What happens if i test positive during cruise?

They don’t randomly test on board so not sure how they’d know unless you actually got sick enough to seek medical attention.  If so, then they will have you quarantined and that won’t be in your balcony cabin.

Edited by poocher
  • Like 1

Q

Will I need to isolate or quarantine onboard the ship if I test positive for COVID-19 or come in close contact with someone who does?

In the interest of public health onboard, we continue to follow U.S. CDC guidance. This includes requiring isolation and/or quarantine to prevent exposure to people who have or may have COVID-19. A guest that tests positive for COVID-19 will need to isolate onboard for a period of time — either until they can be safely disembarked at a port of call with private transport home, or when the sailing concludes back at the homeport where it started. Those guests who meet the threshold to be deemed a close contact will need to meet necessary quarantine and/or testing requirements based on their vaccination status.

Guests who must isolate due to a positive COVID-19 test result will be moved to a stateroom near the medical center where medical staff and Guest Services will check on them regularly. Complimentary amenities including room service and WiFi will be provided.

Once ashore you should follow all local, state and federal guidelines for isolation. For example, guests who have tested positive for COVID-19 onboard and are disembarking at a U.S. port should follow the latest isolation guidance provided by the U.S. CDC.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thefog said:

Can i still stay in my balcony room.

This may depend on the timing of the positive test - the new CSO rules I think allow guests to stay in cabin during the last day+ of the sailing, otherwise you go to one of the designated quarantine cabins.

• Like 1

You would need to be tested to test positive, and the only time you get a test, if you are with a known case, you know, a case that is really sick, and they went to sick bay and tested?  So the question is kind of a mute point, since they just don't randomly test you.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

This may depend on the timing of the positive test - the new CSO rules I think allow guests to stay in cabin during the last day+ of the sailing, otherwise you go to one of the designated quarantine cabins.

And do they still offer prorated credit if forced quarantine?   And when will that end?

17 minutes ago, topnole said:

And do they still offer prorated credit if forced quarantine?

And when will that end?

Yes.

Even before COVID, folks used to get some compensation if quarantined/isolated (like for noro), so I think that will continue indefinitely (though the compensation level may adjust).

• Like 2

So anyone have real answers?  Like where the quarantine cabins are on the various ships?  With capacity going up, how many cabins are being held back?

I just looked at the deck plans for LOS and can't find the medical center??  Probably just missed it?

I know we are all tired of dealing with covid, but the cruise lines are still requiring testing and proof of vaccination from cruisers.  Where is the proof of what they are doing?

4 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

So anyone have real answers?  Like where the quarantine cabins are on the various ships?  With capacity going up, how many cabins are being held back?

I just looked at the deck plans for LOS and can't find the medical center??  Probably just missed it?

I know we are all tired of dealing with covid, but the cruise lines are still requiring testing and proof of vaccination from cruisers.  Where is the proof of what they are doing?

The proof is in the threads from those affected on cruise critic.

4 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

The proof is in the threads from those affected on cruise critic.

True.  They seem to be very few reports....  Yet Royal has to have cabins set aside on each ship and on each cruise - that is the detail I am curious about.  Mainly because I just had a level six cabin assigned that I would have thought was reserved for quarantine.

Don't see many reports from the last month or so of people seeing the signs restricting access to cabins and areas.  Am I missing them?

25 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

It will vary by ship.

On Enchantment they were using deck 2 starboard forward and deck 2 mid-ship port and starboard.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

Like where the quarantine cabins are on the various ships?  With capacity going up, how many cabins are being held back?

About 80 cabins on deck 3 forward of Anthem. As mentioned, it varies by ship.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing the cabins that are reserved seem to be inside and outside ones.  Good to know not to assume you will get a balcony for quarantine.

Just for information, Princess is doing it differently; even seems to allow smoking on the balcony.

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

About 80 cabins on deck 3 forward of Anthem. As mentioned, it varies by ship.

Horrible if true.  HAL & Princess have balcony cabins set aside.  If quarantined Royal should at least give the person the opportunity to get fresh air.  Stuck in a room with their lousy TV would make many nutty, including me....ugh... 

Edited by Gracie115

33 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Horrible if true.  HAL & Princess have balcony cabins set aside.  If quarantined Royal should at least give the person the opportunity to get fresh air.  Stuck in a room with their lousy TV would make many nutty, including me....ugh... 

Welcome to 2021 when this was beaten to death then in several threads.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

What is your point?  Where do you stand?

I can deal with an inside cabin but many can not.  Current information is imprtant.

I think the point is if a passenger doesn't want the [small] risk of being quarantined in a cabin of the cruise line's choice, they probably shouldn't cruise.

• Like 3

A person I know tested positive the last sea day and was confined to their existing balcony on Anthem last week..   They were tested because they were doing a b2b cruise.   

As said it varies ship by ship and I haven't read any threads since probably February saying they were quarantined in middle of their cruise.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

What is your point?  Where do you stand?

I can deal with an inside cabin but many can not.  Current information is imprtant.

The information is current and not much different from last year. The CDC CSO was modified a bit so that late in the sailing you might be able to stay in your cabin, otherwise you are very likely to move to an inside quarantine cabin. 

Biker, who usually just presents the facts not his personal opinions. 

• Like 3