Is CATS really still on Oasis?!!

13 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

They HAVE added a stage show that starts this month, called One Sky. Apparently it was on before covid but didn't last long before the shut down, So I'm excited to at least have another shop option coming up!

This is the first I've heard of it... can you share where you heard this

14 hours ago, yogimax said:

Respectfully disagree.  Grease is a sexist show that is disgustingly misogynist.  (I'm a male, by the way).  It is an exaggeration of life in the 50s and focuses on Sandy's surrender of her values to please a guy.  And no, we must use modern values to evaluate the past.  Otherwise, the mistakes of the past become meaningless.

Oh give me a break lol! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 6

On 8/11/2023 at 3:51 AM, Scottdalfonso said:

They HAVE added a stage show that starts this month, called One Sky. Apparently it was on before covid but didn't last long before the shut down, So I'm excited to at least have another shop option coming up! 

Yay!  Can’t wait to see it when I cruise with my mom in December (her first cruise :))

• Haha 1

On 8/11/2023 at 8:20 AM, Suzieanna said:

As an aside, last night I saw Kinky Boots.   I didn't know any of the songs, but they were mainly upbeat, toe tapping numbers.    There was colour, there was comedy, there was a story.     

I saw it on NCL Encore last November.  And now it's gone.  Go figure.

• 2 months later...

I absolutely love Cats 🥰😍🥰 and have seen it many times.  I’m going on the transatlantic on Oasis in Spring, does anyone happen to know if there will be several showings? Fingers crossed I will be able to see Cats 2-3 times on the TA 🙂 

I probably won’t be able to book more than once in the app, but I can probably get in queuing 🙂 

(sorry aabout resurrecting an old thread)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, October17 said:

I absolutely love Cats 🥰😍🥰 and have seen it many times.  I’m going on the transatlantic on Oasis in Spring, does anyone happen to know if there will be several showings? Fingers crossed I will be able to see Cats 2-3 times on the TA 🙂 

I probably won’t be able to book more than once in the app, but I can probably get in queuing 🙂 

(sorry aabout resurrecting an old thread)

Also on cruise and yes, I expect them to hold several performances 👏

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

Queuing is an option as is waiting 10- 15 minutes after the show begins, many seats likely to be emptied by then.

Might have to wake someone up to get their seat.  Earplugs are great for many reasons for this one.

• Haha 2

On 11/10/2023 at 6:01 PM, bucfan2 said:

Might have to wake someone up to get their seat.  Earplugs are great for many reasons for this one.

Ha!  My first Oasis cruise I left Cats after 45 minutes unable to endure anymore. I returned on another night, waited until the show was 45 minutes into the performance, to hopefully view the complete show over 2 dates. I could not make it to the end again. Before I walked out on the second show I witnessed what is my lasting memory of Cats (no pun intended).

3 women in the row in front of me decided Cats was not for them as well. As they approached the aisle, they came upon a man in their row who had fallen asleep. The first turned back to her friends, they laughed at the situation. It was an easy decision for them to wake him, having endured enough of Cats themselves.

• Haha 1

We were recently on Oasis and were able to see Cats twice. There were at least 3 showings. A few people did walk out of the shows, but not many. Both times we saw it they received a standing ovation at the end. No standing O for our viewings of Sky nor the Ice skating show. There is no question that the best show on the ship is Aqua 80, but I woud place Cats as the second best. I do have a question for the all the Cats haters out there that do not understand the plot (yes, there is one), could you please explain the plot of Aqua 80 to me? Or of Sky? Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OceanBlue123 said:

We were recently on Oasis and were able to see Cats twice. There were at least 3 showings. A few people did walk out of the shows, but not many. Both times we saw it they received a standing ovation at the end. No standing O for our viewings of Sky nor the Ice skating show. There is no question that the best show on the ship is Aqua 80, but I woud place Cats as the second best. I do have a question for the all the Cats haters out there that do not understand the plot (yes, there is one), could you please explain the plot of Aqua 80 to me? Or of Sky? Thanks!

I know we are not in the majority but i agree.  First, Aqua 80 is the best show on Oasis, and the best Aqua show of the ones that I've seen overall.  But I also really enjoyed Cats. Saw it once + the first half of another showing (and only couldn't see the whole thing since had to get ready for dinner).  The cast that we saw is amazing, set done well, costumes great, etc.  To me, the trick was reading / researching the story beforehand, plus I learned some of the music.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, LuCruise said:

I know we are not in the majority but i agree.  First, Aqua 80 is the best show on Oasis, and the best Aqua show of the ones that I've seen overall.  But I also really enjoyed Cats. Saw it once + the first half of another showing (and only couldn't see the whole thing since had to get ready for dinner).  The cast that we saw is amazing, set done well, costumes great, etc.  To me, the trick was reading / researching the story beforehand, plus I learned some of the music.  

Knowing the story definitely helps. I wish they would change the creepy segment early on when all of the cats together explain the plot. It was too long, and very hard to understand with so many talking in unison. Having the whole cast sing in a big chorus sounds great, but having them talk at the same time does not work so well. If they changed that scene to one actor saying those lines, or multiple actors taking turns one at a time, I think it would help a lot.

On 8/11/2023 at 11:44 AM, Cruise a holic said:

So many shows that Royal can do- that would entertain it's return guests.  Time for a change.  Fares have increased so much, surely Royal can invest in new shows every three years.  

Yep... entertainment is beginning to stagnate.

... 70s party thread is a case in point!

Edited by icsys
link
  • Like 1

When she started 🎼”Chills….they’re multiplying’ 🎼 I can only say she wasn’t the only one! The only relief came when she forgot the words! The drummer was behind a Perspex screen which I assume was to protect him in case an assassins bullet missed its mark?