On Brilliance and Just Tested POSITIVE

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is nice they are letting people exercise and walk the hallways of the covid red zone.   This is the first time I heard this being permitted.   

I wonder what they do with smokers.   Give them a nicotine patch?   

I don't understand why there can't be an outside area that can be provided for Covid positive people?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mek said:

I don't understand why there can't be an outside area that can be provided for Covid positive people?

Actually if masks worked as well as some people seem to think they do, they should be allowed everywhere if masked as long as they don't have a temperature, just like most jobs allow for after 5 days.  Being outside is good for your physical and emotional health. 

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

What an awful experience, and unfortunately this proves this getting vaxed or boosted doesn't stop you from getting Covid.

I wish there was another way for Royal to handle Covid-positive patients, but I can understand that they want to contain any positive patients.

Question to you: is this your first time getting Covid?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucfan2 said:

Well, hmmm....yep, going off the OP's info - have no reason to doubt what they are saying, and here's one for ya Jimbob....that just happens to be the discussion of this thread.

We all understand you don't like the protocols, and aren't cruising...which is good for you.  What I don't understand is what satisfaction you seem to gleem being on a cruise site in these times.  You certainly give new meaning to being the 'life of the party' lol.

I'm not questioning what OP is saying, I'm just saying we may not getting the full report how many on this actual sailing have covid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

we may not getting the full report how many on this actual sailing have covid.

And it's unlikely we will get the total count on this sailing, other sailings, walmart, hd, or sporting events.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bucfan2 said:

And it's unlikely we will get the total count on this sailing, other sailings, walmart, hd, or sporting events.

True, but I didn't spend thousands of dollars to walk into Walmart, Home Depot, or a sporting event and if I did come down with Covid I can spend the time at my own house.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

True, but I didn't spend thousands of dollars to walk into Walmart, Home Depot, or a sporting event and if I did come down with Covid I can spend the time at my own house.

And you're not spending thousands (or pennies) to cruise either....but good to have your input (mostly lol).

Edited by bucfan2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, BND said:

Actually if masks worked as well as some people seem to think they do, they should be allowed everywhere if masked as long as they don't have a temperature, just like most jobs allow for after 5 days.  Being outside is good for your physical and emotional health. 

I guess Europe rules are different then the US now on Quarantining.

19 hours ago, pcur said:

Thank you for validating this.  I was beaten about the virtual head and shoulders a few weeks ago about posting that RCCL had stopped testing between b2b cruises, and that I was propagating false info. 

Im sure I've posted this multiple times. Surprised you just now get it.

I'm doing may 4 9 13 and 18. 4 legs. Not one time tested between.

Only unvaccinated are being tested, vaccinated are not. It's been a while. May 8th would have been my first morning to be tested before turnaround may 9. 

It's been posted many times, maybe some dont read the posts but I'm sure I've posted it. We were told our 2nd day so around may 6th by the diamond ambassador it was discontinued. Maybe since I'm onboard they didnt beat me around the head or they dont know grandeur went out of Galveston now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is nice they are letting people exercise and walk the hallways of the covid red zone.   This is the first time I heard this being permitted.   

I wonder what they do with smokers.   Give them a nicotine patch?   

Seems crazy doesn't it, you have to think by allowing  the crew that is taking down food to them and whatever else they ask for the chances of them now catching Covid greatly goes up rather then confining each positive passenger to stay inside their cabin.

Just now, Jimbo said:

Seems crazy doesn't it, you have to think by allowing  the crew that is taking down food to them and whatever else they ask for the chances of them now catching Covid greatly goes up rather then confining each positive passenger to stay inside their cabin.

Lol didnt you know those hazmat suits protect from covid. Must be so 

41 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Maybe those crew assigned to food delivery are ones that recently had covid?

2 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I think I read somewhere that they are allowing smokers to smoke in the bathroom.

I saw it on a video done by someone who was quaratined.  It was a couple of youtubers whose channel name is Travel Spree.  They were on Symphony.  He showed the letter where it said that.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I'm not questioning what OP is saying, I'm just saying we may not getting the full report how many on this actual sailing have covid.

True because our group all had covid on the Odyssey and we did not know until we got home to Dublin on Monday night after doing an antigen test - we had covid symptoms on the cruise. Everywhere i went on the Odyssey cruise last week, people were coughing and sneezing.

So I am sure the numbers of covid are higher on the cruise ships then the actual people in quarentine on it.

• Like 3

I feel for you. Not nice when you do catch covid and not nice when your on holiday.

I hope you feel ok and i hope rcl are looking after you and hubby as best as they should.

Sorry to highjack the thread but we are going on brilliance in aug. Does the ship have any freestyle drink machines onboard?

Hope you test neg soon and dont have any futher covid complications with health and travel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I guess Europe rules are different then the US now on Quarantining.

There are no rules in uk now,  just recommendation. This is since late Feb. Initially we had a spike but now rates are down to pre Omicron levels

BBC News - Covid-19 in the UK: How many coronavirus cases are there in my area?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I feel for you. Not nice when you do catch covid and not nice when your on holiday.

I hope you feel ok and i hope rcl are looking after you and hubby as best as they should.

Sorry to highjack the thread but we are going on brilliance in aug. Does the ship have any freestyle drink machines onboard?

Hope you test neg soon and dont have any futher covid complications with health and travel.

Not sure about the freestyle drink machines as we are Diamond and get the 5 drinks a day on our sea pass card.

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

There are no rules in uk now,  just recommendation. This is since late Feb. Initially we had a spike but now rates are down to pre Omicron levels

BBC News - Covid-19 in the UK: How many coronavirus cases are there in my area?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

I think though if you have covid you should still isolate? Ireland rules are similar to UK rules since we share border to Northern Ireland.

Either way it is nice to self isolate when you can...unless like us we didnt know we had covid on the Odyssey and on our flight home to Dublin. Off course we are isolating now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I think I read somewhere that they are allowing smokers to smoke in the bathroom.

This is correct for Ovation (so I assume on all Royal ships as it sounds like room assignment is pretty much the same for all). Smoking allowed in the bathroom. First thing I noticed when I was taken down to the red zone was how smokey the corridor smelt. Our bathroom had a horrible musty smell which I would guess was an attempt to cover up a smoke smell. The letter we received said to smoke in the bathroom only so as to be considerate of other people's health conditions such as asthma. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 5:18 AM, Jimbo said:

That is the problem, people doing B2B's should insist on getting tested between cruises so what happened to you doesn't happen to others? 

I don't know why Royal changed this process, they way they are doing it now it just means they have to deal now on the ship with the positive cases. What a hassle for them and you.

We did B2b on Harmony April 25 And May 1st sailing, they tested us the day before our for May 1st sailing 

Now 10 days later after getting back, Husband daughter and myself have Covid 

Edited by jeanneful
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BND said:

I wish everyone thinks that way, especially on the ship surrounded by the freshest (ocean) air!

• Like 1