Celebrity Europe Travel Requirements --- For Your Viewing Pleasure!

jwlane

16 hours ago, Virginia100 said:

I just called Celebrity CS. They said the new 1 day prior testing is protocol thru May 31 sailings. Sailings after this date will have protocols updated the first week of May. My Rome cruise FP is May 10 for August 8. I asked for extension of FP as I cannot pay for a cruise I do not know the protocols and for which the Cruise With Confidence still requires 48 hour cancellation, not one day. CS said they are now aware of CWC inconsistency with required testing for Italy snd Spain. I should call back for an update the first week of May and if testing not changed to 2 days ask for an extension of FP then. Either my current reservations all made based on 2 day prior testing will need to be changed if possible or I simply cancel.they did not know why the 1 day testing instead of 2 was made. A real mess,

That is really confusing since the material attached to the web page also has other European cruises included after the May. 

14 hours ago, Virginia100 said:

Well, at least I found out the European Union Healthy Guidelines (EUHG) are the ones setting the 1 day prior to embarkation testing requirements. With that these rules are fixed for the summer. On Princess due to this testing timeline, Covid testing at the terminal will be complimentary. Celebrity??

Those aren't mandatory. Each country can have their own definitions. Some countries have the pre-testing, some don't. 

46 minutes ago, bremenkat said:

Below is the message I sent to Celebrity and the response I got from Jack. 

Hello

I have just seen the updated Southampton travel requirements for this summer. As up to date guests we have to take a pre-arrival test. On the website it only provides details of a test kit provided in the US. 
Can you advise which kits we can use for UK customers? Are there any restrictions on the companies we can use as there are various suppliers in the UK who offer tests with digital/hard copy certificates? 

Many thanks

Hi 

Thank you for your message,

We do not have any recommended providers for the UK.

As long as they provide your result on a certificate that can be emailed to you that is perfect.

Thanks,

Jack

so definitely not going to be US FDA approved but then even the info on Celebrity UK is geared more to the US than the UK. 

The safest option will be to choose a test that would be of the same type required to fly to the USA. ie a video observed lateral flow test 😁

4 hours ago, iandjm said:

Only fully vaccinated passengers need to be tested *at the terminal*, at their own expense.  All up to date passengers need to have a test result in their hand when checking in for the cruise.  Hope this helps. 

What's the difference?

What a mess this whole matter is!  And it's getting messier and messier instead of (at least slowly) going away.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

What's the difference?

What a mess this whole matter is!  And it's getting messier and messier instead of (at least slowly) going away.

Fully vaxxed is two jabs more than 270 days old 

Up to  date is two jabs plus booster

or two jabs only within the 270 day window

Edited by sgmn

So now Celebrity seem to be giving different info re U.K. covid test. Now saying needs to be a supervised test. This is the latest from their staff member Jack. 

Thank you for your message

Please see testing requirements below

•    There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests and we accept either one: 
o    A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test
o    An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test
•    The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth representative.
•    You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes provider name, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Handwritten doctor’s notes will not be accepted.

Thanks,

Jack

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

So now Celebrity seem to be giving different info re U.K. covid test. Now saying needs to be a supervised test. This is the latest from their staff member Jack. 

•    There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests and we accept either one: 
•    The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth representative.
•    You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes provider name, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Handwritten doctor’s notes will not be accepted.

Thanks,

Jack

Tests have always had to be supervised 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

Thanks,

Jack

For our May Silhouette cruise out of Southampton we've gone with the supervised tests from Qured (£29 each). They're the ones recommended by British Airways and American Airlines for entry into the USA and their FAQs say they have emergency FDA approval. That seems to cover all of Celebrity's current requirements!

• Like 2

Unfortunately, the only constant is change.  I think all the changes are testing our resilience and desire to cruise.  I keep updating my spreadsheet...just kidding!  

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi everyone,

A couple of questions, just for clarification.

Looking at the latest published advice from Celebrity for cruises from Southampton Travel Requirements for Southampton Cruises | Celebrity Cruises, under the section 

Sailing Testing Requirements:

Pre-Arrival/Embarkation Covid-19 Test

it says

"Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR test result taken between 11 and less than 180 days prior to the sail date in order to board. The Certificate of Recovery can be presented as an NHS COVID Pass, EU Certificate of Recovery or as a letter from a healthcare provider. In addition, you must still present a vaccination card. Please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination. We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record.***"

I'm confused as to what the effect of the inclusion of this statement is and what the presentation of a Certificate of Recovery at the terminal will be.

