Radiance of the Seas Deployment

1 hour ago, steveru621 said:

Bayley thinks this is normal now.  Screw our customers.

Insult to the injury, RCI's booking website has major problems.

I don’t think Bayiey had any intentions of sending Radiance for quite a while. 
A lot of people applied for the price drop scheme but from memory only Radiance passengers got lt.

I think it was just to get the smaller ship bookings in and move them to the big ships.

Bait and switch.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jandex said:

Thank you. 
I noticed if you log into your reservation’s payment page under the heading ‘minimum deposit paid’ it should say ‘complete’. There should also be a balance due date. 

Thanks Jandex, Just did this. Worked for one cruise, the second cruise shows $200 more than is on our invoice and the third isn’t there! Will have to ring again!

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

A lot of people applied for the price drop scheme but from memory only Radiance passengers got lt.

I think it was just to get the smaller ship bookings in and move them to the big ships.

Bait and switch.

I did get price drops, on Ovation cruises, but what was the point, some of the cruises were cancelled last year and then replaced with Radiance. It is alright to give price drops on something they cannot deliver!

8 hours ago, xtremegk said:

I think it might be your TA that's your issue here, not Royal. Royal's emails quite clearly say refund and I have never seen Royal cancel a cruise and forfeit deposits if a customer doesn't take action.

Agree, know not all have same results but last 9months received all but one of my 8 Royal Canceled Deposits back in under 3wks. Most these I didn't have do anything

I had quite a few FCC credits from previous cancelled cruises tacked onto those Radiance cruises to bring down the balance.  I have a feeling I am in for another cancellation/refund of credits/deposits nightmare all over again.  😡

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Bait and switch.

Scheme worked awesome for us.

Booked OS's on Empress, Majesty, and Jewel. Rock bottom prices, then shifted them to Odyssey, Symphony,  and Harmony this spring

Still have one left. Moved from a VP on Adventure to a GS on Voyager for the Baltics. Even got an extra day. 2 grand, all in. Now I can afford the BC airfare to Copenhagen 😁

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm taking a ship over.🛳

No flights to worry about👍

If I was doing what you are doing though, I would be thinking almost constantly what this boat ride is costing me...............So I would still have something to worry about.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I had quite a few FCC credits from previous cancelled cruises tacked onto those Radiance cruises to bring down the balance.  I have a feeling I am in for another cancellation/refund of credits/deposits nightmare all over again.  😡

Can relate, last 3weeks paid off my 34 Nites all with FCC. And I still have enough pay for my B2B PC & Caribbean Cruise in Oct

• Like 1

Got my 2 x March 2023 Radiance sailings changed over to Serenade TA Spring 2023 and Radiance PC Fall 2023.

My poor travel agent was on the phone to Guatemala for nearly 3 hrs as they outright refused to transfer the $100 OBC on each sailing and put her on hold numerous time to speak to his 'supervisor' and still said no!! 😡

Edited by Blue Eyed Belfast Belle

My poor travel agent has spent untold hours on the phone only to deal with totally incompetent Royal employees or having the call dropped. She has been trying since Monday to shift my transatlantic to Ovation 2023. I am appalled at the incredibly horrible customer service given to my travel agent. I would be happy to stay on hold but they won’t talk to me since I booked with a TA. Good thing I want to book for 2023 since the Ovation Transatlantic for 2022 is filling really fast. Are all cruise lines this bad?

16 minutes ago, nich3cats said:

My poor travel agent has spent untold hours on the phone only to deal with totally incompetent Royal employees or having the call dropped. She has been trying since Monday to shift my transatlantic to Ovation 2023. I am appalled at the incredibly horrible customer service given to my travel agent. I would be happy to stay on hold but they won’t talk to me since I booked with a TA. Good thing I want to book for 2023 since the Ovation Transatlantic for 2022 is filling really fast. Are all cruise lines this bad?

I just wanted to flag with you that Ovation is not deployed to transatlantic repositionings, just in case that is the reason your TA is getting no traction 

(hopefully you are referring to transpacific and that your agent is referencing transpacific with Royal).

17 minutes ago, nich3cats said:

I've booked / cruised on 7 different lines (I don't go for loyalty, just particular destinations / ships) and this is the first time i've had so much trouble with a booking. My travel agent is extremely busy at the moment and doesn't have time to waste trying to organise my refund from RCI as i'm changing the booking to another company.

• Like 1

There seems to something amiss with Royal Caribbean.

I think there management chain is breaking down or something.

I am very sceptical about a lot of the cruises in the coming Australia season. Most of the cruises go to places that are currently closed to cruise ships and there’s not much hope of it happening.

