Atlas Bar on Onward

Riocca

1 hour ago, Riocca said:

We are currently on Onward so are speaking from experience, the Atlas bar is a great place for a pre and after dinner drink and adds to the experience if you’re in the specialty restaurants. I would ask how many people sit and read in the library the evening? During the day the Atlas bar is open for those looking for a quiet space.

As regards the library space I’ve not seen it mentioned that there’s shelving both sides of the Living Room. One side currently has some books the other a few games but there’s plenty of space to build up the library as guests leave unwanted books, I remember Pursuits library was quite empty on the maiden.

Tin hat on but we will be keen to see the Atlas bar added to all the ships.

Someone posted on another thread that the wines are not good.  We will be on the Christmas cruise.  Can you post a wine list?

Edited by KevintheIrishDJ

9 minutes ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

Someone posted on another thread that the wines are not good.  We will be on the Christmas cruise.  Can you post a wine list?

Wines are changing all the time at the moment so a wine list won’t help. A couple of local Chiantis came onboard in Italy on the all included and they were pleasant.

Wine is subjective, but we’ve had no problem finding something we like.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Wines are changing all the time at the moment so a wine list won’t help. A couple of local Chiantis came onboard in Italy on the all included and they were pleasant.

Wine is subjective, but we’ve had no problem finding something we like.

I really wish they would bring more local wines on board when they’re in wine-producing regions.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

Here’s the printed list for what it’s worth.

A81B56BA-3812-42E8-A982-51280062F6B9.thumb.jpeg.de5d7494a8e873d3cddc417d407563fb.jpeg

AFD010A5-7C78-4C5B-9AA3-6BFDCA120770.thumb.jpeg.35e753a11e41ea6253600fa70a5ff102.jpeg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Here’s the printed list for what it’s worth.

A81B56BA-3812-42E8-A982-51280062F6B9.thumb.jpeg.de5d7494a8e873d3cddc417d407563fb.jpeg

AFD010A5-7C78-4C5B-9AA3-6BFDCA120770.thumb.jpeg.35e753a11e41ea6253600fa70a5ff102.jpeg

Thanks but those wines are no the included ones. Those ones are already part of the most expensive ultimate package which has to be bought additionally at about US 23 per person per day.

Ivi

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Thanks but those wines are no the included ones. Those ones are already part of the most expensive ultimate package which has to be bought additionally at about US 23 per person per day.

Ivi

No wine list for the included, 2 white 2 red a rose and a sparkling, daily selection varies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Riocca said:

No wine list for the included, 2 white 2 red a rose and a sparkling, daily selection varies.

Thank you. I will be boarding the Pursuit in some days. I am not buying an additional beverage package because I do not drink much. But I am a wine drinker. I will be able then to ask the names of those daily changing included wines.

Pre Covid and pre new owners they had some standard wines repeating independently of the itinerary. We will see which ones are now. I think the new owners are also on the wines business? I am not sure if this is correct.

Ivi

5 hours ago, AJCM said:

As someone who expects to never get an invite to “Best Of The Best”, can someone outline who qualifies. With envy in my heart, I suspect it’s limited to those who can afford multiple cruises each year, owner’s suite or club ocean  suites. Is that right or do others get included? Just curious.

Yes normally the ten corner suites (Club World and Club Ocean) but sometimes some additional 'special guests' attend as we have witnessed at one of our Best of the Best dinners.

10 hours ago, Riocca said:

As regards the library space I’ve not seen it mentioned that there’s shelving both sides of the Living Room. One side currently has some books the other a few games but there’s plenty of space to build up the library as guests leave unwanted books, I remember Pursuits library was quite empty on the maiden.

The Library on Pursuit was extremely well stocked on our March and October cruises in 2019.

There is absolutely nowhere near the space for the same volume of books in the apparently designated area shown in photos of the Living Room.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baynanno1 said:

The Library on Pursuit was extremely well stocked on our March and October cruises in 2019.

There is absolutely nowhere near the space for the same volume of books in the apparently designated area shown in photos of the Living Room.

I have been trying to figure out if these bookshelves in the Living Room are reducing the view.

