CDC Changes Risk Level

B113

Always a catch to everything but I wish all the cruise lines would follow the same guidance. Carnival requires a test 3 days before cruising and RCI 2.

Edited by B113
addition

34 minutes ago, B113 said:

Always a catch to everything but I wish all the cruise lines would follow the same guidance. Carnival requires a test 3 days before cruising and RCI 2.

Nobody knows what tomorrow will bring.  That could all change.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, B113 said:

Royal also has the option of a 3 day test if you are fully vaccinated and boosted.  Otherwise it is a 2 day test.

44 minutes ago, B113 said:

2 minutes ago, mscinmia said:

Royal also has the option of a 3 day test if you are fully vaccinated and boosted.  Otherwise it is a 2 day test.

Actually, those of us on TAs that visit Spain only have 1 day to do the test. That has nothing to do with the CDC.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mscinmia said:

No they don’t - at least on U.S. sailings.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Actually they do. The optional CSO allows for a 3-day window for testing of vaccinated people. RC chose to stay with 2.

I thought it was the cdc recommendation of 2 days and 3 days for vaxxed and unvaxxed respectively. 

52 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

The CDC has the cruise industry by the azipods and is never going let go.  😲  

Let's not forget what a dumpster fire cruising was as the Covid pandemic started. Ships filled with sick people and no place to dock. Being careful to not let that happen again is not unreasonable. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SeattleAl said:

Let's not forget what a dumpster fire cruising was as the Covid pandemic started. Ships filled with sick people and no place to dock. Being careful to not let that happen again is not unreasonable. 

"Filled" with sick people?  Were there cases onboard?  Yes, were there plenty of non-sick people?  Yes.

Edited by BND
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

RC can't make any changes until the CDC lets them.

So right now cruise lines are being told "there's no risk in cruising" but at the same time "you have to do these 300 things to even be allowed to sail"

EXACTLY. No risk should mean no poke required 😎

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Actually they do. The optional CSO allows for a 3-day window for testing of vaccinated people. RC chose to stay with 2.

30 minutes ago, mscinmia said:

Actually they do it just started with the Wonder

Which will be sailing for Europe in mid April..

29 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I thought it was the cdc recommendation of 2 days and 3 days for vaxxed and unvaxxed respectively. 

Current requirements for all U.S. sailings posted on RCL’s website as of an hour ago still are at two days. 

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

This is great news thank you as we are travelling from Canada and would love to not have to test twice. Where might i find this info on the website?

27 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Current requirements for all U.S. sailings posted on RCL’s website as of an hour ago still are at two days

I'm getting on Wonder tomorrow and everything I have seen or been sent by RCCL says 2 days. So Orville is right on this. Maybe when she goes to Europe that changes?