RCCL Diamond - First time on Celebrity

FrannyK

On 5/23/2022 at 9:56 AM, chrismch said:

..."The Elite Breakfast is always provided in one of the specialty restaurants and, pre-Covid, the HH was in the Sky Lounge."

Thanks for that clarification! We've always enjoyed the Diamond Lounge on RCL for the relaxing atmosphere and their great coffee machine!

If you have the "All In" package with drinks, WIFI and tips....Cafe Al Bacio will destroy that coffee machine in the Diamond Lounge.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CruisinShips said:

It's automatic.  That's how it worked when I registered on Celebrity, anyway.

We used a TA and I signed up with Celebrity after we booked.  Our Elite status came right up so I was happy about that because I wanted to be certain that was so.

9 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

If you have the "All In" package with drinks, WIFI and tips....Cafe Al Bacio will destroy that coffee machine in the Diamond Lounge.

Wow! I just looked that venue up on Celebrity. It looks amazing. And ALL THAT is include in the "all in"? We'll be there for coffees, teas, and sweets!

Edited by chrismch

1 hour ago, chrismch said:

Wow! I just looked that venue up on Celebrity. It looks amazing. And ALL THAT is include in the "all in"? We'll be there for coffees, teas, and sweets!

Popular place some camp there all day reading a book!

No there is no daily limit for the beverage packages

But be aware if you are referencing it that there is no package called “all in” per se.  It’s called “always included”

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chrismch said:

I'm an avid reader, but I also take time to do more than exercise my eyes.

Is there a beverage daily limit for the "All in" pkg?

There is no limit and you can order multiples of items (water, coffee, double shots) without someone saying no or come back in 5 minutes. I am sure they will cut sloppy drunks off but for the rest of us, it is unlimited.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chrismch said:

And you will love it, great place to read a book and have a coffee/tea and snack.

23 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Popular place some camp there all day reading a book!

Agree, impossible to find a seat there on Silhouette a couple of weeks ago, but cool weather cruise so most people were inside 

Some people were playing card games and there for the long haul 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sgmn said:

Agree, impossible to find a seat there on Silhouette a couple of weeks ago, but cool weather cruise so most people were inside 

Some people were playing card games and there for the long haul 

Recurring problem on most of the  X ships..card players take over the Coffee place, areas of the buffet,  tables in the Aquaspa cafe,  on outdoor pool deck areas with tables, and  on EDGE,  the few tables at the lunch place too. Goes on all day.. way too loud and busy to sit and read or just relax and enjoy a coffee.

Celeb does provide spaces for playing cards and games but folks do what they want..no enforcement!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/28/2022 at 4:34 PM, 39august said:

I might remind card players that there is a card room on deck 7 of S class ships.  The gelato starts at $4.50 for two scoops I believe. The free ice cream in Ocean View Cafe is excellent. 

Not on Silhouette anymore! It was removed in favour of more inside cabins during the Revolution. 

We don't feel we need a drink package but we do need wifi.  After checking out the crazy package prices for wifi streaming ($700 for two for a 7 night cruise!) we called the TA and switched to "All In" for the same price.  Glad we were able to do that.

A few more Summit questions:

Where can my husband smoke a cigar on board?

Is there a sauna or steam room he can use without paying for the Persian Garden?

Which Summit specialty restaurant is your favorite?

Thanks to everyone for all the great info.  Really excited about Cafe El Bacio now too.  

On 5/31/2022 at 9:34 AM, FrannyK said:

We don't feel we need a drink package but we do need wifi.  After checking out the crazy package prices for wifi streaming ($700 for two for a 7 night cruise!) we called the TA and switched to "All In" for the same price.  Glad we were able to do that.

A few more Summit questions:

Where can my husband smoke a cigar on board?

Is there a sauna or steam room he can use without paying for the Persian Garden?

Which Summit specialty restaurant is your favorite?

Thanks to everyone for all the great info.  Really excited about Cafe El Bacio now too.  

There are few options for smoking.  There are two designated smoking areas.  One on Deck 4 (port side) and one on Deck 11 near the Mast Bar.  Specialty dining is also limited.  We would probably chose the Tuscan Grille.  

On 5/23/2022 at 1:54 PM, FrannyK said:

Thanks everyone for your responses.  Much clearer to me now.  I will register with Celebrity and make sure I get my Elite status.  I'm happy there is some sort of happy hour, 5-7, and I think it's nicer you can use different bar venues during that timeframe.  We know staffing is short and a too-busy bar is frustrating.  As for the breakfast I'm sure there will be something in our cabin the first day indicating where this takes place.

