Obstructed View Veranda

cleobella

9 minutes ago, cleobella said:

Anyone have any idea what the view would be like from a level 6, mid ship, obstructed view veranda cabin on the Solstice?  I’m assuming the obstruction is a lifeboat but how much of an obstruction would it be? 

Deck: 6 Continental
* The obstructed view cabins will have life boat or ship structure blocking their view when looking down from balcony but the view forward is clear, however some obstructed balcony cabins have tops of life boats or life boat lifts coming up to railing height and that will obstruct the view when sitting down (The larger life boats are in front of cabins 6188 to 6206 on the starboard side and 6187 to 6205 on the port side)

10 minutes ago, cleobella said:

Anyone have any idea what the view would be like from a level 6, mid ship, obstructed view veranda cabin on the Solstice?  I’m assuming the obstruction is a lifeboat but how much of an obstruction would it be? 

This is Sillouette (Solstice class) 6182, which is about as obstructed as it gets. In some cases, they'll call it obstructed view if you can't look straight down over your balcony railing and see the ocean.

We like to think of it as being so posh that we have our own lifeboat.

obstructedview.jpg

• Like 1

If it's a 2C you'll be looking across to top of a lifeboat (you can't look straight down).  If it's a 2D, you'll have a lifeboat davit in your field of view.  We've sailed both types, and they're not a problem for us at all, but of course others would feel differently.

While I was posting PublicPersona posted the excellent picture above.  That's a 2D, and you can see the davits. As you can see the "obstruction is barely above the height of the railing.

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv

1 hour ago, publicpersona said:

This is Sillouette (Solstice class) 6182, which is about as obstructed as it gets. In some cases, they'll call it obstructed view if you can't look straight down over your balcony railing and see the ocean.

We like to think of it as being so posh that we have our own lifeboat.

obstructedview.jpg

As a person that cannot stand at the railing and look directly down, this would not bother me at all.

Been in a 2D and would likely not book any in that category again because it is very difficult to see the pier due to the lifeboat obstruction. We missed the seeing Scottish bagpipe sendoff out of Invergordon, though we did hear them!

We have had numerous 2C cabins. The last 8 on each side sternward have larger verandas that jut over the dining venues. No direct downward view but no lifeboats obstruction either. Also there are four 2C cabins that have the angled larger verandas with minimal lifeboat obstruction.

Unfortunately, hidden gem cabins in all categories on all ships will be designated with a "D" in mid-2023 and come at a higher, non-upgradable price.

Wonderful guys, thanks so much for your responses. The pictures and link to the various cabin views is very helpful. I'm not sure an obstructed view is for us. I actually don't mind saving with an inside cabin, but since COVID hubby will only consider a balcony! I thought I could save with a partial or obstructed view but I'm not sure it will work for us

40 minutes ago, cleobella said:

Wonderful guys, thanks so much for your responses. The pictures and link to the various cabin views is very helpful. I'm not sure an obstructed view is for us. I actually don't mind saving with an inside cabin, but since COVID hubby will only consider a balcony! I thought I could save with a partial or obstructed view but I'm not sure it will work for us

If you can provide exact cabin numbers you are considering, Celebrity has tours available of specific obstructed views.

Thanks Jeremiah1212, I did discover that in an earlier post and it's a really handy resource.  I was considering the partial view cabin 6201, suggested by the website, but after checking it out, I'm going to look for something else.  Very appreciative of your response!

13 minutes ago, cleobella said:

Thanks Jeremiah1212, I did discover that in an earlier post and it's a really handy resource.  I was considering the partial view cabin 6201, suggested by the website, but after checking it out, I'm going to look for something else.  Very appreciative of your response!

Posting again. I encourage you to see if Category 2C cabin 6157 located on the forward port side hump is available. I can assure you won't be disappointed.  Large angled balcony with obstruction only if you look down.