I've checked the NHS app and this, for us, now includes on the NHS Covid Pass for travel, confirmation that we have both recovered following a positive PCR test (which will be less than 180 days before the end of our cruise), as well as confirmation of our vaccination status (2 primary doses + booster). I've also checked the .gov.uk website and this confirms that the Proof of recovery will be held on the record for 180 days.

So, my question is, is Celebrity saying that if you have a valid Certificate of Recovery, this means that you don't need to have a pre-cruise Covid-19 test?

A second question - can I also ask if it is also now understood / agreed that, with regard to vaccination status, 2 primary doses + booster, no matter when the booster was received (i.e. the booster could be more than 270 days before the end of the cruise), this qualifies as Up to Date?

"*European definition of Up to Date: vaccinated within 9 months (270 days) of final dose in primary series OR boosted. The 270 days must extend to the final day of the cruise. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation."

The reason I ask is that I've seen some posts referring to discussions with Celebrity Customer Services that say 270 days is a cut off for the booster as well, but this isn't what the website says  (although the wording could be clearer).

3 minutes ago, RobertybobUK said:

Hi everyone,

A couple of questions, just for clarification.

Looking at the latest published advice from Celebrity for cruises from Southampton Travel Requirements for Southampton Cruises | Celebrity Cruises, under the section 

Sailing Testing Requirements:

Pre-Arrival/Embarkation Covid-19 Test

it says

"Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR test result taken between 11 and less than 180 days prior to the sail date in order to board. The Certificate of Recovery can be presented as an NHS COVID Pass, EU Certificate of Recovery or as a letter from a healthcare provider. In addition, you must still present a vaccination card. Please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination. We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record.***"

I'm confused as to what the effect of the inclusion of this statement is and what the presentation of a Certificate of Recovery at the terminal will be.

I've checked the NHS app and this, for us, now includes on the NHS Covid Pass for travel, confirmation that we have both recovered following a positive PCR test (which will be less than 180 days before the end of our cruise), as well as confirmation of our vaccination status (2 primary doses + booster). I've also checked the .gov.uk website and this confirms that the Proof of recovery will be held on the record for 180 days.

So, my question is, is Celebrity saying that if you have a valid Certificate of Recovery, this means that you don't need to have a pre-cruise Covid-19 test?

A second question - can I also ask if it is also now understood / agreed that, with regard to vaccination status, 2 primary doses + booster, no matter when the booster was received (i.e. the booster could be more than 270 days before the end of the cruise), this qualifies as Up to Date?

"*European definition of Up to Date: vaccinated within 9 months (270 days) of final dose in primary series OR boosted. The 270 days must extend to the final day of the cruise. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation."

The reason I ask is that I've seen some posts referring to discussions with Celebrity Customer Services that say 270 days is a cut off for the booster as well, but this isn't what the website says  (although the wording could be clearer).

Yes, if you have the booster it is qualified as “up to date” regardless of when it was received. 

The letter of recovery is a letter from your doctor or even health department stating that you had Covid, isolated, recovered and are fit to travel. If you had Covid it has to be between 11 and 180 days ago (which is great because in the US it’s only 90 days). You also have to have a copy of the positive test proving that you had it. Those 2 items, along with vaccine proof means you don’t have to test before boarding…..hope that all made sense! 

39 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Yes, if you have the booster it is qualified as “up to date” regardless of when it was received. 

The letter of recovery is a letter from your doctor or even health department stating that you had Covid, isolated, recovered and are fit to travel. If you had Covid it has to be between 11 and 180 days ago (which is great because in the US it’s only 90 days). You also have to have a copy of the positive test proving that you had it. Those 2 items, along with vaccine proof means you don’t have to test before boarding…..hope that all made sense! 

Thanks Purplsmurf, you have confirmed our interpretation perfectly.

We are quite surprised at the 180 days - that is potentially a sizable number of people who may be able to board without the need for a test - it was estimated that about 1 in 13 people in the UK were infected last week alone, although community testing has now ended and so the ability to obtain a Certificate of Recovery via the UK's national health service (NHS) is now restricted.  I'm not sure how much less likely you are to test positive at the point of embarkation having tested positive up to 6 months previously, but there you go. There are lots of people out there who are much more knowledgeable about these things than me.

