Carnival Corp Shareholder OBC for Non 7 or 14 Day Cruises

SNJCruisers

I have a 12/13 day B2B booked for NZ/Oz.  How much should I be eligible for?  I am assuming 350.00, based on a combination of 14 & 7 being worth that totaling 21 days and our cruises total 25.  Am I wrong?

Edited by SNJCruisers

• SNJCruisers changed the title to Carnival Corp Shareholder OBC for Non 7 or 14 Day Cruises
2 hours ago, ChangeOrder said:

You will get $200 total. $100 for the first 12 day cruise, and $100 for the 13 day one. Assuming they are booked as two separate cruises. You would get $250 total if it was booked as one cruise. 50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

I'm getting 250 on a 7 day x 2 B2B on the Mardi Gras in February.  I better not only be getting 200 for  25 consecutive days when I'm getting 250 for 14 days.

The Shareholder OBC is based on the way you are booked. Each leg you book gets OBC based on the length of it. So booking a 12 day cruise gets $100 OBC and booking a 13 day cruise  also gets $100. If you had booked a 25 day cruise would have gotten you $250.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, paul929207 said:

The Shareholder OBC is based on the way you are booked. Each leg you book gets OBC based on the length of it. So booking a 12 day cruise gets $100 OBC and booking a 13 day cruise  also gets $100. If you had booked a 25 day cruise would have gotten you $250.

In other words, 2 booking numbers equal 2 OBCs (in this case for a total of $200), while one booking number in this case gets you the higher OBC figure of $250.

cruises 14 days or longer get 250,

Cruises 7 to 13 days get 100

So it will either be 2 awards of 100 = 200 (1 12, 1-13),  or one award of $250. (1 25)

Carnival might combine B2B, Have been on some Princess cruises where they have done that also.

But it still comes down to $250 max.

Edited by nocl
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I have a 12/13 day B2B booked for NZ/Oz.  How much should I be eligible for?  I am assuming 350.00, based on a combination of 14 & 7 being worth that totaling 21 days and our cruises total 25.  Am I wrong?

Unfortunately you are wrong. Here's what you'll be getting:

Screenshot_20211217-164112_MedallionClass.jpg

28 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I think you are mixing shareholder credit and future cruise deposits as SNJ Cruisers is asking about his shareholder benefit from owning Carnival corporation stock.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Your chart has nothing to do with the stockholders OBC.  On paper, it's 50 bucks up to 6 days, 100 for 7-13 and 250 for 14 day cruises.

I'm getting royally screwed over when a 13 day and a 12 day B2B only gets 200 bucks, while a 14 gets 250.  I realize that this of course is a first world problem, but it's very frustrating that 25 days on a B2B gets less than a 14 day cruise.  I should be eligible for 350, which is what a 7 and a 14 would get. I know that complaining will not change anything, but I'm 3 days short of 500 and I will more than likely only get 200.  I've taken a bath with the stock, the least I can do is hopefully get as much OBC as possible.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Your chart has nothing to do with the stockholders OBC.  On paper, it's 50 bucks up to 6 days, 100 for 7-13 and 250 for 14 day cruises.

I'm getting royally screwed over when a 13 day and a 12 day B2B only gets 200 bucks, while a 14 gets 250.  I realize that this of course is a first world problem, but it's very frustrating that 25 days on a B2B gets less than a 14 day cruise.  I should be eligible for 350, which is what a 7 and a 14 would get. I know that complaining will not change anything, but I'm 3 days short of 500 and I will more than likely only get 200.  I've taken a bath with the stock, the least I can do is hopefully get as much OBC as possible.

All you need to do is go book a 7 day and a 14 day somewhere and that is what you will get.

Unfortunately you booked a 12 day and a 13 day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjmalino said:

I think you are mixing shareholder credit and future cruise deposits as SNJ Cruisers is asking about his shareholder benefit from owning Carnival corporation stock.

Oops. My bad

5 hours ago, nocl said:

All you need to do is go book a 7 day and a 14 day somewhere and that is what you will get.

Unfortunately you booked a 12 day and a 13 day.

Have a 7 day B2B on the Discovery this April, getting 100 for each leg.  Have the same 7 day B2B on the Mardi Gras in February, getting 100 and 150, the 14 day equivalent.  Have a 14 day on the Majestic to Alaska in May of 2023, should get 250, too far out to submit.

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

Have a 7 day B2B on the Discovery this April, getting 100 for each leg.  Have the same 7 day B2B on the Mardi Gras in February, getting 100 and 150, the 14 day equivalent.  Have a 14 day on the Majestic to Alaska in May of 2023, should get 250, too far out to submit.

for anything booked as 14 day should get the 250.

