eMed tests

58 minutes ago, travelhound said:

We just did our emed tests from our hotel room.  Unfortunately we did experience some problems with the video feed, but we we able to reconnect after several tries.  

For some reason when we used our IPads we had audio problems.  We now do them only on our IPhones with no problems….

• Like 1

We will be at in Florida without a car this summer for a few days before the cruise, so will have to test via the video test most likely.  Do they allow the family to do it all at once or is it separate "appointments" for each person?  How much time would we need to block out of our plans to do the tests?  Are there hours they are available?  Just starting my research into this!

5 minutes ago, bayportkat said:

We will be at in Florida without a car this summer for a few days before the cruise, so will have to test via the video test most likely.  Do they allow the family to do it all at once or is it separate "appointments" for each person?  How much time would we need to block out of our plans to do the tests?  Are there hours they are available?  Just starting my research into this!

Where in FL?

Each person needs their own account and has to log in one at a time.  They're open 24/7.

On 3/21/2022 at 5:03 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

I have used the at home test available on RCI’s website (and Celebrity too) for my last six cruises. It’s well worth the $33 to me knowing the test is accepted by RCI and taking the test at home is very convenient. 

I thought those tests were $100?

13 minutes ago, BND said:

Where in FL?

Each person needs their own account and has to log in one at a time.  They're open 24/7.

Disney for 4 days prior to the cruise.  We are getting a car service to the port.  

So if everyone in the family has their own device/phone to use, we can all do it simultaneously?

1 minute ago, bayportkat said:

Disney for 4 days prior to the cruise.  We are getting a car service to the port.  

So if everyone in the family has their own device/phone to use, we can all do it simultaneously?

Each person can do their own at the same time as long as they have their own device.  Each will get their own proctor.

12 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

For some reason when we used our IPads we had audio problems.  We now do them only on our IPhones with no problems….

I think our problem had to do with bandwidth at the hotel.  It was fine to start the test, but then the video stopped working and we had to restart the test.  Thankfully we had not opened the test kit before we had to restart.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BND said:

Optum sells the two pack for $69,99, so more like $35 each.

Optum also sells 3 packs for $99  and 6 packs for $150.  Twice we had issues with the test kits and always buy the three pack just in case.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bayportkat said:

Yes, but if you are in a hotel, your space is limited - you need to have a level tabletop so your phone can have a clear view of your test kit - and the noise will bleed over.  We have found it easier to wait until one if finished before the other one starts. 

17 hours ago, britty1 said:

Might be a good choice for back up plan. Really want to do CVS or Walgreens before we fly out.

I called CVS yesterday and their automated system said tests for travel cost something like $130 each. Maybe it’s my area, but more likely the pharmacies aren’t offering free tests anymore. I’m going to see if I can pop in to a Walgreens today to confirm. I will use my $70/2 kit ordered through the RCI link next week. I was hoping to save those as a backup or possibly for a future cruise I have booked. Oh well! Appreciate the person reminding us of health insurance reimbursement. Good stuff!

14 minutes ago, Cdude said:

I called CVS yesterday and their automated system said tests for travel cost something like $130 each. Maybe it’s my area, but more likely the pharmacies aren’t offering free tests anymore. I’m going to see if I can pop in to a Walgreens today to confirm. I will use my $70/2 kit ordered through the RCI link next week. I was hoping to save those as a backup or possibly for a future cruise I have booked. Oh well! Appreciate the person reminding us of health insurance reimbursement. Good stuff!

It's been suggested by others that you specify on the CVS questionnaire that you're getting the test because you're going to be in crowded areas (instead of saying it's for travel) that insurance covers it.

I did eMed yesterday and survived unscathed; A pdf report as well as the report on Navica arrived in minutes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Cruiser24 said:

Optum also sells 3 packs for $99  and 6 packs for $150.  Twice we had issues with the test kits and always buy the three pack just in case.  

We order 4 tests for 2 people.

Genuinely thankful to everyone.

Ordered yesterday.  Registered. We will download the Navica App.

* Has anyone used Emed overseas?

We plan on using the Emed kits at our hotel in Fort Lauderdale...day before our embarkation...as current protocols by RCCL for transatlantics require test to be 1 day before embarkation...problem solved.

Now coming back...we are wondering if we can use Emed kits before our flight back from Rome?

14 hours ago, BND said:

Optum sells the two pack for $69,99, so more like $35 each.

I ordered the three pack in case one is defective or something goes wrong.  I've been on two cruises now since ordering them but didn't need them since I was able to use CVS without problem.  They're a nice back up as long as testing is still readily available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bonsai3s said:

Genuinely thankful to everyone.

Ordered yesterday.  Registered. We will download the Navica App.

* Has anyone used Emed overseas?

We plan on using the Emed kits at our hotel in Fort Lauderdale...day before our embarkation...as current protocols by RCCL for transatlantics require test to be 1 day before embarkation...problem solved.

Now coming back...we are wondering if we can use Emed kits before our flight back from Rome?

American Airlines on their website mentions them specifically as being approved for flying back to the US.   It's what we plan to do for our flight back from Amsterdam. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I ordered the three pack in case one is defective or something goes wrong.  I've been on two cruises now since ordering them but didn't need them since I was able to use CVS without problem.  They're a nice back up as long as testing is still readily available.

good idea as we had a bad/inconclusive Emed test in February.  Luckily I had a backup.  Company sent us a new one after the cruise.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 12:08 PM, Coralc said:

There is an option to have them proctored with telehealth, for $20-just like emed tests. 

https://ihealthlabs.com/products/ihealth-verified-covid-test-service

I just sent emails to IHealth and to Royal Caribbean, asking if they are acceptable for cruising. They should be, they are CDC compliant, proctored tests. 

*Have you heard anything from IHEALTH or RCI

On 3/23/2022 at 8:57 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

The free tests you get from the government , if they are the ones in then orange and white box, can have a proctor appointment added to them by the user  for $20

https://ihealthlabs.com/products/ihealth-verified-covid-test-service

Please be sure to read the FAQ on these.  I was going to try them too, but the FAQ said they only support PCs or laptops.  Tablets and phones are not supported. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, ridge4 said:

Please be sure to read the FAQ on these.  I was going to try them too, but the FAQ said they only support PCs or laptops.  Tablets and phones are not supported. 

We have PC's and laptops. And they have cameras. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Coralc said:

We have PC's and laptops. And they have cameras. :classic_smile:

Good. 😁 We were going to use them while traveling, but we only travel with an Ipad and phones.

Edited by ridge4
  • Thanks 1