Milkshakes on drinks packages

M8lyx

19 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Those are smoothies, not milkshakes.  Smoothies are still there

Is there really a difference if you get a smoothie with dairy products?  Obviously a classic milk shake has milk, icecream and usually a syrup, but a I'd find a smoothie with frozen yogurt and fruit almost as satisfying. 

BRB. Going to Five Guys for a milkshake now. 

When I asked about a chocolate milkshake, I was told it's basically a virgin mudslide.  I've ordered recently on both Edge and Reflection.  I only have the classic drink package and it's covered.  Delicious!!!

Edited by lola2013
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, M8lyx said:

Thank you all for you comments. 
They do do milkshakes as it’s on the kids drink packages. See below. 
The pictures look delicious so I was hoping to be able to have a few. 🤷‍♂️

14599713-33B1-4595-AF31-8375BF6CDDD5.png

A74ABBDB-D48C-46FF-8A31-61ABDA79C62D.jpeg

yum

Our daughter had the kids drink package on our last cruise in late December on the Summit. A "milkshake" was in fact simply a virgin mudslide. It's good, but not really a milkshake.

I would just get a bowl of soft serve and a glass of milk from the buffet and make my own 🙂

3 minutes ago, owensjro said:

Our daughter had the kids drink package on our last cruise in late December on the Summit. A "milkshake" was in fact simply a virgin mudslide. It's good, but not really a milkshake.

I would just get a bowl of soft serve and a glass of milk from the buffet and make my own 🙂

Has anybody checked to see if they have a blender in the ice cream station in the Oceanview Cafe?  

4 minutes ago, owensjro said:

But there’s clearly a strawberry milkshake in the photo on th kid’s package. That can’t be a virgin mudslide?  I’d be very disappointed if I’d paid for my kids drinks package and there was only Virgin mudslides. 

My curiosity has led me to just about every venue on the ship asking if they make milkshakes. The answer has been a universal, “no but we make virgin mudslides.”  Strawberry milkshakes? No, only virgin mudslide. Vanilla milkshakes? No, only virgin mudslides.  

I’m sure they are delicious, but they’re not milkshakes.

• Like 1

My only thought would be to check with the outdoor oceanview bartender (who has a blender used to make icy drinks) to see if you brought him ice cream if he/she would make it for you.  I'm pretty sure they have milk and chocolate/strawberry syrups there.   I might try on my next sailing.

But I like a good milkshake so I would probably need a couple bowls of ice cream!

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

My only thought would be to check with the outdoor oceanview bartender (who has a blender used to make icy drinks) to see if you brought him ice cream if he/she would make it for you.  I'm pretty sure they have milk and chocolate/strawberry syrups there.   I might try on my next sailing.

Why does it have to be so hard?  There has to be some demand for milkshakes on a cruise, doesn't there?  I don't drink alcohol, so the drinks package is a waste for me, there's only so much water I can drink in a day 🙂, but I could easily make it back in milkshakes.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, josh1324342 said:

Why does it have to be so hard?  There has to be some demand for milkshakes on a cruise, doesn't there?  I don't drink alcohol, so the drinks package is a waste for me, there's only so much water I can drink in a day 🙂, but I could easily make it back in milkshakes.

Possibly not too much demand for actual milkshakes on board due to the typical low number of kids on Celebrity ships.  So for adults they off virgin mudslides and such.  I know on RCCL you could get milkshakes in venues like Johnny Rockets.

On 2/17/2022 at 8:38 AM, mfs2k said:

Is there really a difference if you get a smoothie with dairy products?  Obviously a classic milk shake has milk, icecream and usually a syrup, but a I'd find a smoothie with frozen yogurt and fruit almost as satisfying. 

BRB. Going to Five Guys for a milkshake now. 

From what I saw the smoothies at the spa cafe were of the kale variety... not the yogurt fruit type... more healthy than the type of smoothie I like...  someone posted this menu on another thread... not quite what a kid might confuse with a milkshake

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 11.55.57 AM.png

Edited by kearney

4 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Possibly not too much demand for actual milkshakes on board due to the typical low number of kids on Celebrity ships.  So for adults they off virgin mudslides and such.  I know on RCCL you could get milkshakes in venues like Johnny Rockets.

Well, I'm not a kid, but I LOVE milkshakes!  They have awesome ones on MSC.

• Like 2