Bonaire cancellation?

I read on another website that Royal has cancelled Bonaire on Explorer sailings through July, 2022 and replaced it with Grand Cayman.  Two people responded that this happened to their August sailings as well.  We have not received any notice from Royal and wondered if anyone else has, specifically for August 6.  It still shows Bonaire on the website but who knows if that's up to date.  Thank you in advance.

On the 10/1/22 8 day Explorer, for that last couple of weeks the search for cruise "header" showed Labadee, Aruba and Curacao, but still showed Bonaire in the itinerary.  Today, the header was back to normal including Bonaire.  I haven't received any e-mails about a change but still several months out.

2 hours ago, Cruiser24 said:

I read on another website that Royal has cancelled Bonaire on Explorer sailings through July, 2022 and replaced it with Grand Cayman.  Two people responded that this happened to their August sailings as well.  We have not received any notice from Royal and wondered if anyone else has, specifically for August 6.  It still shows Bonaire on the website but who knows if that's up to date.  Thank you in advance.

I received the notice for the Aug 6 sailing yesterday and so did my clients on that sailing.  Bonaire is replaced 

I was ready to make the best of this, and still intend too, but my concern is with the possibility Aruba and Curacao may block us out as well. If so, we will have a very expensive flight and hotel to pay for and only get a Western Caribbean cruise to show for it. I can drive 2 hours to Galveston and get that. The ABC cruise has been a bucket list cruise we were really excited about. Hoping this doesn't turn out that way...

• Like 2

Regarding "why", someone on facebook forwarded this; "someone said on another group that they were on the phone with RC and it is a confirmed change from April 30 thru August. It’s due specifically to changed in the vaccine protocols in Bonaire. So it sounds like RC was forced to make the change."

We just visited Bonaire on a Princess cruise.(April 2022)

We were told to take government issued ID and they insisted on seeing our vaccine certificates to get off the ship. Maybe it’s all too much fuss.

To me Bonaire being changed would not be a great loss.

We are scheduled to do the ABC's on the Mariner departing May 7th.  We have not been notified of any change as of yet.  If it's actually a Covid issue, I would think we would have been notified by now?

12 minutes ago, keacat said:

We are scheduled to do the ABC's on the Mariner departing May 7th.  We have not been notified of any change as of yet.  If it's actually a Covid issue, I would think we would have been notified by now?

We are on this same sailing….

We were on the Explorer and at Bonaire on 25 March. We were instructed to take our vaccination cards with us. The port agents checked our vaccination cards once we were off the ship and before entering the port area. Good time in Bonaire. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I received the notice for the Aug 6 sailing yesterday and so did my clients on that sailing.  Bonaire is replaced 

Thank you, Ken.  If we cancel under CWC, we would get FCC instead of a refund, correct? Can we book a replacement cruise, use the same booking number  and still get double points?

3 minutes ago, Cruiser24 said:

Thank you, Ken.  If we cancel under CWC, we would get FCC instead of a refund, correct? Can we book a replacement cruise, use the same booking number  and still get double points?

Yes, if you cancel under CWC you would get an FCC and not a refund. 

You would have to move your reservation in order to keep the same booking number to another sailing in 2022.  You should be able to do this without penalty under CWC

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, if you cancel under CWC you would get an FCC and not a refund. 

You would have to move your reservation in order to keep the same booking number to another sailing in 2022.  You should be able to do this without penalty under CWC

Thank you😊

14 hours ago, Cruiser24 said:

We are on the August 6th sailing and were bummed to learn that we will be missing Bonaire and also the entire morning of our day in Curacao to be replaced with Grand Cayman.  Below is the email we received yesterday.

Dear Guest,

Due to a change in itinerary planning, we’ve replaced our visit to Kralendijk, Bonaire with George Town, Grand Cayman on Monday, and we’ll lose a little time in Willemstad, Curacao. We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. Nevertheless, we’re excited to take you to a new port and know you’ll have an excellent time! Below, please find our revised Explorer of the Seas August 6th, 2022 itinerary.

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Sat

Miami, Florida

4:00 PM

Sun

Cruising

Mon

George Town, Grand Cayman

7:00 AM

4:00 PM

Tue

Cruising

Wed

Willemstad, Curacao

12:30 PM

8:00 PM

Thu

Oranjestad, Aruba

8:00 AM

8:00 PM

Fri

Cruising

Sat

Cruising

Sun

Miami, Florida

7:00 AM

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yeah, we are some of those clients Ken mentioned who are on that sailing and got the sad news yesterday.  Fingers crossed that things change over the next couple of months, and they reinstate the original itinerary, but I am not holding my breath on that one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been to all of the ports for the Aug. 6 cruise except for Curacoa, even with this change. If they change Curacoa it may be a deal breaker for me which will really mess me up because I am doing the next sailing Aug. 14 also.