Nov 5 Allure cruise cancelled; limited options

DandDM

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Sounds like they may want to do some things earlier in Galveston and can't be bothered with a revenue repo (typically low revenue anyway).

Confirmed - they are sailing passenger-free. Maybe they are doing some updates that didn't get finished in the shortened dry dock. Oh Well, I reckon we will have to catch the Galveston to Europe Repo next year.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

It would be interesting to know what normally happens if you have a suite booked and your cruise is canceled and none of the price-protected options have suites available. 

It is too soon to know what will happen for the OP, but in general what normally happens?

Are you just out of luck, here's your deposit back?

I'll report back; been on hold all morning and haven't talked to anyone yet...

Cheers,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That was some of the mildest comments on CC and you know that.

Biker, who assumes that a great number of comments on CC are "conjecture" and has no idea how a comment being called that can be seen as "attacking".

You want to go with that thought process, go ahead and run with it. Your opinion I guess. That's fine.

1 hour ago, SG65CB said:

It would be interesting to know what normally happens if you have a suite booked and your cruise is canceled and none of the price-protected options have suites available. 

It is too soon to know what will happen for the OP, but in general what normally happens?

SOL as far as getting that cabin price protected on another sailing other then the ones they listed.

Will just get deposit back, refundable and non refundable.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jed3279 said:

I'm curious why there isn't a new repositioning cruise for the ship from FLL to Galveston? The last cruise in FLL is a 6nt ending 10/29 and the first cruise out of Galveston is on 11/13, seems like a 14nt cruise is happening, but hard to think someone would swoop in this late and book a 14nt charter.
We REALLY wanted to do this repositioning cruise, and don't really care what the date is.

There is an October 29th sailing that is a seven-night cruise that ends November 5th, the day this canceled cruise was supposed to leave for Galveston. 

1 hour ago, SG65CB said:

From first hand experience, we had a Star Class suite booked and our sailing became chartered. We were only offered 2 alternatives and only one had a Star Class suite available.  

We took the cash on the non refundable deposit. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jed3279 said:

I'm curious why there isn't a new repositioning cruise for the ship from FLL to Galveston? The last cruise in FLL is a 6nt ending 10/29 and the first cruise out of Galveston is on 11/13, seems like a 14nt cruise is happening, but hard to think someone would swoop in this late and book a 14nt charter.
We REALLY wanted to do this repositioning cruise, and don't really care what the date is.

I’m seeing a 7 night Eastern, Oct 29 - Nov 5 as the final cruise roundtrip FLL available on Royal’s website, 

Edited by BSocial

8 minutes ago, Monk86 said:

Why have they cancelled a cruise so far out?

The question of the day lol. Why. They said the ship will wind up in Galveston a few days early is all we know. I thought the ship might be late so didnt book November allure, been burned already.

Update from OP.  One hour 59 minutes on the phone...much better than feared!  But result not great, but acceptable.

Confirmed that no suites available and was unable to negotiate a price protected transfer to another sailing.  Also asked if they could preserve suite benefits if we down grade cabin types (saw someone on the boards get that offer, but under another circumstance) and was politely laughed at.  

Ended up moving to a Junior suite on Oct 29 sailing.  Preserved double points and our on-board booking bonus.  Also got the additional OBC offered to move to the selected cruises (for some reason it was $250 instead of the stated $200).  And the TA also gave us some OBC..don't know why and didn't ask - we ended up with over $700 OBC total.

In calmer times, might have make multiple phone calls and tried to get a better resolution, but worried that the remaining Jr Suites will book quickly, so decided to pull the trigger.

Did not ask about why the cancellation happened, hopefully some of the CC sleuths can figure that out!  Also not buying into the conspiracy theory that Royal intentionally blocked these suites, I know our old sailing has been sold out in the suite category for months so not surprised that the other dates were sold out.

cheers,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, DandDM said:

Update from OP.  One hour 59 minutes on the phone...much better than feared!  But result not great, but acceptable.

