If you cancel ...

finny2

Just now, David10225 said:

If you are very close to your cruise one month...after final payment..do you contact travel agent or Celebrity if you decide to cancel?

If you booked using a travel agent, you should always go through your agent. 

21 minutes ago, David10225 said:

If you are very close to your cruise one month...after final payment..do you contact travel agent or Celebrity if you decide to cancel?

If you booked through travel agent, Celebrity cannot cancel your booking, only the travel agency can cancel.  

We use big box warehouse TA (rhymes with Bosco). Lately, the wait on phone hold is 1-2 hours. With today's Cbe DC announcement, I expect that wait on hold could be 4 hours or longer.

Edited by kidz_rn

36 minutes ago, kidz_rn said:

We use big box warehouse TA (rhymes with Bosco). Lately, the wait on phone hold is 1-2 hours. With today's Cbe DC announcement, I expect that wait on hold could be 4 hours or longer.

Curious how this goes! We're booked through them for Jan 21, 2022 but can't get a refund unless we actually get sick. Haven't tried calling them though.

Edited by Veinless

2 hours ago, Veinless said:

Curious how this goes! We're booked through them for Jan 21, 2022 but can't get a refund unless we actually get sick. Haven't tried calling them though.

They have become the ugly stepchild for some, unless you have a great number and excellent contact!

2 hours ago, kidz_rn said:

Full FCC is available thru Celeb up to 48 hrs pre-sailaway. No excuse needed.

Of course, this is a credit, not a refund.

We cancelled our December 9th cruise on December 3rd through our TA (big box warehouse club). We were agreeable, at the time, to a FCC as we booked under cruise with confidence. At this point all we have is the cancellation but nothing about a FCC. Can not get through on the phone - two hour wait times. Email was sent but it bounced back after a day b/c the mail box was full. Will try again next week...

Have an Edge sailing at the end of this month. It is a Lift & Switch from a January 2021 sailing. At this point, even with the latest CDC announcement, we will most likely go unless it is cancelled.  UGH!

We have been on two cruises since September. Frankly, as a Floridian, I felt safer on the cruise ship than walking into the local grocery stores! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RocCruisers said:

Relative is cancelling Sunday's Edge.  Is lift and shift still available?  Does OBC follow as well?  

Lift and shift is gone.  If through a TA, you likely can move OBCR $$ if you make an immediatenew booking.  If booked through Celebrity simply put ask..  You never know.

The policy for Celebrity is you get a FCC for the cruise cost and taxes, port fees and any add on refunded.  

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, kidz_rn said:

Full FCC is available thru Celeb up to 48 hrs pre-sailaway. No excuse needed.

Of course, this is a credit, not a refund.

I find the credit too restrictive. I do not have much availability to use it in 2022, and 2023 is already booked. The short expiry on the credit is very disappointing. Might need to catch COVID in order to get a refund. 

It’s a crap policy and makes me quite disappointed with Celebrity. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Lift and shift is gone.  If through a TA, you likely can move OBCR $$ if you make an immediatenew booking.  If booked through Celebrity simply put ask..  You never know.

The policy for Celebrity is you get a FCC for the cruise cost and taxes, port fees and any add on refunded.  

Just to clarify, FCC is for cruise cost. Taxes, port fees, and add-on are refunded.

FCC can be used to pay on currently booked cruises. It doesn't have to be used for a new booking. I believe under CWC your TA is correct. I have printed the page  from the X CWC policy which says full refund if booked thru' Celebrity Air.

2 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

What about airfare booked through Celebrity?  My TA says airfare is completely refundable upto 48 hours.  Has anyone seen refund on airfare?

My understanding is Air is fully refundable prior to final payment but after final payment it depends on if you booked a fully refundable air fare.    After final I believe you pay $200 pp for cancellation.

Below describes what happens under different circumstqanaces. 

image.thumb.png.fb2e8e4494859c9426a0ce289a4921e7.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Veinless said:

I find the credit too restrictive. I do not have much availability to use it in 2022, and 2023 is already booked. The short expiry on the credit is very disappointing. Might need to catch COVID in order to get a refund. 

Really?  Just might be the most generous policy in the cruise industry and most other businesses.

Just be glad that you are not booked on Oceania.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Veinless said:

I find it restrictive too, especially during a pandemic.  Cruise fares cost a lot more than an airline ticket. 

Some people plan with friends and family over a year ahead for a certain week off, not to mention all the other life changing events going on.( Marriage, Births, deaths, sickness, jobs...) that effect everyone in different ways. We need more time to schedule a cruise into our 2022!  

Maybe with the new CDC recommendations Celebrity might have to start giving refunds or being more generous???  One can only hope!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Veinless said:

Just read a post on the RCI board where someone on an upcoming Princess cruise would like to cancel their cruise but if they do Princess keeps 100% of the fare. No FCC. I haven’t looked this up to verify but if that’s the case then Celebrity is being very generous. 

28 minutes ago, palos said:

I find it restrictive too, especially during a pandemic.  Cruise fares cost a lot more than an airline ticket. 

Some people plan with friends and family over a year ahead for a certain week off, not to mention all the other life changing events going on.( Marriage, Births, deaths, sickness, jobs...) that effect everyone in different ways. We need more time to schedule a cruise into our 2022!  

Maybe with the new CDC recommendations Celebrity might have to start giving refunds or being more generous???  One can only hope!

Sometimes the airfare costs more than the cruise, for example first class air and inside cabin for one week 😉

I'm not sure how to tell what kind of airfare you have booked without a call and being on hold??