Anyone seeing any Covid counts on RC ships?

1 hour ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Hope they are ok but are they sick with what is more like a cold? Everyone I know who has had it recently were fine in a few days. 

Some have been in bed for days---this is an older couple in their 90's---regardless--a positive test will keep me off the ship 😞

• Like 1

Just last week our PowerPump instructor a vibrant and healthy vaccinated late 40 years old has covid19! Out for some time!

It’s still a threat to our health. Double vaccinated and double boosted here!
Biggest concern is new grand daughter. being careful

. Plus wife stage 3 cancer survivor missing lymph nodes both sides.

Plus over 65 years young!
We’re bringing our masks 😷 on cruise next week.

Plus covid19 test for use in room.

Heard about a lady yanked from room after getting covid19 onboard!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Turn off the TV and stay off the internet news sites for a while.

Best advice ever!  And as one poster reported cases in immediate family at least you know that is real; local info is the best.  All the other reports are questionable, double counting, exaggerations to get attention?  who knows?  Thanks for all for sharing your recent first hand experiences.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

Covid seems to be on the rise almost everywhere in the USA. Please oh please can we get to May 28th without incident. Unfortunately I forsee masking coming back 😕 

Although not required any more, I still mask up when I go out in public.

• Like 8

An addendum to my previous note. My sister-in-law who lives in an upscale senior complex who has required her visitors to be vaxxed/boosted/tested before visiting her, tested positive this week. So much for precautions.

1 hour ago, cementhands said:

Just last week our PowerPump instructor a vibrant and healthy vaccinated late 40 years old has covid19! Out for some time!

It’s still a threat to our health. Double vaccinated and double boosted here!
Biggest concern is new grand daughter. being careful

. Plus wife stage 3 cancer survivor missing lymph nodes both sides.

Plus over 65 years young!
We’re bringing our masks 😷 on cruise next week.

Plus covid19 test for use in room.

Heard about a lady yanked from room after getting covid19 onboard!

More than 5 days they were out? I don't know anyone anymore that misses work for more than 5 days which is the amount of time they suggest you take.

6 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Best advice ever!  And as one poster reported cases in immediate family at least you know that is real; local info is the best.  All the other reports are questionable, double counting, exaggerations to get attention?  who knows?  Thanks for all for sharing your recent first hand experiences.

In the medical practice I work in , the cases are exploding again. And many healthy, young, vaccinated and boosted with no comorbidities are getting quite sick. Not hospitalized, but not simple cold symptoms either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

Covid seems to be on the rise almost everywhere in the USA. Please oh please can we get to May 28th without incident. Unfortunately I forsee masking coming back 😕 

Positive cases will always go up and down.   The majority of people are asymptotic and cold like symptoms for most that get ill, very few in hospitals.   I see 0 reason for masking to return on land or sea.

Positive thinking😃

7 hours ago, jeh10641 said:

An addendum to my previous note. My sister-in-law who lives in an upscale senior complex who has required her visitors to be vaxxed/boosted/tested before visiting her, tested positive this week. So much for precautions.

Does every worker there have to be vaccinated?    As we all know. Vaccinated doesn't mean you won't get it.  

I hope your SIL is ok!

I was at a dentist office today with 2 dentists, couple hygienists, office workers, etc and only the dentist wore a mask when in room with patients..  no one else was wearing mask, same for waiting room.    I was actually surprised  then I heard a girlfriend say she went to her PCP today and only the doc had on a mask, nurses, receptionist no mask.    Did medical offices in PA just start this week with little or no masking?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was at a dentist office today with 2 dentists, couple hygienists, office workers, etc and only the dentist wore a mask when in room with patients..  no one else was wearing mask, same for waiting room.    I was actually surprised  then I heard a girlfriend say she went to her PCP today and only the doc had on a mask, nurses, receptionist no mask.    Did medical offices in PA just start this week with little or no masking?

Still masking in all medical offices we have been in here in VA, even at the Vet for the cats.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

At Cleveland Clinic in S. Florida everyone must wear a mask. Workers and patients or you don't get in.

• Like 4

Recently flew to Arizona with mask mandatory on plane both ways, back in April 2022. No mask in AZ. Coming back to northeast tons of 😷 Funny thing is everywhere is different, even locally. Went to concert in college town indoors no mask. Went to see another band at bar no masks! Go to another town mask required to enter building! Doctors office same mask required. Some nurses question booster too! Remember the flu shot only last so long, a friend of ours, a nurse always waiting until mid November to get flu shot.

My mother living in upscale My Inheritance Nursing Home got covid19, fully vaccinated and booster, survived age 93!

Spanish Flu went away maybe covid19 is here to stay

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, hazeleyes46 said:

More than 5 days they were out? I don't know anyone anymore that misses work for more than 5 days which is the amount of time they suggest you take.

5 day quarantine is the updated CDC guideline and returning to work is day 6 if they don't have a fever or escalated symptos.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hazeleyes46 said:

I was still testing positive on day 9, not sure if I was still contagious but this was Feb when the advice was five days and two negative tests or 10 days. 

Now it's highly suggested you quarantine,  not mandatory 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, silversneakers said:

5 day quarantine is the updated CDC guideline and returning to work is day 6 if they don't have a fever or escalated symptos.

Yes one of my coworkers tested positive on a Friday and came back on a Wednesday.

28 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I was still testing positive on day 9, not sure if I was still contagious but this was Feb when the advice was five days and two negative tests or 10 days. 

Now it's highly suggested you quarantine,  not mandatory 

To go back to work? I thought you could still test positive for 3 months so they don't want you to test again so soon? I know a coworker who tested positive in December was not allowed to test again until March. They were allowed to come back to work but we were working from home at that time so they didn't lose any time in the office.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hazeleyes46 said:

To go back to work? I thought you could still test positive for 3 months so they don't want you to test again so soon? I know a coworker who tested positive in December was not allowed to test again until March. They were allowed to come back to work but we were working from home at that time so they didn't lose any time in the office.

No I'm retired. I wanted to go to a party so I was testing every day from day 5 to 9. The party was on day 10.  As I was still positive I didn't go and stopped testing at day 9 as you needed two clear days testing .

Next time I tested was to fly a month later, I was negative then.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sgmn said:

No I'm retired. I wanted to go to a party so I was testing every day from day 5 to 9. The party was on day 10.  As I was still positive I didn't go and stopped testing at day 9 as you needed two clear days testing .

Next time I tested was to fly a month later, I was negative then.

Ahh ok, probably too soon to test and that is why you kept getting positive results even if you were not. 

2 hours ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Yes, you can possibly test positive again for up to 90 days. Most companies will give you the 90 day test exemption as if you continued to test positive it would just be a revolving door in/out of work.

22 hours ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Might be in hospital now! Hard to work from there. Each person has different reactions to covid19. We lost 6 friends and family members. It’s a terrible thing.🙏

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cementhands said:

Might be in hospital now! Hard to work from there. Each person has different reactions to covid19. We lost 6 friends and family members. It’s a terrible thing.🙏

So sorry. All the ones at work have come back so all good 🙂 Actually I have a coworker with other issues and they were working from their hospital bed lol 🙂

2 hours ago, cementhands said:

Back at the beginning?  It's a very different illness now.  We lost no one and neither did most people I know. Several extended family members actually caught it way back when but only one was hospitalized and that was for pneumonia but he only needed oxygen, antibiotics and steroids and made a full recovery.   Most family members went into work (no choice due to careers-one is an RN and others work in a secure environment)

Edited by BND
  • Like 1