New Update - Medallion Class App 5/20/22

Syracusefan44

On 5/22/2022 at 6:26 AM, majortom10 said:

This is the 3rd cruise we have done using Medallion App the first being pre pandemic and it has never worked consistently if at all on any of them and IMO is totally useless and should be dumped. Unfortunately Princess will not do this they will persist with an inept Medallion rather than admit that they are wrong. Our next cruise is 2nd June had new update this week and now I was in Green Lane but now in Blue Lane and says I have not booked my arrival group which I booked weeks ago. Tried to rebook arrival group and says it is not available only group available is group C and wife is in group A. Totally useless piece of equipment.

One of the most prevalent problems with the app seems to be consistently keeping the inputted information. That said, I think that is what's causing the blue lane/green lane switching back and forth. I know with us it lost what country we are from, so it bumped us to the blue lane. Ugh!

Maybe it works better when on the ship... who knows. I will only put the required info in and not the suggested, so as to not complicate errors.

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

Now I’m confused . @caribilladvises CP is Sea Princess and Caribbean Princess is CB. 

Isn’t Sea Princess gone. 

What’s up with all of that??

Go to the Princess web site. Select to view ships. Pick a ship and look at the URL. Here is the URL for Caribbean Princess. Note the letters "cb" in the URL. Every ship URL contains the 2 letter Princess designation.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/cb-caribbean-princess/

• Like 1

Many of the ship nicknames don't appear to make sense but I'm sure there is some logic behind them. Some obvious abbreviations were already taken by other ships - some of them already retired from the fleet so new abbreviations had to be devised. Here's a list. Obviously many of these ships are no longer in the fleet but the list illustrates that it's not always easy to guess what the ship abbreviation will be.

Princess Ship Abbreviations

CB - Caribbean Princess
CO - Coral Princess
KP - Crown Princess
DP - Dawn Princess
DI - Diamond Princess

XP - Discovery Princess
EP - Emerald Princess

EX - Enchanted Princess
NP - Golden Princess
AP - Grand Princess
IP - Island Princess
GP - Regal Princess
RP - Royal Princess
RU - Ruby Princess
SA - Sapphire Princess
CP - Sea Princess
TP - Star Princess
SP - Sun Princess

MJ – Majestic Princess
YP – Sky Princess

PA - Pacific Princess

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Go to the Princess web site. Select to view ships. Pick a ship and look at the URL. Here is the URL for Caribbean Princess. Note the letters "cb" in the URL. Every ship URL contains the 2 letter Princess designation.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/cb-caribbean-princess/

It’s also on their fleet facts:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/Princess-ship-facts.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

Isn’t Sea Princess gone. 

Yes, but its designation as CP remains.

If in the future there is a new Sea Princess, I suspect its designation would be CP.

Yes, SP would have been the logical code for Sea Princess, but as an above post shows, SP was the code for Sun Princess.

21 hours ago, cruzin4us said:

my last resort is always to delete the app and reinstall it.   That has worked twice for me.

Excuse the dumb question but by deleting and reinstalling the app, is all the info on app deleted also?  Thanks!

14 minutes ago, Happy2cruise said:

Excuse the dumb question but by deleting and reinstalling the app, is all the info on app deleted also?  Thanks!

Just had to delete my wife's and after reinstalling it updates after putting in your booking number. So no your info is not deleted as it downloads from Princess servers.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2022 at 6:44 PM, COLOMomma said:

Thanks, I will try tomorrow. And it isn't a new booking at all - just new to trying the app. 🙂 Thanks for everyone trying to help!

Well, just passing 30 minutes on the phone with them (after tying for over an hour again today) and they can't get it to work so I can enter anything either and have it save. I can't believe how bad it is. 

After the update, my vaccination card magically vanished.   No big deal as I just uploaded it again.   This time however, both mine and my DH show as "Document Pending Approval".   This still shows "Document Pending Approval" after 3 days.   Is this happening to anyone else?

20 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

After the update, my vaccination card magically vanished.   No big deal as I just uploaded it again.   This time however, both mine and my DH show as "Document Pending Approval".   This still shows "Document Pending Approval" after 3 days.   Is this happening to anyone else?

Yes mine is the same, perhaps they wait until you enter the covid clear check; at Southamption it's within 48 hours prior to sail time. DW and I have entered all other requirements and are in the green lane. Moto is take your original paper documents with you,

• Like 1

On 5/22/2022 at 12:10 PM, cruzin4us said:

Well, that didn't work either.   Our cruise ends 6/19 (double checked) and it won't let me save the info.   It's a glitch with the onward destination.  The arriving destination works fine.

Guess I'm not going to worry about it since it still keeps me in the Green Lane, LOL.   The "idea" is cool so PCL has your departing info, but it's definitely not ready to be launched yet.  

Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 9.04.49 AM.png

A10EFA84-7FD4-4AAC-8C40-33E18763BE9A.jpeg

This is happening to me within the website when I am trying to add the second leg of our return trip so the problem is not limited to the app.

On 5/21/2022 at 1:06 PM, Fishboy1947 said:

Can you tell me where you see any info on flights?

I am not having any current problems with the app but don’t even see where flight info would be

Thanks

I don’t see a place in the app, but could be missing it!  I think the best place to load flight information is in the Personalizer.   Go into your booking, click on travel and then add independent air information.  If you booked EZair it’s already in the system so you don’t have to do anything.