250 total.

Think it’s called creative accounting.😱

00DA47A4-CB1D-4834-A959-B8B307D72A59.thumb.jpeg.bff15797d79e8b9ed81cec7cc1b61ad7.jpeg

C09A59F1-02A6-485E-8731-3205205F15D6.thumb.jpeg.6f8aac38077e603628d80cfd76711c68.jpeg

• Haha 1

Some prices may have gone up, but not ours. Veranda on Oct 6 2022 Equinox cruise. We first booked on Oct 29 under the 20% off sale, and then got a reprice 3 days later under "2ndPax50%off" that resulted in a $190 savings.

Today I called to see if the BF sale worked for us, and the price was $150 lower, plus the X rep said (before I even asked) we now had the $200 OBC.

No cancel and rebooking necessary.

23 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

Some prices may have gone up, but not ours. Veranda on Oct 6 2022 Equinox cruise. We first booked on Oct 29 under the 20% off sale, and then got a reprice 3 days later under "2ndPax50%off" that resulted in a $190 savings.

Today I called to see if the BF sale worked for us, and the price was $150 lower, plus the X rep said (before I even asked) we now had the $200 OBC.

No cancel and rebooking necessary.

Good to hear...I have 3 cruises which I hope qualify....price is still the same as booked....waiting to hear back from CVP.  One was booked 2 days ago and no OBC offered, even though some posters rec'd  it when they booked last week.  Different strokes, etc......