ms Nieuw Statendam and ms Rotterdam in Port Everglades January 23, 2022

Scrapnana

32 minutes ago, mocruzer said:

Saw this on the Bimini webcam.  Didn't know a ship could be arrested - learn something new everyday...

Looks like the Crystal Serenity as Crystal has gone bankrupt. I'm pretty sure the old Regency Cruise Line had some ships arrested back in the mid 90s when Regency went under, no pun intended.

Edited by MISTER 67

4 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Looks like the Crystal Serenity as Crystal has gone bankrupt. I'm pretty sure the old Regency Cruise Line had some ships arrested back in the mid 90s when Regency went under, no pun intended.

It’s Crystal Symphony 

Have I missed the NA, or has she not come into Port Everglades today?   Maybe there is no one requiring hospitalization or quarantine in port?  I believe Noordam is now in Freeport dry dock, so NA will be taking all the crew that need to be isolated.

4 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Have I missed the NA, or has she not come into Port Everglades today?   Maybe there is no one requiring hospitalization or quarantine in port?  I believe Noordam is now in Freeport dry dock, so NA will be taking all the crew that need to be isolated.

NA off PE today. Was in port yesterday.

1 hour ago, Corby114 said:

The Nieuw Amsterdam has staff onboard because three consecutive charter cruises were canceled and rescheduled later this year. It doesn’t make sense to send their crew home if they return to service next month.

Last weekend, they moved staff OFF the Rotterdam and the Zuiderdam and onto the Nieuw Amsterdam, and moved 11 staff from the NA to the Zuiderdam and 14 staff from NA to the Rotterdam. They were referring the staff being moved as the ones onto the NA as "RED" staff, and onto the Rotterdam and Zuiderdam as "GREEN" staff.  Sick staff were moved off the Zuidy and Rotterdam to the NA, and vice versa for healthy staff.

L.

9 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I think I started that rumor (and suspect she may still go) but I rechecked and she's in a cruise berth.

Roy