Premium Wine and Cocktail List

TV Dad

Does anyone have a recent Silversea wine and cocktail list they can post? I'm wondering what the premium wines and alcohol pours are... And what the upcharge is for them. We're not cruising until July, so I'm sure there will be some changes. But I'm a first time Silversea cruiser and I'd like a rough idea.

Thanks In Advance!

Samina, true except if your cruise embarks in Spain or Portugal.  On the Dawn voyage from April 1-18 (Lisbon to Rome) I paid 10%+ VAT tax and therefore every connoisseur bottle of Wine I enjoyed (e.g, Ridge ($50), Don Melchor ($119), Penfolds ($100), Tomassi ($100), et. al) was overpriced.

Edited by WesW
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Take a look through the Cruise Critic on Silver Dawn thread at the top of the forum. Chris from Cruise Critic posted photos of the premium wine lists and various bar menus.  Cheers! 

Thanks

Nice looking list mostly at very reasonable prices 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, Lois R said:

9 more days and I will be partaking in some of those cocktails😀Loving the menus🙂

Only 213 more days for us 😬 but at least we’re back to cruising.  Where are you off to this time?

10 hours ago, Randyk47 said:

Only 213 more days for us 😬 but at least we’re back to cruising.  Where are you off to this time?

Good morning Randy, going to Barcelona......sailing all around Spain along with stops in Gibraltar and Morocco.  Where are you going? I saw you posted you will be a b2b to the Caribbean? What ship and when are your sailings?

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning Randy, going to Barcelona......sailing all around Spain along with stops in Gibraltar and Morocco.  Where are you going? I saw you posted you will be a b2b to the Caribbean? What ship and when are your sailings?

After a five to six hour burst of texts, emails, and phone we and our best friends and cruise partners settled on two back-to-back 7-day cruises on the Silver Dawn starting 16 January 2023 out of Ft Lauderdale ending in San Juan.  We maybe considered seven or eight cruises but they were either fully booked, too long, too short, or too distant.   Not that both couples haven’t done the Caribbean almost to death with at least us having 300+ days on Carnival, Celebrity, Holland America, and Silversea in the Caribbean but it was the best we all could agree on.  Helped that the Dawn is a new ship and the first “Muse” class we will be on.   Turned out to center more on relaxation than destination.   

Love Barcelona and indeed our first Silversea cruise was a 14-day cruise on the Silver Wind Barcelona to Istanbul back in 2012.  Hooked us on Silversea and 11 Silversea cruises later it is obviously our cruise line of choice.   

26 minutes ago, Randyk47 said:

After a five to six hour burst of texts, emails, and phone we and our best friends and cruise partners settled on two back-to-back 7-day cruises on the Silver Dawn starting 16 January 2023 out of Ft Lauderdale ending in San Juan.  We maybe considered seven or eight cruises but they were either fully booked, too long, too short, or too distant.   Not that both couples haven’t done the Caribbean almost to death with at least us having 300+ days on Carnival, Celebrity, Holland America, and Silversea in the Caribbean but it was the best we all could agree on.  Helped that the Dawn is a new ship and the first “Muse” class we will be on.   Turned out to center more on relaxation than destination.   

Love Barcelona and indeed our first Silversea cruise was a 14-day cruise on the Silver Wind Barcelona to Istanbul back in 2012.  Hooked us on Silversea and 11 Silversea cruises later it is obviously our cruise line of choice.   

We are going to miss each other again..........I have the Jan 5th cruise booked out of Ft. Lauderdale.......it ends on Jan 16th............

7 minutes ago, Lois R said:

We are going to miss each other again..........I have the Jan 5th cruise booked out of Ft. Lauderdale.......it ends on Jan 16th............

This is like the second or third where we’re be getting off or on when the other is getting off or on.   On of these cruises we’ll sync up!  🤪😀

Currently on a short 7 night trip on Silver Spirit in the Adriatic. 

A little whine about the wine. 

On day 1 managed to track down a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc for my wife. 

This happened to be last bottle on board. No other NZ Sauvignon Blanc on board, other the $50 Cloudy Bay option. 

I find it staggering that a luxury line has run out of a staple offering of many wine lists around the world.

Being offered plenty of Chilean Chardonnay though. It’s been the first wine offered on each of the first three nights in three different restaurants. if they offer it again tonight, my wife may scream! 

• Like 1

I hesitate to mention it, but is it  just possible that a Chilean Chardonnay is going to be a less expensive wine  than a NZ Sauvignon Blanc?

I tend to agree with your wife, in that although I enjoy both grapes, at the lower end of the price range a Sauvignon Blanc (even from South Africa) is a pleasanter drink than a Chilean Chardonnay.

Lola

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NeilP57 said:

Currently on a short 7 night trip on Silver Spirit in the Adriatic. 

A little whine about the wine. 

On day 1 managed to track down a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc for my wife. 

This happened to be last bottle on board. No other NZ Sauvignon Blanc on board, other the $50 Cloudy Bay option. 

I find it staggering that a luxury line has run out of a staple offering of many wine lists around the world.

Being offered plenty of Chilean Chardonnay though. It’s been the first wine offered on each of the first three nights in three different restaurants. if they offer it again tonight, my wife may scream! 

I was under the impression that you could ask for any of the wines off the complimentary list at any time.  Is that not the case and they only offer one complimentary white & red wine at meals?

3 minutes ago, DCCruiser57 said:

You can always get any wine you like off of the complimentary list.  It's just that they pick out selections to pair with the entrees.

Thanks.  Isn't there usually a higher quality (French) Chardonnay on the list?  I also recall seeing decent Albarinos & Greco di Tufos.  It is unacceptable to have no Sauvignon Blanc.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RetiredandTravel said:

I was under the impression that you could ask for any of the wines off the complimentary list at any time.  Is that not the case and they only offer one complimentary white & red wine at meals?

Indeed you can always ask but if they haven’t got what you want ……. My wife wanted NZ Sauvignon Blanc and was disappointed none were available. 

They have plenty of other white wines for you to try. 

14 minutes ago, RetiredandTravel said:

We often have not cared for the initial complementary wine offered.  I can’t remember a time that the sommelier didn’t ask what we didn’t like about the wine and what did we like in a wine.  Almost without exception they have recommended another complimentary wine or two and went off to get a bottle.  Off the top of my head I remember Ace recommended a wine that we all liked and he provided that wine or one he thought very similar throughout the cruise.  We liked one wine so much we actually found it back on shore and continued to buy it until the vintage was no longer available.   Might add we have had sommeliers recommend non-complimentary wines based on our feedback.   As I recall those recommendations have not been on the ridiculous expensive list.  We’re far from sophisticated wine connoisseurs but we know what we like and don’t like.  

• Like 1