I’m confused, we are booked on the summit in June, free drinks, Wi-Fi, and gratitudies, we are elite also, didn’t think a drink happy hour was necessary since it’s included. Don’t know how long this promotion is going on for but I still see it in new bookings.. just wondering.

25 minutes ago, 39august said:

Not everyone has the drinks package, so the Elite and above HH is a benefit still available to them in the form of a limited free drinks menu in any bar from 5-7 PM.

I don’t have a drink package that was purchased, it came “free” with the cruise as did the Wi-Fi and gratuities. So I was just wondering about the HH mentioned, as it seems mute if it’s included. Take care. Cruising is life, enjoy.

7 hours ago, Islandtime17 said:

I don’t have a drink package that was purchased, it came “free” with the cruise as did the Wi-Fi and gratuities. So I was just wondering about the HH mentioned, as it seems mute if it’s included. Take care. Cruising is life, enjoy.

We have a basic cruise price without drink package and wifi, though we did add prepaid gratuities . Therefore the Elite happy hour is of value to us

Edited by sgmn

On 5/24/2022 at 6:01 AM, 4774Papa said:

We have stayed in 7175 more than once, but now we just look for the cheapest balcony.

Hello.  Totally new to Celebrity and more than a little confused. I am looking at booking Celebrity Eclipse for an Antarctica cruise.  I see from this thread that I must enroll with whatever is the loyalty program for Celebrity in order to obtain reciprocal Elite status for my Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor D+ status.  I had read elsewhere that Celebrity does not provide the 5 free drinks for Elite status that RC does for the D+ status.  Is this true?

As for the different categories of rooms, it appears that Veranda is like a regular balcony on RC ships.  And that Concierge is like a junior suite on RC.  Can anyone who has sailed both lines confirm this?

Also, how is internet handled on Celebrity ships?  Is it available 24/7 or do they sell only packages for limited minutes?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

36 minutes ago, sailingjudy said:

As for the different categories of rooms, it appears that Veranda is like a regular balcony on RC ships.  And that Concierge is like a junior suite on RC.  Can anyone who has sailed both lines confirm this?

Also, how is internet handled on Celebrity ships?  Is it available 24/7 or do they sell only packages for limited minutes?

Veranda rooms and Concierge rooms on S-class ships (Eclipse is one) are identical.  Concierge includes a few extra amenities which are of varying degrees of importance to people.

Concierge lunch in the MDR on embarkation day

Bottle of sparkling wine

Afternoon canapés 

Binoculars in room (poor quality resolution)

Sometimes an invitation to sail away on the helipad (not routine)

pre-Covid, a listed amenity was priority check-in; however, this has not been resumed

i am sure there are a few extra which I haven’t listed.  Rooms are identical.

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2022 at 5:55 AM, chrismch said:

I'm an avid reader, but I also take time to do more than exercise my eyes.

Is there a beverage daily limit for the "All in" pkg?

Your stomach/bladder. 😉

Edited by Fly and Sail
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, sailingjudy said:

Hello.  Totally new to Celebrity and more than a little confused. I am looking at booking Celebrity Eclipse for an Antarctica cruise.  I see from this thread that I must enroll with whatever is the loyalty program for Celebrity in order to obtain reciprocal Elite status for my Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor D+ status.  I had read elsewhere that Celebrity does not provide the 5 free drinks for Elite status that RC does for the D+ status.  Is this true?

We have sailed both quite a lot.  You enroll in Celebrity Captain's Club and your D+ on RCCL will get you Elite (not E+) on Celebrity.  But you need to call them to do this.

The Celebrity ships have no equivalent to the RCCL Diamond Lounge.  They instead have drinks available to you at any bar on the ship at the designated Happy Hour times.  Limited drink menu.

Internet- two types.  Elite get a certain number of minutes or you can buy a package.  If you do the Celebrity "Always Included" package you get a number of things included like basic unlimited WiFi.  Look it up to see what is included for your package.  Usually a drink package too.

A Jr Suite on RCCL is the entry level suite but you pretty much get nothing with it.  On Celebrity the Sky Suite is the entry level suite and it has access to The Retreat, Luminae (suite restaurant) and usually OBC, Premium Bev package, Wifi, and paid gratuities, and a butler.  Both the Jr Suite and the Sky Suite are typically 1.5 cabins in size.  The Concierge Class on Celebrity is not a suite but a regular veranda cabin on S-Class.  Not much extra.

• Thanks 2