Ice Cream on the Celebrity Summit

Cinderellie

13 hours ago, kenb said:

For a real treat get an Affogato. Get a scoop of vanilla gelato then take it to Cafe al Bacio and have them put a shot of espresso on it. YUM!!!

They have removed it from the Menu but you can still order one. 

16 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

With the exception of sugar free (which I was told is made through a different process) Celebrity makes their ice cream on board.  

Wow, do they really? I'll have to try next time I'm on board! 

Just was on Summit for 9 days. We had the ice cream in the dining room and buffet. Almost seemed like soft ice cream. Different choices each day. Went on last day for our free scoop of gelato. The server said you get two scoops for the price. I told her we just wanted our free scoop. The cost of the regular cup is $4.50. The receipt showed the charge then the loyalty discount for no charge. We did give her a tip since she was so nice. The gelato was good but I wouldn’t pay for it when there is the free ice cream to have.

On 5/13/2022 at 5:19 PM, kenb said:

For a real treat get an Affogato. Get a scoop of vanilla gelato then take it to Cafe al Bacio and have them put a shot of espresso on it. YUM!!!

That sounds great, kenb, "IF" we liked coffee. But thanks for the suggestion. Others may love it.

On 5/14/2022 at 7:52 AM, jjikids said:

Just was on Summit for 9 days. We had the ice cream in the dining room and buffet. Almost seemed like soft ice cream. Different choices each day. Went on last day for our free scoop of gelato. The server said you get two scoops for the price. I told her we just wanted our free scoop. The cost of the regular cup is $4.50. The receipt showed the charge then the loyalty discount for no charge. We did give her a tip since she was so nice. The gelato was good but I wouldn’t pay for it when there is the free ice cream to have.

I thought the gelato on the Summit (and other ships, actually) wasn't all that great.  When I sail with a friend who likes it, I give her my scoop.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Lulu007 said:

Been on many of Celebrity ships including Summit. Does anyone know if you can get Lactaid free ice cream anywhere on the ship?

I don’t know about Lactaid free ice cream, but they usually have at least one sorbet each day

I was on the Summit in April and I'm lactose-intolerant. There was no lactose free ice cream available but they did offer non-dairy fruit sorbets. You can bring Lactaid Lactase Enzyme Supplement Caplets from home then enjoy any favor ice cream you want.

Bon Appétit

On 5/14/2022 at 2:04 AM, Northern Aurora said:

With 24 posts regarding ice cream I am surprised that none of us mentioned that the Ocean View ice cream station includes syrup and sprinkle toppings!  A multitude of ways to customize an ice cream craving!

Anyone know what toppings are available these days? I recall sour patch kids in 2020. 

1 hour ago, buffcurmudgeon said:

On the 4 May Summit cruise, the soft serve was never available for the entire cruise. Sometimes, even Chocolate and Vanilla regular ice cream were  not available in the Oceanview.  

Every question asked on the ship, was always answered with the same reply :   “Supply Chain issues”. 

On 5/13/2022 at 12:24 PM, Northern Aurora said:

Welcome to Celebrity!

The Ocean View buffet will have a selection of ice cream.  With the exception of sugar free (which I was told is made through a different process) Celebrity makes their ice cream on board.  While there will always be "basic" flavors such as vanilla and chocolate the flavors will vary each day.  There is no additional fee.

Gelato is available for a fee and will be located near the Cafe al Bacio.

Soft serve is available and is generally located in the Mast Grill area.

Sugar free strawberry ice cream is my favorite.

On 5/13/2022 at 3:21 PM, CruiserN1 said:

Gelato is available at Cafe Bacio for a fee. Not sure on the price.

Hard scoop ice cream is no charge in the Oceanview Buffet (on the end of one side of the buffet area IIRC). That area has yummy cookies also. There's always ice cream on the menu in the MDR also at no charge.

I think there's soft serve somewhere but I don't recall. 

There is soft serve (only vanilla i think) at the mast bar AND at the buffet (in addition to hard serve, and I think maybe chocolate and vanilla)

flavors change a bit; but I've always seen:

chocolate

vanilla

butter pecan

strawberry

pistachio

after eight

rum raisin

cherry vanilla

coconut

lemon (rarely)