B2B Cruise - Do You Repeat Evening Outfits

kikitaz

Ladies, we will be doing our first B2B cruise on Celebrity Edge in January.  Do you repeat outfits the second week?  I'm a dress gal, so maybe I need to throw in a pair of black pants and a few shirts to mix it up!  Thanks for your input on this very important subject! 

Heck, I repeat outfits on a 1-week cruise 😜   Most that I've heard will pack for just 1 week and re-use the second week.

I'm trying to set up a 1 week wardrobe for a month-long land trip, with maybe 1 possible time to use a washer.  Things I can wash in my sink and line dry at night are paramount.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Yes, I repeat outfits on the second cruise.  Dresses and such never seem to get dirty or too wrinkled.  Along with my dresses, I almost always pack a couple of pairs of dressy pants, and several mix and match tops.  

I find packing for longer cruises no more daunting than a weekender would be. For either one, I still need all the basics like travel documents, glasses, alternate shoes, hairbrush and makeup, warm plus cool things, etc. etc., so a few extra outfits is pretty easy.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, kikitaz said:

Slidergirl you are a better woman than me!  I cannot figure the packing thing out no matter how short a trip I am on!  If I may ask, where are you going for a month? Always looking for a new adventure.

It's a franco-italia mishmash.  1 week canal barging in Provence + 4 extra days to drive around.   Then 2 weeks somewhere in Italy, with having to be in Lajatico on the 28th of July.  Then back to France and Paris for some time.  

• Like 1

another outfit repeater here... last cruise I was a big fan of racerback/tank style dresses...  I could wear them casual during day with athletic shoes for walking in port, & at night with jewelry & nicer sandals...   this was a warm weather cruise so easy peasy packing.

for our last b2b I took the same dresses for night time...  (this was Alaska in very late Sept/first week October). it was cold, but same dresses worked at night 🙂

• Like 4

Yes, I do wear my slacks multiple times.  I change my tops but the bottoms?  I have multiple pair of slacks I always bring and will change them out.  If someone thinks I am wearing the same pair? First, I probably am, and 2nd, I don't care.......LOL🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Count me in the "I will wear again" camp. Especially as Lois says, for the pieces that don't get noticed such as black pants or a skirt. However, I'm notorious for spilling food/wine on self while dining, so I sometimes bring an extra top of some sort in case my plans go awry.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I bring yoga pants of various colors (they don't wrinkle 😄 ) maybe 6, then enough tops to mix and match for the entirety, whether 2 wks or 1 month.  I "might" bring a dress for formal nights if in the mood but usually goes unworn.  As a previous poster said, no one knows if that's the same pair of black pants and who cares anyway lol! Ships tend to be chilly which is why I opt for pants personally....a dressy top with bling can easily replace a dress almost anywhere...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I just did a b2b2b and though I brought 2 dresses I only loved 1 on, so wore that twice on the last cruise. My next cruise in June I will bring the one I loved and 2 different colour wraps, then pants and tops for the rest of the time. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I often repeat portions outfits if they are clean.  But I will rarely wear the EXACT same outfit on a second leg. So maybe a simple dress worn twice but with different accessories: belt, scarf, jewelry.  Or maybe a black skirt with different tops or blouses.

Part of the fun of packing for travel for me,  or actually in daily life LOL,  is creating specific outfits to wear so I don't WANT to repeat 🙂

I would not personally wear something "distinctive" twice on the same holiday.

tmee

• Like 2

I will wear the same dress 2 or 3 times on a cruise with different jewelry, wraps, scarves. Here's the funny thing though - I brought so many scarves on my last cruise that they took up a lot of room, as much room as taking two or three additional dresses! LOL.

Need to rethink for my next cruise, whenever that will be. Hopefully sometime this year, or 2023 at the latest. 

