Change to Bermuda Travel Authorization

BND

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Most folks were probably thinking the $40 fee went away with that title.  

You mean, that's what you thought.  There are changes and they are for the better.  $40 is not a big deal.  The last minute hassle of uploading your test results were.  Also, I'm assuming the requirement of applying at least two weeks ahead of time came out of so many people having to call and ask for their authorization to be sent.     

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, BND said:

$40 is not a big deal.  The last minute hassle of uploading your test results were. 

Care to guess how many would rather have the $80 per couple go away vs the uploading?

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Keeping the $40 pp fee and doing away with the need to upload test results just shows it is a big money grab for Bermuda.     Hopefully their whole TA requirement will be gone by the time we sail there end of the summer.   

Our original plan was to wait until we know we tested negative for the sailing before applying for their TA.   I guess a lot of people have been doing that so the fact they require you to register 2 weeks in advance is annoying.    

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

Too late for the Mariner "Covid of the Sea" cruise that was going there on 15th.  Felt really sorry for the hassle and extreme frustration the pax on a B2B were going through with that.  They just missed having to avoid that "cluster".  😞 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Keeping the $40 pp fee and doing away with the need to upload test results just shows it is a big money grab for Bermuda.     Hopefully their whole TA requirement will be gone by the time we sail there end of the summer.   

Our original plan was to wait until we know we tested negative for the sailing before applying for their TA.   I guess a lot of people have been doing that so the fact they require you to register 2 weeks in advance is annoying.    

Also many people reported that they weren't getting their authorizations back so they had to call.  Most were on hold for 1.5 hours.  I don't know about you, but I lost more per hour when I was working and being on hold that long than $40.  

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The $40 for the TA is in their annual budget that ends April 2023. They also have contracted it out so while the TA may be further modified I suspect it will continue until 2023. 

• Haha 1

I guess the $40 went to pay the folks who answered a lot of phone calls.

Now if no tests need to be uploaded, stop the $40 or cut back to $20 for just the other questions.

All a bit of a game too.

BTW if flying from Canada to Europe, they now say no testing needed, but if your plane goes to a US city and you change plane, then the rule changes.

FYI

A very well know You Tuber tells the story of how he is glad he got a test to get to Amsterdam because his flights changed to include a stop in US thereby making a test necessary.

Boy keeping up with all the rules is a job in itself.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the heads up BND!   We just went to the Bermuda site and even though it says things have changed, the forms are still the same!  I guess they really weren’t ready for the change over the weekend!  We sail in less than 2 weeks so we will keep checking it daily. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Too late for the Mariner "Covid of the Sea" cruise that was going there on 15th.  Felt really sorry for the hassle and extreme frustration the pax on a B2B were going through with that.  They just missed having to avoid that "cluster".  😞 

It was actually worth all the hassle!  Bermuda was wonderful and we are so glad we went!

Hope you and Bucky have a great time on Harmony!  😀

• Like 6

Thanks for the info. Sail to Bermuda in 2  weeks. Already applied and paid the $40 each, but was worried I wouldn’t get my approval in time as I won’t be able to take my pre-cruise test until Friday afternoon (day before cruise), cause I’ll be on the road. Now I don’t need to worry about that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

This is my quess also. Probably 100 % of forms that were completed were ok for approval.  If you had the option of withdrawing your request and getting a refund. People would not have waited until final 48 hrs to submit. 

I actually have 2 problems 

1. I am on b2b. So submitted the 1st leg. But am waiting for 2nd leg test results to come in to submit 2nd travel form.

My other issue, when I did the form for my boyfriend.  I kept getting an error message that it had not gone through.  I submitted twice. Now, he has 2 request and was charged twice.

I immediately sent a mail,  and sent another mail on Friday. But with the new rules,  we are 2 weeks away from sailing.  Will give them a call Monday.

Anybody else have these issue. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

It was actually worth all the hassle!  Bermuda was wonderful and we are so glad we went!

Hope you and Bucky have a great time on Harmony!  😀

Thanks!   So happy you had a good time in Bermuda.  I also want to go there, have never been.  Hopefully next year sometime...I think may be going there on Jewel or Serenade...but not sure.  Will have to look.  🙂 

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks!   So happy you had a good time in Bermuda.  I also want to go there, have never been.  Hopefully next year sometime...I think may be going there on Jewel or Serenade...but not sure.  Will have to look.  🙂 

I hope you get there!  Very beautiful and historic!  We definitely want to go back for more than a couple of days!

• Like 1

Just now, pstone1 said:

I hope you get there!  Very beautiful and historic!  We definitely want to go back for more than a couple of days!

Indeed, one the best things I love about cruising....appetizers of different countries and cultures you may want to return to for longer stays.   

No constant packing, lugging, and unpacking between countries when your home travels with you.  😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

Going next week. Did you do any excursions?  I Was just going to take ferry to Hamilton 

20 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Going next week. Did you do any excursions?  I Was just going to take ferry to Hamilton 

We have done #5, #12 and #24

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Products-g147255-a_contentId.40145904434+714317412-Bermuda.html

Pink Sand Beaches are neat to see too.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, molly361 said:

We have been to Bermuda many times.  On vacations and  cruises.  I wouldn't bother with any excursions.   The ferry to Hamilton and St George is nice if you want to get a flavor of the island.   You can buy an all day pass for ferry and bus at a little building on cruise dock.   

The public buses are great way to get to the beaches or just hop on to tour the island.  

• Like 2