Confirmed that no suites available and was unable to negotiate a price protected transfer to another sailing.  Also asked if they could preserve suite benefits if we down grade cabin types (saw someone on the boards get that offer, but under another circumstance) and was politely laughed at.  

Ended up moving to a Junior suite on Oct 29 sailing.  Preserved double points and our on-board booking bonus.  Also got the additional OBC offered to move to the selected cruises (for some reason it was $250 instead of the stated $200).  And the TA also gave us some OBC..don't know why and didn't ask - we ended up with over $700 OBC total.

In calmer times, might have make multiple phone calls and tried to get a better resolution, but worried that the remaining Jr Suites will book quickly, so decided to pull the trigger.

Did not ask about why the cancellation happened, hopefully some of the CC sleuths can figure that out!  Also not buying into the conspiracy theory that Royal intentionally blocked these suites, I know our old sailing has been sold out in the suite category for months so not surprised that the other dates were sold out.

cheers,

I assume you paid the going rate of a JS in your new booking, if you really wanted the  Crown Loft Suite, why didn't you just change your booking to a September sailing where there are Crown Lofts available?

18 hours ago, Coralc said:

We just gave up the double points, took refunds and we are having the kitchen remodeled. Money in hand and all that. :classic_biggrin:

Seems like a good trade to me..........................................😘

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2022 at 3:09 PM, Jimbo said:

I assume you paid the going rate of a JS in your new booking, if you really wanted the  Crown Loft Suite, why didn't you just change your booking to a September sailing where there are Crown Lofts available?

The prices ARE great for September, but that whole hurricane season thing......

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KelJ said:

The prices ARE great for September, but that whole hurricane season thing......

I have sailed in September many times , and have one booked for this year in September . I did take advantage of some very low pricing a few months ago and booked a crown loft.( got the extra points too for booking prior to October )

I can honestly say i have never experienced any bad weather ... yet . 

I was chatting with some Carnival cruisers once and they told me their cruise was going to eastern rather than western because of the weather , so a ship has options .

22 hours ago, loman said:

I have sailed in September many times , and have one booked for this year in September . I did take advantage of some very low pricing a few months ago and booked a crown loft.( got the extra points too for booking prior to October )

I can honestly say i have never experienced any bad weather ... yet . 

I was chatting with some Carnival cruisers once and they told me their cruise was going to eastern rather than western because of the weather , so a ship has options .

Last night we went ahead and booked a crown loft on the September 3rd Allure. It’s basically the same itinerary as the canceled November 5th Allure, same cabin type, about $600 cheaper plus another $50 OBC on top of our Next Cruise OBC. 

There were no suites on the similar-itinerary 8-night price-protected cruises in October, nor on the eight-night similar-itinerary cruises in November and December on Allure and Harmony. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KelJ said:

Last night we went ahead and booked a crown loft on the September 3rd Allure. It’s basically the same itinerary as the canceled November 5th Allure, same cabin type, about $600 cheaper plus another $50 OBC on top of our Next Cruise OBC. 

There were no suites on the similar-itinerary 8-night price-protected cruises in October, nor on the eight-night similar-itinerary cruises in November and December on Allure and Harmony. 

Glad you found something to your liking. 

Enjoy your cruise.🙂

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 6:51 PM, Biker19 said:

To give folks on that sailing time to seek alternatives? Should have they cancelled inside of a week to go like last week?

I didnt come on here looking for an attitude. Unless you have an actual constructive answer, keep your internet fighting to one of your other forums. Thanks

Same boat.  We WERE in a JS.  Called to plead my case and ask for any 'reserved rooms that they held back.  He assured me after a 20 minute hold that nothing was held back.  YMMV.

Ended up (For now) downgrading to an OV Balcony.  Will loose the QUAD points but will still get double points.  OBC goes down to the OVB rate as well ($100).  

The rep DID say that I could try calling back "later" (like maybe after January 25th!...) and IF a JS becomes available, I get bumped back up to that room category for the same (Protected) rate...AND be back on for QUAD points.  

Either way - a week cruising is better than a kick in the butt!