Calculating Crown & Anchor Points

jrapps

30 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Does the 11/5/70 cruise have 1 point and another have 0 points?

Already tried replying, but will try again…

1970 cruise 1pt. 
1999 cruise 7pts. (7nt). 
2010 cruise 1pt. (7nt). 
worked out to 22 points??

Huh! I started cruising in 2001. I've had the Nov. 5th, 1970 cruise in my profile for years. It is in place of my first cruise (Enchantment 2001). My wife's profile shows the Enchantment cruise but mine shows the 11/5/70 cruise. Our points are the same so it really doesn't matter. I called RCI years ago to try to get it corrected but they couldn't do it. They can see my Enchantment cruise but the other cruise is the one that shows in my profile.

24 minutes ago, OACAggie said:

Already tried replying, but will try again…

1970 cruise 1pt. 
1999 cruise 7pts. (7nt). 
2010 cruise 1pt. (7nt). 
worked out to 22 points??

Based on the conversion to the new point system, this is correct. The conversion happened in 2011. Your 1999 cruise should only show as 1 point since it was before the conversion. So.... your 3 cruises convert to 21 points plus one bonus point = 22 points.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, robtulipe said:

Below is the conversion C&A used for the credit conversion when this was done in 2012.

Crown & Anchor changed from cruise credits to days credits using the following conversion.

1-4 - cruise credits x 7 plus 1 extra

5-7 - cruise credits  x 7 plus 3 extra

8+   -cruise credits  x 7 plus 13 extra

Thanks, I was wondering where the extra point came from.  I asked the same question of the C&A desk last year, and got this reply:

On January 21, 2011, we revised our method of calculating Cruise Credits. On sailings posted to your Crown & Anchor Society membership account prior to this revision, we calculated your Cruise Credits based on the number of qualified sailings you had completed with Royal Caribbean International. Then, on sailings added to your account after this date, you were credited based on the number of nights sailed. For your 3 Cruise Credits, you received 22 points. While the credit was not converted (it will remain at 3) your point total reflects the correct amount of points.

11 hours ago, robtulipe said:

Below is the conversion C&A used for the credit conversion when this was done in 2012.

Crown & Anchor changed from cruise credits to days credits using the following conversion.

Thanks! Always wondered now our 2 cruises totaling 10 nights became 15 points

2002-OCT - 3 night - 1 point

2006-JUL - 7 night - 1 point

Then not again until 2014

So looks like that was (2 * 7) + 1 = 15

• 2 years later...
On 1/16/2022 at 9:39 AM, robtulipe said:

So, I have a 5 night Bermuda from NJ in 2007.  I got 8 points as that is only one before change!  Their math is always been a mystery to.me.  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sacruiser62 said:

So, I have a 5 night Bermuda from NJ in 2007.  I got 8 points as that is only one before change!  Their math is always been a mystery to.me.  

Until Jan 1, 2003 it was 1 credit per cruise no matter the stateroom category or length of cruise.

After Jan 1, 2003, an extra credit was given for cruises of 12 days or longer.

After Jan 1, 2004, an extra credit was given for cruises in a JS or better.

Conversion 21.01.11

Conversion from old cruise credits to cruise points:

If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3

If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13

so your 1 credit * 7 + 1 = 8. 

Edited by little britain

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, little britain said:

Until Jan 1, 2003 it was 1 credit per cruise no matter the stateroom category or length of cruise.

After Jan 1, 2003, an extra credit was given for cruises of 12 days or longer.

After Jan 1, 2004, an extra credit was given for cruises in a JS or better.

Conversion 21.01.11

Conversion from old cruise credits to cruise points:

If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3

If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13

so your 1 credit * 7 + 1 = 8. 

POINTS make much more sense than days.  So for my 2011 cruise that was before double points but after switch so I'm just sort of sol on that one.  They refused my double points on another cruise because for booking purposes, on a kids sail free cruise my nephew was in my room.  Never even walked in.  And they used that to deny.  So they gave me emerald early!  Whoopy!

Thanks for clearing that part up!

Edited by Sacruiser62

3 minutes ago, Sacruiser62 said:

They refused my double points on another cruise because for booking purposes, on a kids sail free cruise my nephew was in my room.  Never even walked in.  And they used that to deny.  So they gave me emerald early!  Whoopy!

C&A points are based on how the room is booked, not who actually stays in the room.  If it was booked as double, you will not get the extra solo point, regardless if only you stayed in the room.  

Can't have your cake (KSF discount) and eat it too (extra solo point).

• Like 2

On 3/14/2024 at 4:44 PM, Another_Critic said:

C&A points are based on how the room is booked, not who actually stays in the room.  If it was booked as double, you will not get the extra solo point, regardless if only you stayed in the room.  

Can't have your cake (KSF discount) and eat it too (extra solo point).

To be clear, I wad booked as a solo traveler.   My brother wanted a ocean view balcony.   While on phone with royal caribbean their agent suggested I move up to same part of ship, add $800 to my cost and it would not affect solo status.  It was kids sail free.  I.spent 800 more, my brother paid the same and I even ended up paying for his sofa package.  If I had been told,.wouldn't havr given up points

7 hours ago, Sacruiser62 said:

To be clear, I wad booked as a solo traveler.   My brother wanted an ocean view balcony.   While on phone with royal caribbean their agent suggested I move up to same part of ship, add $800 to my cost and it would not affect solo status.  It was kids sail free.  I.spent 800 more, my brother paid the same and I even ended up paying for his sofa package.  If I had been told,.wouldn't havr given up points

Buying all his sofas is probably getting expensive 😉😀

In case it ever comes up again, Kids Sail Free does not apply to cabins with one or two guests.  If two nephews under 12 are booked in a cabin with you during a KSF promo, one of the two boys may qualify for KSF but not both.  
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-is-kids-sail-free-promotion

• Haha 2

Our only RCI cruise so far was in 2019,a near 3 week repo cruise on Quantum,for a while I did get C&A emails but they seem to have stopped,we are on Anthem next month,our cruise record shows no previous cruises & obviously no points,I was beginning to think our cruise was too long ago but reading this thread makes me realise different!😎

56 minutes ago, snaefell said:

I was beginning to think our cruise was too long ago but reading this thread makes me realise different!

Call C&A to fix that or see the LA on your Anthem sailing for that.

23 hours ago, snaefell said:

Our only RCI cruise so far was in 2019,a near 3 week repo cruise on Quantum,for a while I did get C&A emails but they seem to have stopped,we are on Anthem next month,our cruise record shows no previous cruises & obviously no points,I was beginning to think our cruise was too long ago but reading this thread makes me realise different!😎

Take seapass to c&a desk and they can add it back in.