Uograde to Premium Beverage Package not worth the money

drakes2

On 6/5/2022 at 11:32 AM, Seacrab said:

Yeah, that’s not champagne. If you’re offered Cattier, that’s also very good champagne too. Had that on Apex last year

On the Equinox still serving the cheap champagne as a premium 

On 6/11/2022 at 12:10 PM, flifish64 said:

People should start requesting a refund of their upgrade if premium wines and spirits are not available.  Afterall that is why we upgrade.  Or request a refund for each drink down from the premium package rate to the classic rate.  Like they would charge up if it were the other way from Classic up to premium.

Carol

It would fall upon deaf ears.

5 hours ago, drakes2 said:

It would fall upon deaf ears.

I don’t get why everybody on here complains about the cruise line but yet they continue to go on the cruises. Why make it worse for other people that actually enjoy what they purchase? Just curious

50 minutes ago, bdstickks0944 said:

I don’t get why everybody on here complains about the cruise line but yet they continue to go on the cruises. Why make it worse for other people that actually enjoy what they purchase? Just curious

I have no complaints about Celebrity in itself just the fact that when they keep running out of wines or drinks that people have paid for they need to offer a similar substitution or upgrade your drink at no added cost. In the past they have done that but seems not to be the case any longer. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bdstickks0944 said:

Well it’s not like we have a choice.  Do you think we can just book another cruise line?  Or worse fly somewhere on one of those low end airlines like United and Delta where there is no First Class?  If only that were possible.

On 6/14/2022 at 12:02 PM, bdstickks0944 said:

I was thinking the same exact thing.  I popped on here from a little afternoon relief and it seems every post is frustration and complaints.  Kind of makes me miss 2 years ago when almost every post was "I wish I was on a cruise boat".

It's time to accept that the Celebrity we all knew and loved pre-pandemic is not the one we visit today.  The challenges that every business is facing (supply chain, rising fuel expenses, staffing shortages, etc); they are facing too.  My kids are a little disappointed we aren't going to my favorite restaurant for fathers day.  They are only seating 50% of the restaurant because they don't have enough employees to serve the entire place.  The other night, my local watering hole didn't have my favorite craft brew because the delivery guy didn't show this week.  I travel a lot.  We see it in the airlines, the hotels - its everywhere.  It's not the experience it once was.  It is what it is.  And it's the new normal for the time being.  I hope it gets better soon; but until I see it change locally, I don't expect it to change on Celebrity.

I get everyone's frustrations.  Cruises are not cheap.  Whether you are working or retired, that is real money coming out of your pocket.  And you buying one thing & expecting one thing but in the end you are getting something different.  No easy answers.  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, zitsky said:

Or worse fly somewhere on one of those low end airlines like United and Delta where there is no First

I few home in May via United first time ever from Honolulu to San Francisco to Toronto Canada.  Was actually quite impressed with their service. Looking at the Enchanted Princess for November similar itinerary to Celebrity 10 nights with an additional port day but $550 CAD cheaper for the same category cabin.  No package included which is fine by me. 

Buying liquor today for the hotel company I work for. 
Distributors out of quite a few popular brands requested by guests. This is the 2022 new normal. 
Until these supply chain issues resolve, I suggest, when at a bar or restaurant, you don’t go looking for brands you know and love. Go see what’s available and choose something you’ll like from the selection they have. 

We were just in Puerto Vallarta and a lot of restaurants and bars were out of Corona light and Modelo we did not complain knowing they are having a hard time keeping there own Mexican beers in stock.We just say give me an "or similar ". You never know you might find a new favorite!! It has been our favorite saying these days.We are so excited about our Sept. cruise that we don't mind not getting exactly what we want !! we will be happy with the "or similar "

Edited by sdnich
  • Like 2

On 6/14/2022 at 9:02 AM, bdstickks0944 said:

“Everybody” as you put it, that complains about the cruise lines do not continue to use them. From 2017 through 2019 we cut our cruising by over 80%. From October 2019 through the present, we’ve done 0 cruises, none scheduled, and none being watched. If and when they go back to offering a quality product for a reasonable price, we’ll reconsider although we aren’t holding our breath. The Always Inclusive is a deal breaker also.