On the Mardi Gras they should either be treating them as 1 14 day cruise and make the full 250 available at the start of the 14 days or 100 at the start of each leg.  I very much doubt that they will credit 100 at the start of the first 7 and then 150 at the start of the second.

As I said above I have seen Princess on some cruises also combine B2B and give the full credit at the start of the cruise, but I have also seen them as separate cruises and credit the amount of the first at the start of the first and credit the second  portion at the start of the second treating them as totally separate billing periods, with the on board spend bill having to be settled at the end of each segment.

1 hour ago, nocl said:

for anything booked as 14 day should get the 250.

On the Mardi Gras they should either be treating them as 1 14 day cruise and make the full 250 available at the start of the 14 days or 100 at the start of each leg.  I very much doubt that they will credit 100 at the start of the first 7 and then 150 at the start of the second.

As I said above I have seen Princess on some cruises also combine B2B and give the full credit at the start of the cruise, but I have also seen them as separate cruises and credit the amount of the first at the start of the first and credit the second  portion at the start of the second treating them as totally separate billing periods, with the on board spend bill having to be settled at the end of each segment.

Regarding the 100 on the first leg and 150 on the second leg on my B2B on the MG, that is what Carnivals customer service confirmed with me.

8 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I'm getting royally screwed over when a 13 day and a 12 day B2B only gets 200 bucks, while a 14 gets 250. 

No. If you booked this as two separate cruises all you are entitled to is $100 for each cruise.

If you want $250, then cancel the two cruises and rebook as a single cruise if that option is offered.

Of course booking this as a single cruise can have other OBC consequences. For example, if you used FCDs to book the cruises, two cruises in (for example) a balcony for the lengths you have booked would result in $100 OBC for each cruise, a total of $200. But booked as a single cruise, the OBC from an FCD would only be $150.

The overall result if you have stockholder OBC and FCD OBC:

a) as two bookings would have $200 stockholder OBC and $200 FCD OBC, a total of $400.

b) as a single booking would have $250 stockholder OBC and $150 FCD OBC, a total of $400.

What a surprise, same total OBC booked either way in this example.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nocl said:

If you are on a Princess B2B, no matter if booked as one or two cruises, the on board bill is carried over to the second segment as long as Princess is aware you are doing a B2B. When I am on a B2B, I always stop by the Purser's desk to make sure they have the two segments linked in their system.

10 hours ago, caribill said:

No. If you booked this as two separate cruises all you are entitled to is $100 for each cruise.

If you want $250, then cancel the two cruises and rebook as a single cruise if that option is offered.

Of course booking this as a single cruise can have other OBC consequences. For example, if you used FCDs to book the cruises, two cruises in (for example) a balcony for the lengths you have booked would result in $100 OBC for each cruise, a total of $200. But booked as a single cruise, the OBC from an FCD would only be $150.

a) as two bookings would have $200 stockholder OBC and $200 FCD OBC, a total of $400.

b) as a single booking would have $250 stockholder OBC and $150 FCD OBC, a total of $400.

10 hours ago, caribill said:

If you are on a Princess B2B, no matter if booked as one or two cruises, the on board bill is carried over to the second segment as long as Princess is aware you are doing a B2B. When I am on a B2B, I always stop by the Purser's desk to make sure they have the two segments linked in their system.

Usually yes.  Did a cruise on the Emerald a couple of years back where they did not.  Had the same thing happen on the Caribbean Princess in South America on another occasion.

So not an absolute certainty.

45 minutes ago, nocl said:

Usually yes.  Did a cruise on the Emerald a couple of years back where they did not.  Had the same thing happen on the Caribbean Princess in South America on another occasion.

So not an absolute certainty.

That is why I stop by the Purser's desk to confirm they will be carrying the account over to the next segment. When it is carried over, any unused non-refundable OBC is also carried over.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, caribill said:

No FCC or FCD involved at all.  Just frustrated that my 25 days on board will only result in 200 bucks since my 12 and 13 day bookings get the same 100 as a 7 day. There wasn't a 25 day option.

21 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

No FCC or FCD involved at all.  Just frustrated that my 25 days on board will only result in 200 bucks since my 12 and 13 day bookings get the same 100 as a 7 day. There wasn't a 25 day option.

We have a 7+7+11 for the same 25-night duration as you have been writing about.  We are getting $300 and I am happy that CCL offers this benefit and we can take advantage of it.  Never occurred to me that I deserve more by artificially juggling the days. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

We have a 7+7+11 for the same 25-night duration as you have been writing about.  We are getting $300 and I am happy that CCL offers this benefit and we can take advantage of it.  Never occurred to me that I deserve more by artificially juggling the days. 

I was hoping for 350, will be stuck with 200, but at least you're getting 300 for your 25 days on board.