CDC Changes Risk Level

B113

1 hour ago, mscinmia said:

Royal also has the option of a 3 day test if you are fully vaccinated and boosted.  Otherwise it is a 2 day test.

this is incorrect!!  Vaccinated has to test TWO days before sailing!!  This has not changed!!

Only the unvaxxed have a 3 day test window…

10 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

This news was from March 14, not today.  RCL has issued the same guidelines as before...2 days before cruise.  We just got that info from Royal last week for our comping cruises on the Anthem.

Us as well for our 4/17 Harmony cruise. To those who intimated that the requirement is now 3 days, those statements are not only incorrect, but also dangerous. If someone sees those statements and believes them and shows up at a U.S. port with a test dated 3 days out, they will be denied boarding.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Us as well for our 4/17 Harmony cruise. To those who intimated that the requirement is now 3 days, those statements are not only incorrect, but also dangerous. If someone sees those statements and believes them and shows up at a U.S. port with a test dated 3 days out, they will be denied boarding.

Exactly....  really this thread should just be deleted....it's spreading fake news.

3 hours ago, mscinmia said:

Royal also has the option of a 3 day test if you are fully vaccinated and boosted.  Otherwise it is a 2 day test.

The CDC gives this option. But RC chose to stick with 2 days for vaccinated. I assume because it'd be too much of a PITA at check in to confirm booster status when checking test result time frames.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, karena1 said:

Just wish they would stop the testing all together for people that are vaccinated.  We also have the booster.  It is time, especially if we are going to have to start paying for  them.

We just had our second (2nd) booster. Really, what is the purpose of testing 2 or 3 days early when you may test negative today or tomorrow? Then positive the day you board?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SeattleAl said:

Let's not forget what a dumpster fire cruising was as the Covid pandemic started. Ships filled with sick people and no place to dock. Being careful to not let that happen again is not unreasonable. 

The 'dumpster fire' was world-wide, NOT just on a couple of cruise ships.  The cruise ships were not 'originators' or 'causal' as that was on land.

It wasn't a 'dumpster fire' unique or specific to cruise ships; it was the world-wide introduction of a dangerous, previously unknown lethal virus, unprecedented in 100 years.

"Ships" or countries "filled with sick people?"  US airports in Seattle, LA, and predominantly Tri-NY NJ open with 'welcome arms.'

"Being careful to not let that happen again is not unreasonable" is good advice.

What was the source?

Stop that activity.

Yikes.

Edited by At Sea At Peace
  • Like 1

I take this as confirmation that the protocols have been working. I'm all for continued vax and testing for the short future. Not forever, but let's let a year go by with the current unmasked protocols and see what happens. There appears to be no problem filling ships under the current protocols. That's the bottom line for the business. Sell cruises, stay healthy, good PR, sell more cruises, make money. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

I take this as confirmation that the protocols have been working.

I don't think it has anything to do with that. Otherwise they never would have bumped cruising to a level 4 threat with the same protocols that were working then too

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SeattleAl said:

Let's not forget what a dumpster fire cruising was as the Covid pandemic started. Ships filled with sick people and no place to dock. Being careful to not let that happen again is not unreasonable. 

Actually, if you looked at the data the "dumpster fire" was largely manufactured, based on the number of passengers (and ships) who were actually sick relative to the number that were actually sailing in those weeks.

It was more of a "canary in a coal mine" event that triggered the eventual shutdown response.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

We just had our second (2nd) booster. Really, what is the purpose of testing 2 or 3 days early when you may test negative today or tomorrow? Then positive the day you board?

Because it at least stops those when are identified as sick 48 hours out from going on the cruise. Using your log c, they should require a test at the pier, but no one wants to get that far and be turned away 

4 hours ago, SeattleAl said:

No place to dock because the experts feared covid was much much worse than it turned out to be. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

I take this as confirmation that the protocols have been working. I'm all for continued vax and testing for the short future. Not forever, but let's let a year go by with the current unmasked protocols and see what happens. There appears to be no problem filling ships under the current protocols. That's the bottom line for the business. Sell cruises, stay healthy, good PR, sell more cruises, make money. 

Or, numbers are dropping naturally as they were expected to.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

Because it at least stops those when are identified as sick 48 hours out from going on the cruise. Using your log c, they should require a test at the pier, but no one wants to get that far and be turned away 

Problem is many people "identified as sick" aren't sick and otherwise never would have suspected they had covid. Meanwhile you can board with symptomatic flu, many common colds, RSV, etc, etc and no one notices

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, MommaBear55 said:

Again, you may test Negative today or tomorrow. Then Positive the day you board the ship. Cruise lines were testing at the port and I believe some are still testing at the port before you are allowed to board. People have been turned away at the pier many times. In fact, if you were a party of 2 or more, anyone in that party who tested Positive also caused the others in that party to be denied boarding. Even if they tested Negative. 

So, your logic? 

16 hours ago, orville99 said:

Agree, would be really messed up. 18 months ago was having procedure, CV Test was done 11 Min too soon so off I went to find and get 2nd. Both were the scratch the Brain, 2nd was worse since was really irritated from 1st one done. Cruising next wk and have 2 backup test plans just in case. As said have it scheduled 2 Days before Cruise but I'm also on Vision TA and that Test has to be only 1 Day before 

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

I believe the testing at port is only being done for certain people like unvaccinated children or if scheduled in advance.  The cruise lines do charge for this, more than other places do.

Agree, Testing at Port was Cheaper last Fall, they raised it up since then. But looks like lot people are scheduling Test there, at least on my Sailings. Not sure if it's primary or a Backup Test plan for some

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

I believe the testing at port is only being done for certain people like unvaccinated children or if scheduled in advance.  The cruise lines do charge for this, more than other places do.

Tested twice at port and everyone was tested free of charge. Regardless of vaccination status.

12 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, Testing at Port was Cheaper last Fall, they raised it up since then. But looks like lot people are scheduling Test there, at least on my Sailings. Not sure if it's primary or a Backup Test plan for some

Would not want to be one of those who wait to get tested until they are at the port and test positive😱

• Like 3