Update on Insignia Post Hawaii?

mrlevin

9 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

The ATW (and segments) thread is very active. Please don’t try to start another one.

I assume you are talking about the Roll Call thread which also does not have any updated information.  I thought ship movements were discussed in regular boards for those of us not on the roll call.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

I assume you are talking about the Roll Call thread which also does not have any updated information.  I thought ship movements were discussed in regular boards for those of us not on the roll call.

It took me a while to realize that the cruise critic roll calls are not "locked" - I think anyone with a cc login can read any roll call. If I'm not on the cruise I try not to comment. Was very useful to me in fall 2021 to follow the various Marina roll calls before we boarded in Nov. I admit to following the world cruise roll calls each year - I can dream :)

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

The ATW roll call is the right place. If you are on one of the segments, you can post questions about sea conditions et al. If you are not on the ATW or any of its segments, you cannot post (only read) per CC rules. Sometimes, someone onboard will start an “Onboard (ship name, cruise dates)” thread where it appears that all others may post. No one has done that so far on the ATW.

FWIW: There are 2-3 blog posters on the ATW and you can click their links for added reporting. One lady has recently posted about sea conditions. But, you have to maneuver through the details of her sea sickness and selective bashing (so far, it’s been “polluted” Los Angeles and “pretentious” segment cruisers).

BTW: They are crossing the Pacific. Having done this more than a few times, I can assure you that it’s smooth as silk unless it’s not.😉

3 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

So, since I cannot post on Roll Calls that confirms that here is the right place for me to ask about changes in ship movements.

You certainly can do whatever you want. But it’s a good bet that this response may be the last your (this) thread receives regarding the current ATW or its segments. 

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

There are a few people posting links to their blogs on the roll call; those posts will have any updates that are provided to the pax who are currently on the ship.  If you follow the roll call you can also post your question there and someone will likely respond.

57 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

So, since I cannot post on Roll Calls that confirms that here is the right place for me to ask about changes in ship movements.

The roll call is not locked.  Anyone who has a CC login can post on any roll call to ask questions.

Edited by 2552phxcrzr
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, 2552phxcrzr said:

There are a few people posting links to their blogs on the roll call; those posts will have any updates that are provided to the pax who are currently on the ship.  If you follow the roll call you can also post your question there and someone will likely respond.

Please read the CC rules. Roll Calls for specific cruises are only for folks on that cruise. 
Alternatively, someone may start an “Onboard (ship and cruise dates)” thread which is open to questions/posts by all.

18 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Doesn't seem to be any current thread on Insignia; does anyone know of updated plans post Hawaii?

thanks,

Marc

I have attached the three blogs for the current ATW.  I also read the yearly ATW cruise as an ATW is in our future cruise plans.  Through the years, I've  found a wealth of information in the RC's which have been so helpful in future planning, 

Hope you are successful in finding the information you want.

https://boards.fool.com/true-confessions-a-cruise-to-nowhere-35021536.aspx?sort=whole#35023234

https://rodmerrytravels.wordpress.com/

https://ipp30.blogspot.com/2022/01/warning-three-paragraphs-of-negativity.html

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 2552phxcrzr said:

The roll call is not locked.  Anyone who has a CC login can post on any roll call to ask questions.

That is not correct.  CC guidelines say that anyone signed into CC may read but only people currently booked on a cruise may post on its roll call.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

That is not correct.  CC guidelines say that anyone signed into CC may read but only people currently booked on a cruise may post on its roll call.

how many do not follow the guideline & actually post a question on maybe the same ports  that are on another sailing 🤔

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

how many do not follow the guideline & actually post a question on maybe the same ports  that are on another sailing 🤔

If someone Reports their post, it gets removed and they may get a Guideline Reminder.

Hi Marc - I am on Insignia (started in MIA).  I would be happy to answer any and all questions you may have.  Insignia will leave Kona, Hawaii on Jan. 20 and head to Nuka Hive (25th).  Jan. 26 - at sea. Rangiroa on the 27th.   Papeete on the 28th and 29th.  After Papeete ???????  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

If someone Reports their post, it gets removed and they may get a Guideline Reminder.

key phrase

most people on the roll calls  do not mind answering questions about tour guides or ports

JMO

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I don't see that rule in Cruise Critic's published guidelines:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/guidelines/

If I'm mistaken please show me where that rule is stated.

Obviously if a post is reported and in the judgement of the board moderator it's disruptive then it will be removed, but that's very different from saying there's a guideline that limits posting to only those currently booked on the cruise.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

I don't see that rule in Cruise Critic's published guidelines:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/guidelines/

If I'm mistaken please show me where that rule is stated.

Obviously if a post is reported and in the judgement of the board moderator it's disruptive then it will be removed, but that's very different from saying there's a guideline that limits posting to only those currently booked on the cruise.

Yeah, I'm learning something new here also. While I don't make it a point to post on Roll Calls I'm not on, I have made a post here and there to a RC that I was thinking about booking. Never realized it was against the guidelines here. 

• Like 2

I was confused about this too, so I asked my boss for clarification.  I was told that the rule is only people sailing on a cruise may post to the Roll Call.  And I have seen other Hosts enforce it.  [Maybe, as with the Italian port restrictions, not everything is published 😉]

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I was confused about this too, so I asked my boss for clarification.  I was told that the rule is only people sailing on a cruise may post to the Roll Call.  And I have seen other Hosts enforce it.  [Maybe, as with the Italian port restrictions, not everything is published 😉]

Would be nice for all of us to know what is going on no matter where it is posted.  Seems to me that is what CC is all about. 

• Like 1

If people who are currently on an ATW roll call want/ need info from previous ATW cruisers we, who have been on one or more ATWs but are not on the roll call, are not permitted to answer based on cruisecritic rules?

Ok....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Dumb rule.

• Like 1

Moral of the story: never start a paragraph on a RC with “ I’m not on your cruise, but”. 

With my all my currently booked cruises completely waitlisted, how would anyone know who’s on, or not on, any particular cruise unless it’s declared? Move on! 

• Like 4