In quarantine on Equinox. Ask me anything. I’m bored.

Parkerson

4 minutes ago, Parkerson said:

I will certainly be looking into possible compensation. 

Question for the knowledgeable………

should I wait and contact Celebrity Customer Service after the cruise, or try to discuss that with someone on this ship?

Any other suggestions?

From Celebrity's website:

• Pro-rated cruise fare refund for anyone who has their cruise cut short due to testing positive for COVID-19 or being suspected of having COVID-19 during the cruise.

I think you should ask Guest Services about this before you leave the ship.  Document what they tell you and be sure you they provide you with info on what to do once you leave the ship.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

And, of course, to add to what I wrote, if a guest who tests positive is not moved out of his/her stateroom, what about a spouse or other traveling companion who tests negative (as in the OP’s case)? 

Sure. In my case there was no option for me to stay in our original stateroom with my negative tested wife. I was told that I HAD to go to quarantine. 

Now there was the option of her joining me in quarantine, but for several reasons we didn’t feel that was prudent (and medical advised against it).  My neighbors did do exactly that though…..one is positive and one is negative. 

6 hours ago, RollWave said:

Thank you for sharing your experience. This is certainly a memorable way to ring in the new year.

Hope...

-you feel better soon

-your wife remains negative

-your car ride home is uneventful

You mention that they are bringing room service, drinks, and your luggage etc. Are they medically checking in with you and the others around you on a regular basis? I am wondering what type of medical data they are collecting and reporting.

I am in isolation as well (6299) and I have heard nothing since they left me here at 11:45 pm on 12/30.  I called about luggage tags today (1/2) and was told someone would be contacting me.

57 minutes ago, Parkerson said:

Good morning, all!  

I was woken up with a phone call at 7:30a saying that my breakfast is at my door. I did not pre-order anything for breakfast, so they did this on their own. 

I was planning on ordering eggs Benedict and fruit, but this will do. 

368D83D6-F7D7-41D3-9F2B-90E740362A8E.jpeg

Perhaps your wife arranged it.  I have gotten nothing even close to this.  I was give no information about what was available to order except to say, see the menu on the TV.

Just now, MISTER 67 said:

My question is if everyone is vaccinated and had tests why are we seeing breakouts on ships? Is it because of stops at the ports or are people being infected between the tests and boarding and picking up the virus at crowded airports. 

Or some folks could have been infected before their rapid antigen test, which may not immediately give a positive result. Also, Celebrity doesn’t require that guests be boostered, which means they may have very weakened immunity at this point.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Barb1403 said:

I am in isolation as well (6299) and I have heard nothing since they left me here at 11:45 pm on 12/30.  I called about luggage tags today (1/2) and was told someone would be contacting me.

I’ve found that the first line of guest relations can’t help with anything above the most simple requests. Ask for a supervisor….they usually can assist. 

They have reviewed disembarkation steps with my wife twice (not quarantined) and not once with me. I was waiting for today to settle before diving into issues 

I’ll call about tags and see what they say. 

11 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Or some folks could have been infected before their rapid antigen test, which may not immediately give a positive result. Also, Celebrity doesn’t require that guests be boostered, which means they may have very weakened immunity at this point.

I may be wrong but I don't think any of the lines are incuding boosters in the protocols.

10 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

My question is if everyone is vaccinated and had tests why are we seeing breakouts on ships? Is it because of stops at the ports or are people being infected between the tests and boarding and picking up the virus at crowded airports. 

Omicron is highly infectious even to fully vaccinated people.  The pre-cruise antigen tests are in some cases not picking up the virus yet.  Even if you are fully vaccinated (and even boosted) you might get infected.  You will likely get mild symptoms or no symptoms.  On the ship those reporting cold-like symptoms get tested and some are positive.  Others are then identified through contact tracing and tested.  Some of these folks are positive.   That is what is being reported.  Is this really an outbreak on the ship?  Semantics.  The cases on the ship are within the general population norm at this point.  

• Like 25

19 minutes ago, Barb1403 said:

Perhaps your wife arranged it.  I have gotten nothing even close to this.  I was give no information about what was available to order except to say, see the menu on the TV.

She didn’t order for me. Not sure how they picked a pretty good meal out. Although it was pretty much what we ordered from room service on our 1st morning at the start. Maybe they used that order as history?  

I also called them and had a fruit plate and a double cappuccino delivered.

You can order anything from any menu you’d like. We learned that early in the cruise…….not just for quarantine. I ordered main dining food last night off the menu in the app.

Get you some good food! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Appreciate your postings and updates; certainly helpful for us with upcoming (50 days) cruises to make decision to cancel or not. 

Sorry to chuckle at your experience...but the "ghostbuster" line was funny!  

I hope you feel better soon and can drive home safely.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Omicron is highly infectious even to fully vaccinated people.  The pre-cruise antigen tests are in some cases not picking up the virus yet.  Even if you are fully vaccinated (and even boosted) you might get infected.  You will likely get mild symptoms or no symptoms.  On the ship those reporting cold-like symptoms get tested and some are positive.  Others are then identified through contact tracing and tested.  Some of these folks are positive.   That is what is being reported.  Is this really an outbreak on the ship?  Semantics.  The cases on the ship are within the general population norm at this point.  

