RCCL Diamond - First time on Celebrity

FrannyK

New to Celebrity,  just booked the Summit 7-day to Bermuda in July.  I've been reading about Diamond members being Elite on Celebrity.  So from what I take from these boards, there is a special place for coffee and continental breakfast in the morning and some sort of happy hour.  My TA told me there is no Elite happy hour?  Could someone clear this up for me?  

Which veranda would you choose?

Our TA suggested 7168

But I see that 6018 and 6021 are available (sweet sixteen's but maybe noise?) 

7173 and 7175 are available (larger balcony but close to elevator?)

Thanks!

Current deck plans show a Captain's Club Lounge on Summit, which should be like the Diamond Lounge on RCL with continental breakfast in the morning and appetizers in the evening. Sounds like Celebrity is also opening the drinks to other bar venues during a set time frame, whereas RCL it was all day with a max of 4 drinks for Diamond.

13 minutes ago, chrismch said:

Current deck plans show a Captain's Club Lounge on Summit, which should be like the Diamond Lounge on RCL with continental breakfast in the morning and appetizers in the evening. Sounds like Celebrity is also opening the drinks to other bar venues during a set time frame, whereas RCL it was all day with a max of 4 drinks for Diamond.

Where exactly did you find the "Captain's Club Lounge" on the Summit deck plans?

Just got off the Summit, never saw it.

14 minutes ago, chrismch said:

If you are seeing the area on Deck 3 that says “Captain’s Club”, I believe this is simply the desk of the Captain’s Club Host/Hostess, not a venue.  The Elite Breakfast is always provided in one of the specialty restaurants and, pre-Covid, the HH was in the Sky Lounge (on those ships with tat venue.  Since restart, I don’t believe there has been a specific location, but rather the Elite HH drink menu is available at most of the bars during the same timeframe.

• Like 2

..."The Elite Breakfast is always provided in one of the specialty restaurants and, pre-Covid, the HH was in the Sky Lounge."

Thanks for that clarification! We've always enjoyed the Diamond Lounge on RCL for the relaxing atmosphere and their great coffee machine!

30 minutes ago, chrismch said:

No that is not a Captains Club lounge — there is no equivalent space to the Diamond Club Lounge on any Celebrity ship

35 minutes ago, chrismch said:

Oh dearr, this is how rumors get started!

There is no Captains Club lounge on any celebrity ship.

What you see as Captains Club is simply the host,/hostesses desk.

You really jumped to an incorrect inclusion thinking that it would be anything like the diamond lounge with Continental breakfast or appetizers.

1 hour ago, FrannyK said:

New to Celebrity,  just booked the Summit 7-day to Bermuda in July.  I've been reading about Diamond members being Elite on Celebrity.  So from what I take from these boards, there is a special place for coffee and continental breakfast in the morning and some sort of happy hour.  My TA told me there is no Elite happy hour?  Could someone clear this up for me?  

Our TA suggested 7168

Thanks!

The first thing is that you aren’t Elite on Celebrity until you sign up with Celebrity, it’s not automatic.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

The first thing is that you aren’t Elite on Celebrity until you sign up with Celebrity, it’s not automatic.

I will do this today, thanks!

Thanks everyone for your responses.  Much clearer to me now.  I will register with Celebrity and make sure I get my Elite status.  I'm happy there is some sort of happy hour, 5-7, and I think it's nicer you can use different bar venues during that timeframe.  We know staffing is short and a too-busy bar is frustrating.  As for the breakfast I'm sure there will be something in our cabin the first day indicating where this takes place.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FrannyK said:

Our TA suggested 7168

Thanks!

We have stayed in 7175 more than once, but now we just look for the cheapest balcony.

23 hours ago, FrannyK said:

As for the breakfast I'm sure there will be something in our cabin the first day indicating where this takes place.

It was in Tuscany Grill when I was on Summit in August and October.  I imagine it would be there still, but you are correct that something should tell you that once you board.  If there isn't, it's an easy question to ask.

As for you room selection, I'd be willing to bet that you are 7175.  6018 and 6021 shouldn't have any noise problem, but they are mighty far forward.

23 hours ago, CruisinShips said:

I have a question.  Is there a Captain's Club Lounge? 

😬🙃

Yes it is on a high deck across the front of the ship and has all of the navigation equipment and electronics, and it has a lot of forward and side facing windows.  Quite a view!  Lots of supporting staff in dress uniforms.  You need a special invitation to visit.  But kind of a strange Lounge since no alcoholic beverages are allowed.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, DCPIV said:

It was in Tuscany Grill when I was on Summit in August and October.  I imagine it would be there still, but you are correct that something should tell you that once you board.  If there isn't, it's an easy question to ask.

As for you room selection, I'd be willing to bet that you are 7175.  6018 and 6021 shouldn't have any noise problem, but they are mighty far forward.

You guessed right DCPIV.  I didn't get much feed back on cabin selection and by the time I went back to Celebrity only 7176 was available.  Directly across from the elevator but larger balcony is worth it to us.  We are normally aft dwellers so forward just doesn't feel right to us.  I'm content with my decision.  And thanks for your reply 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FrannyK said:

You guessed right DCPIV.  I didn't get much feed back on cabin selection and by the time I went back to Celebrity only 7176 was available.  Directly across from the elevator but larger balcony is worth it to us.  We are normally aft dwellers so forward just doesn't feel right to us.  I'm content with my decision.  And thanks for your reply 🙂

Excellent location.  Quiet and very convenient.  Deck 7 and 8 are my preferred decks. They are sandwiched between other decks of cabins. You made a good choice.

14 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Excellent location.  Quiet and very convenient.  Deck 7 and 8 are my preferred decks. They are sandwiched between other decks of cabins. You made a good choice.

Thanks Redtravel, I'll try to remember that when we open our cabin door to a crowd of people waiting for the elevator!  LOL  Always a surprise...

1 minute ago, steveru621 said:

I signed up at Celebrity for a Captains Club ##.  Don't remember telling them about my C&A status.  First Celebrity cruise next January.

It's automatic.  That's how it worked when I registered on Celebrity, anyway.

• Like 1