Tote bags?

vickykay

54 minutes ago, Yvonne said:

We had an aft balcony cabin on the January 4th sailing of the Silhouette and we had a tote bag and umbrella in our room.

BUT, if you take the umbrella  home, you will be charged. Same with the bath robes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vickykay said:

Is Celebrity still providing the cloth tote bags in regular cabins?  Fingers crossed we board next Sat.  Thanks everyone.

Yes,there's a tote bag provided but it's those thin, recycled plastic fiber bags that are given out free and not regular canvas cloth. It will hold up for the cruise but not much longer. 

• Like 1

LOL--- Whatever you read here, do not cancel your cruise !!

IF by chance there is NO tote bag in your room ( either in a drawer or on the bed ) ask your Butler or Room Steward  to see if they can " find one for you "  ( $$ ).

With any luck ( $$ ) they will.  ( No worries-- You won't need too much " luck " ).

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.  We also have a collection of both kinds at home and one here in Fl.  Just wanted to know if needed an additional tote ( we each like one for the pool). We find the thin ones are fine to take a couple of towels to the beach.  Fingers crossed we will be boarding the Apex in the 29th!

3 hours ago, Pinboy said:

LOL--- Whatever you read here, do not cancel your cruise !!

IF by chance there is NO tote bag in your room ( either in a drawer or on the bed ) ask your Butler or Room Steward  to see if they can " find one for you "  ( $$ ).

With any luck ( $$ ) they will.  ( No worries-- You won't need too much " luck " ).

The only reason I cruise is for the "free" throw away tote.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

9 hours ago, gfkcruiser said:

What is given in concierge these days?  Debating on what type of tote to bring. 
We were in veranda in December and got the open tote shown. 

We cruised the Summit in Concierge in December and got one of the heavier bag-in-a-bag totes in our room the night before our port day. However, it may depend on the particular cruise and what supplies they've managed to get as we were on the Nov 22 Silhouette cruise out of FLL in a suite, and got nothing but the standard freebie bag.  Given some of the differences between that cruise and our Miami Summit cruise later that month, we could tell they seemed to be missing a fair amount of things. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LGW59 said:

The only reason I cruise is for the "free" throw away tote.

What about the 24 bars of soap, shampoo , conditioner, and body lotions ?

LOL-- On a recent cruise our Room Steward told us about his previous cruise where they kept asking for more of this, more of that, but he never saw an empty container in the waste basket.

I'll bet they were the " type " that left without saying " Good Bye $$$$ " .

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

- On a recent cruise our Room Steward told us about his previous cruise where they kept asking for more of this, more of that, but he never saw an empty container in the waste basket.

Ok, ok, I confess to bringing home 2 bars of that nice lavender peppermint soap from my last cruise. 

However, I never asked, they just appeared like magic, and I did tip him handsomely, as he was great all around, not just because  the magically appearing soaps. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

LOL-- On a recent cruise our Room Steward told us about his previous cruise where they kept asking for more of this, more of that, but he never saw an empty container in the waste basket.

Reminds me of my grandmother.  When we would go out to dinner, she always took the extra large pocketbook so she could take the unused bread and butter pads and salt and pepper if they were in packets, because "they are only going to throw them away when we leave".  

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Reminds me of my grandmother.  When we would go out to dinner, she always took the extra large pocketbook so she could take the unused bread and butter pads and salt and pepper if they were in packets, because "they are only going to throw them away when we leave".  

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

I thought that was the reason behind Celebrity giving us tote bags. 😁

• Haha 6

50 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

and I did tip him handsomely,

LOL----Perhaps ,naw , he never would have thought it, but , that's why the soaps appeared without asking for any ?

To be serious though, we have always had excellent service from our Room Steward and it was a pleasure to tip extra and always received a " genuine " Thank You and hope to see you again. 

A nice way to end a cruise.

18 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Wondering why you have several.  We use a couple times and recycle them 

I'd glad you wrote this. I was going to respond that as a frequent cruiser I collect these types of bags from all different types of places which is why I have more than I can use. TBH it just dawned on me that I
should just leave it in the cabin and NOT TAKE IT rather than literally having bags of bags at home in a closet collecting dust. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Wondering why you have several.  We use a couple times and recycle them 

LOL---There are still 20 bars of soap, lotions, shampoo, conditioner , and 60 chocolates that they leave on the pillow at night in the bag !!   Isn't that why they leave the bag there in the first place ?

• Haha 1