Princess New Cancellations as of March 14th 2022

LACruiser88

16 minutes ago, willtup5 said:

I am confused: We are booked om magestic princess jan 29th australia/New Zealand. Didnt see this listed as canceled.  Though may other Magestic cruises have been. Should I think our cruise is a go or not?

I can understand your confusion. It seems like the Majestic is doing a half season down here.

The Majestic cruises are only cancelled from the 24th of February. The replacement cruise they are offering us for our February cruise is in Novemeber this year so they still plan to send it down here.

I have no idea what they are planning to do with the ship after it's last cruise in February and it's first cruise in May in Alaska.

"With the complexities of international air travel and border closures, it is with a heavy heart that we have to continue to cancel select cruises.     ------    Majestic Princess from February 2023 through May 2023"

If the concerns are international travel and border closures, why cancel the second half of the season?  The ships are already there.

We were scheduled for b2b2b, 2-24-23 thru 4-1-23, which were rescheduled from Jan 2021.  Guess we will plan for 2024. 

Didn't anyone read that Russia is seizing 515 Planes that are leased and using them for his own purpose. The article states the planes are worth 10 Billion. That means international flights might be short a few (or more) planes. 

Putin Declares Russian Airlines Can Keep Leased Jets

As we reported last week, Russian airlines hold 780 leased jets, with 515 leased from abroad. Due to western sanctions imposed upon the Russian Federation, lessors have until March 28, 2022 to reclaim those aircraft or face penalties themselves. Lessors have responded by cancelling leases and asking that aircraft be returned.  Russian airlines have responded by suspending international service, to avoid repossession attempts, and pausing debt servicing, effectively holding the jets hostage.

Edited by cruzsnooze

6 hours ago, sewgood said:

I can understand your confusion. It seems like the Majestic is doing a half season down here.

The Majestic cruises are only cancelled from the 24th of February. The replacement cruise they are offering us for our February cruise is in Novemeber this year so they still plan to send it down here.

I have no idea what they are planning to do with the ship after it's last cruise in February and it's first cruise in May in Alaska.

Thank you for the response

7 hours ago, leck57 said:

While I was writing my post above, I checked the list of cancelled sailings and noticed Majestic was still coming here and some of the cancelled cruises had Majestic cruises as the replacement. Majestic is also listed to do cruises just prior and after your cruise.

So I assume you'll be good to go.

Thank yiu so much

20 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We were booked on the Majestic, 4/4/23, 28 day, Sidney to LA voyage.  This was a replacement cruise for a cruise that I can't even remember anymore!

I was on that cruise too, and also had the 2 before canceled or changed.

the replacement cruises they offered are of no interest to me

• Like 1

20 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I wonder where the Royal will go?  As of right now they have the Coral, Grand and the Majestic in Australia later this year.  Nothing for the Royal....

I was booked for Ruby on January 6, 2022, RT San Francisco to Mexican Riviera.  Got notified that Royal will be replacing her; no changes do dates.  Will get updated on or before April 7 on stateroom assignment.  I hope I get a similar stateroom, I asked for a specific premium aft balcony.

22 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

When I saw the title I thought surely that this was the announcement about the Baltic cruises on the Enchanted.  Instead there's some other cruises that I was watching.  I really did think that they would be working something out with Australia based on other reports I've read in the news media.  Wow.... 😞 

My Baltic on Enchanted was cancelled this morning

4 hours ago, Akit said:

I was booked for Ruby on January 6, 2022, RT San Francisco to Mexican Riviera.  Got notified that Royal will be replacing her; no changes do dates.  Will get updated on or before April 7 on stateroom assignment.  I hope I get a similar stateroom, I asked for a specific premium aft balcony.

I sure hope you mean 2023. January 2022 is long gone

18 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Same for us, we are taking the FCC.

the FCC expires end of 2023...........since I already have a cruise booked for 2023 that won't help me. I'm going to see if they will apply it as credit to my 2023 cruise (Canada and Greenland)

On 3/14/2022 at 8:08 PM, Ombud said:

I'm so frustrated. 2 of my 3 cruises are under redeployment or reassignment (canceled). 3rd time my Enchanted Princess is canceled. Fortunately that was was rebooked but where's my air?? Then I get an email that my Royal Princess Sydney to Hong Kong is canceled for the 2nd time. Now I can only hope that my Ruby Princess Pacific Northwest Cruise will go next month. I mean I've got enough FCC to cover the Ruby, Enchanted, and half Royal. And that FCC expires 5/1/23. NOW WHAT!?@!?@

Ok. Princess confusing email as usual. Royal Princess Sydney to Hong Kong was canceled but then rebooked on Majestic Princess at a higher rate & deleted OBC. PVP fixed it. So I guess Majestic is going to Asia? At least Royal Princess will be based in SF as Ruby Princess moves to Galveston. Seems that Princess is creating new home ports in USA

Arggh, our Panama cruise on Ruby got canceled  on Feb 2023.  Princess has a default cruise for us to transfer to. However we don't like it but Ruby will be sailing to Panama 3 months earlier in Dec. 

We booked the cruise from a big box store. Instead of letting Princess move us after  4/15, can I call Princess directly and have them move us to the desired sailing when the cruise available for sale on 4/7?   

Just want to avoid wasting time with the middlemen involved.

10 hours ago, moodyb1 said:

Perhaps I missed it in this thread, but why the cancellations in Japan?

Arlene

Because the ship, Diamond Princess, is moving to San Diego. Check the link in post # 43 above

11 hours ago, racj846 said:

Because the ship, Diamond Princess, is moving to San Diego. Check the link in post # 43 above

I saw that, but there must be a reason they are moving the Diamond reason from Japan to San Diego. 

• 4 months later...

My October 2022 Cruise on the Diamond Princess to Mexico was just cancelled.  Is this getting to be the new normal for Princess?  I'm hesitant to book another cruise with them.  Any thoughts on what is going on with Princess.  Customer Service says its labor/staffing issues in the industry.

4 hours ago, Susan and Bob said:

My October 2022 Cruise on the Diamond Princess to Mexico was just cancelled.  Is this getting to be the new normal for Princess?  I'm hesitant to book another cruise with them.  Any thoughts on what is going on with Princess.  Customer Service says its labor/staffing issues in the industry.

I'm booked for February.  I think it will be cancelled.