• Like 1

What do the terms and conditions say? I haven’t looked, but I bet they give them the right to substitute without recourse. And arbitration. 

And the only real obligation of the corporate officers is to the shareholders. 

Do I think it’s right? No. Do I think it would be great PR to cut the price? Absolutely. But I don’t know how many quarters they can go without a decent return on equity, and liquor is one of their biggest sources of revenue.

There’s a thread going about buying RCG stock. It’s largely dropped in value (up from a low) and hasn’t paid a dividend in a while. Can they cut a revenue stream?

13 minutes ago, markeb said:

What do the terms and conditions say? I haven’t looked, but I bet they give them the right to substitute without recourse. And arbitration. 

And the only real obligation of the corporate officers is to the shareholders. 

Do I think it’s right? No. Do I think it would be great PR to cut the price? Absolutely. But I don’t know how many quarters they can go without a decent return on equity, and liquor is one of their biggest sources of revenue.

There’s a thread going about buying RCG stock. It’s largely dropped in value (up from a low) and hasn’t paid a dividend in a while. Can they cut a revenue stream?

Thanks for your post.  They want to make money from alcohol?  Well they can’t do that if they don’t have any.  I bet they do it by selling those Premium packages.  Classic bait and switch.

12 hours ago, zitsky said:

Thanks for your post.  They want to make money from alcohol?  Well they can’t do that if they don’t have any.  I bet they do it by selling those Premium packages.  Classic bait and switch.

Correction....technically it's a Premium bait and switch......🤑

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, zitsky said:

Exactly.

They're selling a premium package based on false advertising of what is included in that package.   I've tried to find the fine print terms and conditions, but haven't had any luck.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sdnich said:

We were just in Puerto Vallarta and a lot of restaurants and bars were out of Corona light and Modelo we did not complain knowing they are having a hard time keeping there own Mexican beers in stock.We just say give me an "or similar ". You never know you might find a new favorite!! It has been our favorite saying these days.We are so excited about our Sept. cruise that we don't mind not getting exactly what we want !! we will be happy with the "or similar "

Yes but you were on a land vacation, where for the most part people act normal and know how to relax and go with the flow.  Cruise lifers are a totally different ball of PUP's!

On 6/15/2022 at 6:18 PM, sdnich said:

5 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Yes but you were on a land vacation, where for the most part people act normal and know how to relax and go with the flow.  Cruise lifers are a totally different ball of PUP's!

Completely different situations. 

1)"Give us money and here's what you'll get in exchange" followed by "thanks for the money, but we don't have what we promised"

2) "do you have X?"

sure don't, but we do have Y.

"hmm... no, I'd rather not have Y." 

I can offer you Z, but you're under no obligation and out no money if you don't like that option since nothing has been exchanged. 

"thanks, I think I'd like a Z" 

9 minutes ago, D C said:

1)"Give us money and here's what you'll get in exchange" followed by "thanks for the money, but we don't have what we promised"

2) "do you have X?"

I can offer you Z, but you're under no obligation and out no money if you don't like that option since nothing has been exchanged. 

Or I can just ask for a similar and not make a big fuss about it 

50 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Or I can just ask for a similar and not make a big fuss about it 

Who gets to define "similar"?

We realize you paid us in advance for a new Corvette, but we're out of those.  Here's a loaded up pickup truck with a similar sticker price.  

It's nothing short of a bait and switch tactic when they KNOW they can't provide the goods advertised. 

• Like 1

Just now, D C said:

Who gets to define "similar"?

We realize you paid us in advance for a new Corvette, but we're out of those.  Here's a loaded up pickup truck with a similar sticker price.  

It's nothing short of a bait and switch tactic when they KNOW they can't provide the goods advertised. 

It’s like the time I ordered that Mercedes and got a BMW.  Worst day of my life.

I’m kind of resigned to drinking the $5 wine.  I think everywhere I go they will be out of “something”.  😭

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, D C said:

2) "do you have X?"

Would be great. Unfortunately, they aren’t offering “z”. They used to, but didn’t on our cruise last month and people were getting pissed!

• Like 1