18 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

I have been trying to figure out if these bookshelves in the Living Room are reducing the view.

In the photo linked from an Azamara Facebook site, it looks to be located in the port side divider between walkway towards the bar and forward area of the Living Room and the port side seating area.

If I am correct, open spaces in the divider that were once occupied by various sculptures are now closed, removing the partial view from the walkway.

Perhaps someone who has been or is on board may be able to confirm or elaborate on my thoughts.

From the amount of light on the left of the photo the windows do not appear to be obstructed.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10227142336126979&set=gm.685621722657516

11 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

In the photo linked from an Azamara Facebook site, it looks to be located in the port side divider between walkway towards the bar and forward area of the Living Room and the port side seating area.

If I am correct, open spaces in the divider that were once occupied by various sculptures are now closed, removing the partial view from the walkway.

Perhaps someone who has been or is on board may be able to confirm or elaborate on my thoughts.

From the amount of light on the left of the photo the windows do not appear to be obstructed.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10227142336126979&set=gm.685621722657516

Thanks, not sure why but I can’t get the link to work.  So is this new library space where bridge is taught/played and the ships computers center is? (Starboard side).

2 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Thanks, not sure why but I can’t get the link to work.  So is this new library space where bridge is taught/played and the ships computers center is? (Starboard side).

Looks like port side to me (left side facing forward).

Sorry about the inability to see the photo. I couldn't either when I just tried - that is until I logged in to Facebook, then it was fine.

Edited by Baynanno1
additional information

58 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

Looks like port side to me (left side facing forward).

Sorry about the inability to see the photo. I couldn't either when I just tried - that is until I logged in to Facebook, then it was fine.

Onboard now, the shelving is both sides of the living room. Port side currently has some books, starboard side has some games but plenty of empty shelving. No doubt the number of books will increase over the coming months.

• Thanks 1

On 4/17/2022 at 7:06 PM, uktog said:

not in the UK - that would have avoided a lot of issues in the past

Our UK TA did this and we have received emails from AZ. Maybe things have changed...or your TA needs to be advised !!

On 5/11/2022 at 8:36 AM, Riocca said:

We are currently on Onward so are speaking from experience, the Atlas bar is a great place for a pre and after dinner drink and adds to the experience if you’re in the specialty restaurants. I would ask how many people sit and read in the library the evening? During the day the Atlas bar is open for those looking for a quiet space.

Tin hat on but we will be keen to see the Atlas bar added to all the ships.

Perhaps there could be a compromise scenario - why not call it the Library Bar - keep the painted ceiling and the dark wood shelving etc. and people can still use it during the daytime. 

• Like 5

On 5/11/2022 at 2:48 PM, Laganlady02 said:

Thank you @Riocca for your comments and observations as you are currently sailing on Onward. I am not sure why some posters are relying only on other social media posts and not taking an unbiased view. I assume many on board feel well looked after (allowing for the limitations) accepting this is a maiden voyage.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

We also are onboard and enjoyed the new Atlas bar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xcelsior said:

Perhaps there could be a compromise scenario - why not call it the Library Bar - keep the painted ceiling and the dark wood shelving etc. and people can still use it during the daytime. 

If the Atlas Bar is a success on Onward and Azamara wants to bring it to the other ships, I would think this would be the best of both worlds……if they could fit a proper bar in there somehow without taking out all the library shelves.  I just don’t know if it is possible, but that’s what I would favor.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

If the Atlas Bar is a success on Onward and Azamara wants to bring it to the other ships, I would think this would be the best of both worlds……if they could fit a proper bar in there somehow without taking out all the library shelves.  I just don’t know if it is possible, but that’s what I would favor.

Maybe it can be done. Is it OK to suggest maybe some different types of venues on the other ships. Maybe a good wine bar, a sports bar or an artisan pub.

Personally we never drink cocktails so wo would like to see some alternatives.

Edited by oddjob16

15 hours ago, Xcelsior said:

why not call it the Library Bar

I'm sorry to say, that is not safe. 

There can be no drinking and reading while onboard sea-going vessels.

People might get comfortable, doze off, and have interesting and adventurous dreams.

• Haha 8