I also have two dresses that are reversible which I love!! Why don't they make more reversible PRETTY dresses? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No looks repeated for me.  I do repeat the black bottoms...usually 3 different styles, and the tanks and camis...also black.  I've collected quite a few lightweight, wrinkle-free, colorful pieces over the years.  Also, earrings to go with the tops.  All these things take up very little space.  I also wear the same shoes with ALL these outfits.  Call me crazy...we all have our own style.

Joanie

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, sssteele said:

No looks repeated for me.  I do repeat the black bottoms...usually 3 different styles, and the tanks and camis...also black.  I've collected quite a few lightweight, wrinkle-free, colorful pieces over the years.  Also, earrings to go with the tops.  All these things take up very little space.  I also wear the same shoes with ALL these outfits.  Call me crazy...we all have our own style.

Joanie

Hi Joanie,🙂 nothing crazy about wearing the same shoes with all your outfits. I usually wear a black ballet flat or a low wedge sandal with my evening attire. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with slidergirl.   We have been going on 9+ day cruises since 2017.  I pack 3 dresses, a pair of black capris, and 2-3 dressy tops, repeat each dress, and then alternate with capris and a Dif top. It just my husband and I, he doesn't care if I wear the same thing 2X, and I pack less, and we can fit all our clothes in the teeny tiny closet.

• Like 3

I am practicing lite packing this trip so you will see me wearing the same outfit multiple time during 40 days of travel.  I am carrying only one small suitcase and one carryon.   Laundry is my friend.  I am a fan of scarves

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 5

I will be heading for Europe in July, starting in Greece and ending in Barcelona with a 7 day cruise in the 21 days we will be there.  I'm packing in a carry on like I do normally.  I have a black travel dress, a reversible skirt, light jacket/cardigan, JJill capris, a sundress from Amazon, shorts, bathing suit with sarong and a combination of tanks and tees along with a pair of jeans from Target.  (if you haven't looked at Target lately, the Ava and Viv line is fantastic!)  Jewelry and this very cool scarf that can be a cape will be going dress things up.  Much of what I have I can hand wash a sink.  My only issue is I have a tendency to get stuff on me even when I'm careful.  The neatest thing is I have issues with shoes and which ones to pack.  I bought these  https://trysolelyjane.com/and will have several selections with me along with my walking shoes and Birkenstocks.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 11:43 AM, islandgirlejfan said:

I will be heading for Europe in July, starting in Greece and ending in Barcelona with a 7 day cruise in the 21 days we will be there.  I'm packing in a carry on like I do normally.  I have a black travel dress, a reversible skirt, light jacket/cardigan, JJill capris, a sundress from Amazon, shorts, bathing suit with sarong and a combination of tanks and tees along with a pair of jeans from Target.  (if you haven't looked at Target lately, the Ava and Viv line is fantastic!)  Jewelry and this very cool scarf that can be a cape will be going dress things up.  Much of what I have I can hand wash a sink.  My only issue is I have a tendency to get stuff on me even when I'm careful.  The neatest thing is I have issues with shoes and which ones to pack.  I bought these  https://trysolelyjane.com/and will have several selections with me along with my walking shoes and Birkenstocks.  

I would be interested in finding out how the shoes you linked work out.   If they are comfortable and look cute in person 😊 I think those would be great to have as options for casual shoes!

tmee

1 hour ago, tmee said:

I would be interested in finding out how the shoes you linked work out.   If they are comfortable and look cute in person 😊 I think those would be great to have as options for casual shoes!

tmee

I have been wearing them to work and they are fine.  I bought a number of toppers and have been making of use of them.  My own tastes have me wearing the slide ons and two of the more casual sandals, but we've had Covid, so the more jazzy toppers haven't really been anywhere.  I think my only regret is that they are synthetic in nature and I tend to buy leather, but that probably is a stability thing with the shoe.  I just know they work and they are a great option to take a few pairs of shoes with you.  When I bought these, I totally intended them for travel.  A few more options and no real weight to the topper.

• Like 1