As ever, the rules may well change again before we cruise in August, so we are aware of that too.  

Thanks again for your prompt and informative reply. Much appreciated.

On 4/11/2022 at 10:21 PM, str6 said:

So Celebrity is letting all kids 12 and under cruise without vaccinations if you are from any other country but the US--- but requiring all American children over 5 be vaccinated??  It should be across the board 12 and under not vaccinated-- not discriminating against Americans!  

For U.S. Guests – Ages 5 and older must be fully vaccinated with last primary dose administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation.

For Guests from All Other Countries Other than the U.S. - Ages 12 and older must be fully vaccinated with last primary dose administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation. 

Unbelievable 

20 minutes ago, klfhngr said:

So if I'm fully boosted, but caught Covid in January, I don't need to take a test 1 day before boarding in Italy?

That's exactly my situation and I expect to HAVE TO take a test one day before since I meet the boosted qualification. January covid doesnt really matter

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, klfhngr said:

So if I'm fully boosted, but caught Covid in January, I don't need to take a test 1 day before boarding in Italy?

@klfhngr: You should take a look at the FAQs for Certificate or Recovery, on this page.  As I read it, Celebrity now accepts a Certificate of Recovery for all cruises, for at least 90 days after the positive test, and in some international cases, 180 days.  For Italy, as I read it, you have a 180 day window.  So a January infection may or may not work for you, depending on when and where you will be cruising. 

Please note that you need to have 2 things to go this route: a positive PCR test (an antigen test will not work for this) + a Certificate of Recovery (basically an official letter from your doctor or other specified health professionals).  

Tom & Judy

• Like 1

Hi all

Sorry to add to the confusion re. all of this, but after some advice. My partner and I are boosted so 'up to date'. We are sailing on the edge in June from Rome, but are flying to Rome a couple of days before and staying in a hotel. 

We were thinking we could order one of these telehealth kits from the UK, take it with us and then do it (over zoom or whatever) from our hotel in Rome the day before the cruise. 

Would this work? Otherwise we are asking celebrity if we can test at the port, but still waiting for this answer!

• Like 3

We are on the Edge Transatlantic in October from Rome to Ft Lauderdale! We are going to order the tests from emed since we will need to test one day before boarding! Since the ship departs on a Monday not sure how easy it would be to find a testing location on a Sunday there! 
Also before leaving the ship in Ft Lauderdale will also need to test! 
Home Tests sold on Celebrity for 3 boxes (total 3 tests) is $99.95 but on emed 3 boxes (6 tests) cost $150. Celebrity charges according to website $55 per test at pier or on ship ! For the two of us it could be expensive having them test us! When it gets near our cruise will order from emed.

40 minutes ago, LJJQ said:

Also before leaving the ship in Ft Lauderdale will also need to test! 

Since you live in NY, why would you be required to test before disembarkation?  Right now the only testing requirements to enter the U.S. are for those flying in. 

According to Celebrity website my cruise from Rome to Ft Lauderdale will require three tests! First will be one day before embarkation, one port visit and one in Ft Lauderdale! It may change before October but as of April 11th this is what’s required!

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/europe-travel-requirements

1 hour ago, Pepilachat said:

Hi all

Sorry to add to the confusion re. all of this, but after some advice. My partner and I are boosted so 'up to date'. We are sailing on the edge in June from Rome, but are flying to Rome a couple of days before and staying in a hotel. 

We were thinking we could order one of these telehealth kits from the UK, take it with us and then do it (over zoom or whatever) from our hotel in Rome the day before the cruise. 

Would this work? Otherwise we are asking celebrity if we can test at the port, but still waiting for this answer!

Use caution with what you’re told by Celebrity Customer Service. The left hand doesn’t seem to know what the right hand is doing concerning the new health policies. The reports back here have been all over the board. I personally would not chance testing at the port for “up to date” guests unless it’s printed in black and white on their website. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pepilachat said:

Hi all

We are the same, we have ordered video supervised tests from Qured to take with us to Rome and do the day before we board. We used a BA discount code BATRAVEL20