Anyone seeing any Covid counts on RC ships?

When we were on LOTS a couple of weeks ago we saw them doing a deep cleaning of the cabin across the hall from us so we're assuming that they cruisers were quarantined because of Covid. Today I saw where Princess had 143 cases on 1 15 day cruise. Is anyone seeing any counts that show how well RC is doing?

We're going again in a couple of weeks and don't plan on canceling ourselves.

I think there are cases on every cruise line and some ships have more than others. On the Princess board they are currently talking about two ships sailing which have cases and one cruise was cut short because of the amount of people on board who were positive.  I think if you keep practicing your safety measures you should be fine.  My last cruise was five days and everyone onboard made sure to wear makes when they were indoors and outdoors they took them off.  At dinner people would remove masks once at their table

I recently tested positive while on RCCL cruise, I asked the doctor if they had very many other positive cases on our cruise.  The doctor did not give me any numbers but said they always have positive cases on every cruise either guests or crew or both.  She said their goal is zero positive but they have not reached it yet.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

The most important count is...  zero. 

Zero severe symptoms requiring hospitalization.  

While true--being quarantined on a ship because you contract COVID or are a close contact with someone, whether or not you're symptomatic, is not my idea of fun. 

Edited by doppelganger2621
  • Like 7

24 minutes ago, doppelganger2621 said:

While true--being quarantined on a ship because you contract COVID or are a close contact with someone, whether or not you're symptomatic, is not my idea of fun. 

And that protocol needs to go away before "normal" really returns.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Are people running to the medical to get tested? 

I mean not that I saw when I was there on Freedom on Sat/Sun. I had to have 2 tests done because I was severely sick. They do not go far up into the nose either when you like they barely go into the nostril at all TBH.

4 minutes ago, Flipchild32 said:

I mean not that I saw when I was there on Freedom on Sat/Sun. I had to have 2 tests done because I was severely sick. They do not go far up into the nose either when you like they barely go into the nostril at all TBH.

So how do these people know they have covid? They test negative to get on the ship. Yes, rapid and PCR tests don't go all the way back.

Lots of people currently in quarantine on the vision of the sea. They will not give an exact count but everyday crew members are missing and I’ve personally seen 12 people removed from their cabins on my floor. 5 days ago we were told by RCL that they had 72 people in quarantine but now they will not tell us.  They are making quite a few announcements looking for passengers that have tested positive to contact medical immediately. Lots of different names.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

B2b we were tested on Jewel this am. Negative. Told no positives. Also the entire crew tested negative the previous day. Now this doesn't mean there aren't any other cases.  Seeing more officers in public than we saw in December. 

9 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

This is literally an impossible task as long as people are encouraged to get tested for any cold symptom.

That’s like saying if we don’t do mammograms, we wont see so much breast cancer?  I recall someone else using the mentality that “we need to stop testing” .  

I appreciate when someone I’m around tests for cold symptoms. If they’re positive, I know to avoid them or if I’ve been around them, to test a few days later if symptomatic. 

• Like 11

They test you even if you show up to medical with sicknesses besides Covid. Possible food poisoning even gets a Covid test. Even if the person shows no signs of Covid. 
Then if someone tests positives all close contacts get tested. 
My friend was a close contact to a crew member and had to get tested. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

That’s like saying if we don’t do mammograms, we wont see so much breast cancer?  I recall someone else using the mentality that “we need to stop testing” .  

Not alike at all. Unfortunately there isn’t a vaccine for breast cancer and untreated it has a much worse outcome than Omicron. 

• Like 3