Yes There are a lot of Positive without them knowing until they got test.

• Like 1

@Parkerson  Thank you SO much for posting and sharing.  Certainly everyone is wishing you a safe recovery.  We are booked on the Equinox Jan. 9th sailing, so we have the luxury of seeing how the Jan. 3rd sailing goes.  My question, which will probably have a now and later answer(s), is what advice would you give anyone with upcoming travel do to prepare for their sailing?  Or cancel, too.  Thank you!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

Glad you are doing better.  Question.  Are the crew delivering your food wearing special PPE or just masks?  Do they clean and service your room daily? 

Usually full PPE, but I’ve caught a glimpse of 1 or 2 with only N95 masks. Those are the ones that usually knock and run. I ordered a nightcap last night and the person was dressed like any other bartender but wearing a mask.  I’m not suggesting he is a bartender and returned to normal pop after delivering, just saying he wasn’t geared-up. 

No cleaning or servicing, but I’ve only been here since yesterday. I don’t expect, or need, any of that before tomorrows return to port. 

They’ve not denied me anything so far. My nightcap was a double Monkey Shoulder, neat.  Room service didn’t know what that was, so I told her to tell Lito or Hero in the Craft Bar that it was for me and they’d know. 15 mins later it arrived. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for sharing your experiences and I sure hope your symptoms stay mild and dissipate soon!  I apologize if I missed it but what vaccine and booster did you get?  And how long ago were you boosted?

I'm wondering if they delivered someone else's Room Service order to you.  It's good that you are able to order what you want and have it delivered in a relatively quick manner.  Best wishes to you and your wife too!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bnurick said:

@Parkerson  Thank you SO much for posting and sharing.  Certainly everyone is wishing you a safe recovery.  We are booked on the Equinox Jan. 9th sailing, so we have the luxury of seeing how the Jan. 3rd sailing goes.  My question, which will probably have a now and later answer(s), is what advice would you give anyone with upcoming travel do to prepare for their sailing?  Or cancel, too.  Thank you!

Everyone has different risk/rewards and will need to decide which is more important. 

I had made a statement to my wife before the cruise (unrelated to cruising) and said that I’m not as worried about getting Covid as I am the ramifications of getting Covid.  After this, I will not go on a long cruise until Covid is “over” because of the possibility of being quarantined. 

I feel blessed that I’m only missing 3 days when there are some who have missed most of the cruise. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Host Anne said:

From Celebrity's website:

• Pro-rated cruise fare refund for anyone who has their cruise cut short due to testing positive for COVID-19 or being suspected of having COVID-19 during the cruise.

I think you should ask Guest Services about this before you leave the ship.  Document what they tell you and be sure you they provide you with info on what to do once you leave the ship.

I was contact traced and quarantined back in September on Equinox.  Guest Relations supervisor called me, told me the prorated $/day I would receive (2 days), and did I want it refunded to my credit card in 30 days or as an FCC which would be delivered to my cabin that day.  The daily figure was somewhat higher than I thought it would be. 

• Thanks 6

We're about to embark on Reflection - thanks for all the info. It's very helpful to know the answers to "what if." Your sense of humor appears intact - that probably helps a great deal! 

I hope you feel better soon, and that your wife stays healthy. Safe travels home.

Kirsten

1 hour ago, Parkerson said:

Thank you. 

No one from medical has checked on my since I was evaluated yesterday. I’d like to think they’ll follow-up today, but we’ll see. I highly doubt they will pay me a visit. The most I’d expect is a phone call. 

Perhaps it is assumed that the "sign of life" you give every time the food tray disappears from the hall outside your door is an adequate check 😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

Thank you for sharing your experiences and I sure hope your symptoms stay mild and dissipate soon!  I apologize if I missed it but what vaccine and booster did you get?  And how long ago were you boosted?

I'm wondering if they delivered someone else's Room Service order to you.  It's good that you are able to order what you want and have it delivered in a relatively quick manner.  Best wishes to you and your wife too!

You’re actually the first to ask, congrats! 

We have both had two doses of Moderna in March and April. I got a Moderna booster in early November and my wife had a Pfizer booster. 

Maybe the Pfizer booster with Moderna is the magic mix??

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have been on the ship every month since early Oct. last year.

At the beginning everyone had mask on until the last cruise only 5 % had that on.

People will give me a funny face when they saw me in the elevator with the mask on.

I would said vigilant and social distancing did help and of cause with the mask on.

I will practice the same on my January 8th cruise.

Edited by verizon
  • Like 9

Parkerson, Adding my thanks and well wishes. I marvel at your positive attitude and sense of humor under the circumstances. We are scheduled to headed out on Edge Sunday and so far are committed to going but staying flexible. (Ive been riding the fence so long my butt hurts!). Again, best wishes to you and your wife.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2