What Are Teens Wearing in Haven Restaurant These Days?

CarolinaMamma

Yes, I have read the dress code, and No, this is not one of those, “what’s the minimum I can get away with?” type questions that spark so much conflict on CC. My 17-year old son will be ticked off if I make him wear trousers and a dress shirt when “everyone else” is wearing khaki shorts and a polo, so I’d just like to get an idea of current norms. My 15-year-old daughter will be sailing with us as well. 

Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CarolinaMamma said:

Yes, I have read the dress code, and No, this is not one of those, “what’s the minimum I can get away with?” type questions that spark so much conflict on CC. My 17-year old son will be ticked off if I make him wear trousers and a dress shirt when “everyone else” is wearing khaki shorts and a polo, so I’d just like to get an idea of current norms. My 15-year-old daughter will be sailing with us as well. 

Thanks in advance. 

shorts, shirts, and sneakers are perfectly acceptable for both your son as well as mom and dad. It is a casual, complimentary restaurant. The only restaurants that ask gents wear long pants (jeans/dockers) are Le Bistro and Ocean Blue. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CarolinaMamma said:

Thanks in advance. 

Shoot I am north of 50 and I wear khaki shorts and a polo to the Haven restaurant.  he will be fine.  

• Like 1

Thank you all. I’m glad I asked. I would have overdressed him, and that would have decreased his enjoyment of the vacation. In the past, we’ve eaten in specialty restaurants every night, and this will be our first time in the Haven, so it’s helpful to know what people actually wear. 

I AM insistent on no athletic wear in restaurants, though. My son lives in Adidas pants and would probably wear them the whole time if it were up to him. 

• Like 1

We didn't notice any dress code - basically dress how you would at any other semi-nice restaurant. Shorts, tees, sandals, etc. all were acceptable provided they were neat and not full of holes. My daughter was the only teen 90% of the time in the Haven last week on our cruise, but the older folks wore shorts, etc. without anyone looking out of place. 

On 12/7/2021 at 11:03 AM, CarolinaMamma said:

My 17-year old son will be ticked off if I make him wear trousers and a dress shirt when “everyone else” is wearing khaki shorts and a polo

On 12/7/2021 at 3:48 PM, CarolinaMamma said:

I would have overdressed him, and that would have decreased his enjoyment of the vacation.

On 12/7/2021 at 3:48 PM, CarolinaMamma said:

My son lives in Adidas pants and would probably wear them the whole time if it were up to him. 

This is disturbing.  You don't let your 17 year old wear what he wants?  You "dress" him?  It's not up to him if he want to wear Adidas pants?  I wore sweats half my last cruise.  Yikes!!!  Is that a typo and he's really 7?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/7/2021 at 2:48 PM, CarolinaMamma said:

Thank you all. I’m glad I asked. I would have overdressed him, and that would have decreased his enjoyment of the vacation. In the past, we’ve eaten in specialty restaurants every night, and this will be our first time in the Haven, so it’s helpful to know what people actually wear. 

I AM insistent on no athletic wear in restaurants, though. My son lives in Adidas pants and would probably wear them the whole time if it were up to him. 

What cruise will you be on? You are describing my son! 

On 12/7/2021 at 10:03 AM, CarolinaMamma said:

Thanks in advance. 

As a VIP in the Haven restaurant you can wear just about anything you want, within reason.  There really is no dress code for any meal.