In my eyes , there management should be addressing it .

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 8:40 AM, resordanis said:

Thanks Jandex, Just did this. Worked for one cruise, the second cruise shows $200 more than is on our invoice and the third isn’t there! Will have to ring again!

Good luck Resordanis, you must be very frustrated….

I’m thinking maybe I should just pay the deposit again, just to double ensure my booking, cause who knows with Royal at the moment?!? If it’s not needed, I’ll just have less to pay at balance time. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Missusdubbya said:

I just wanted to flag with you that Ovation is not deployed to transatlantic repositionings, just in case that is the reason your TA is getting no traction 

(hopefully you are referring to transpacific and that your agent is referencing transpacific with Royal).

So sorry meant transpacific! I am so frazzled I got my oceans mixed up. Thank you for commenting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jandex said:

Good luck Resordanis, you must be very frustrated….

I’m thinking maybe I should just pay the deposit again, just to double ensure my booking, cause who knows with Royal at the moment?!? If it’s not needed, I’ll just have less to pay at balance time. 

No if you go into the booking, it does show deposit paid! I checked again this morning.

My problem now is the different pricing between the invoice sent to me and the price is is showing when I log into my cruises! Another phone call coming up.

3 hours ago, colourbird said:

I've booked / cruised on 7 different lines (I don't go for loyalty, just particular destinations / ships) and this is the first time i've had so much trouble with a booking. My travel agent is extremely busy at the moment and doesn't have time to waste trying to organise my refund from RCI as i'm changing the booking to another company.

We had two cancelled by a Princess last week and it was a very easy change.These two cruises with Royal have been just so difficult! My Princess cruise planner even rung to see if I was happy. I would be just happy with Royal if I didn’t have to wait on for so long to a useless CallCentre.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, resordanis said:

No if you go into the booking, it does show deposit paid! I checked again this morning.

My problem now is the different pricing between the invoice sent to me and the price is is showing when I log into my cruises! Another phone call coming up.

Out of frustration with trying to get some action.My problem is the cruises I would like to move to are a bit different. A day longer or a cabin upgrade.

If I just roll the booking over to the same cabin category on Ovation will they do a price drop. As one of my bookings are quite a bit cheaper on Ovation.

Even though I don’t like the cruise or the cabin grade on Ovation it’s better than nothing.

33 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Out of frustration with trying to get some action.My problem is the cruises I would like to move to are a bit different. A day longer or a cabin upgrade.

If I just roll the booking over to the same cabin category on Ovation will they do a price drop. As one of my bookings are quite a bit cheaper on Ovation.

Even though I don’t like the cruise or the cabin grade on Ovation it’s better than nothing.

Yes, I had this frustration too! In the end I did opt for a one day shorter cruise, as we wanted to tie it all in with a Princess cruise so we will be doing B2B2B with  two different lines and one day in between. The cruise I actually booked separately (in the new sale) was slightly cheaper, so in one of my many phone calls to Royal, I asked  for the price drop, which came thru this morning. My problem seemed to be that my cruises were 11 and 12 days. I do not consider these long cruises, but a lot of the cruises were much shorter, making lift and shift a bit more difficult. Interesting though that one JS that I did lift and shift is nearly $2000 per person more expensive! They certainly don’t make it easy that is for sure! I also have deliberately not taken any cruises to the South Pacific, and just hope NZ comes thru. 

• Thanks 1

Just another thing PLEASE check your new cruise documents. I just discovered Royal Caribbean had added a change fee of $100 to one of my bookings. Only discovered this when I found a price difference between the invoice that was sent and when I logged into Manage my Cruises! Two phone calls and 30 minutes after, all rectified. I am definitely done now! 

12 hours ago, resordanis said:

Just another thing PLEASE check your new cruise documents. I just discovered Royal Caribbean had added a change fee of $100 to one of my bookings. Only discovered this when I found a price difference between the invoice that was sent and when I logged into Manage my Cruises! Two phone calls and 30 minutes after, all rectified. I am definitely done now! 

My app now still shows “Radiance” but with the new Quantum dates and different amount of nights…. 🥴

22 hours ago, resordanis said:

I also have deliberately not taken any cruises to the South Pacific, and just hope NZ comes thru. 

This is a bit of a worry to be honest? Although I think NZ will be open as vaccination rates are very high, many islands in the South Pacific are not and with indigenous populations maybe a bit more vulnerable to the virus, some islands may still be closed especially if we have further variants emerge in the coming months, or at best it could see them open but only on a limited basis, that is ship booked and organised tours only.

Would imagine worst case scenario will be an expanded AUS/NZ schedule and stops or more cancelations and/or redeployment of ships.

• Like 1