What new itineraries would you like to see Azamara do in 2024?

takemewithyou

Now that Azamara had 4 ships, would you like to see some new itineraries?

Which ones are you hoping for?

Ok!  I will start……I would really like to see Azamara do French Polynesia, roundtrip out of Papeete, Tahiti.

I would like to see Alaska come back, Bermuda 7 day visiting Hamilton, St George and Royal Naval Dockyard, and Canada /New  England.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

I m fine with a South Pacific but prefer something that starts someplace easier to get to then Papeete.  My hope is AZ starts doing longer term itineraries.

They could do roundtrip from Los Angeles.  I would like that 😀

San Diego would be even better!

• Like 2

I prefer longer than 7 day itineraries, also.  They could stretch those Bermuda itineraries with stops at Martha’s Vineyard, Newport, RI, Charleston, Savannah,  and then on to Bermuda.

Or we could get a ship over in N America, I would love to do a Panama Canal on the smaller ship. …..Azamara used to have them.  They had a season in Alaska, we did a Mexican cruise to the Sea of Cortez, on Azamara, we could do NW Pacific coastal, then they could go to Hawaii and Tahiti.  I would love that!

• Like 5

I love British Isles, Italy, France, Croatia, Spain, Haven’t been to Portugal, but want to, love the Mediterranean, but many of us don’t want to venture to Europe right now……

It would be nice to have one Azamara ship in N America.  Please something else besides the Caribbean!!  

Edited by takemewithyou
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, wjfan417 said:

Loved the Alaska cruise we did with Azamara a couple years ago. We were able to get much closer to glaciers than the larger ships. 

I really wanted to book one of those Alaska cruises and for some reason that I can’t recall, we didn’t.  Now I regret it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xcelsior said:

Seychelles/Madagascar/Reunion Islands

That would be great.  Throw in the Maldives and Zanzibar and I'm in!  Start in Colombo and end in Dar es Salaam or vice versa.  Regards,  Paul 

Edited by paf225
  • Like 6

Destinations that would we would be happy for Azamara to add to their itineraries include: 

Alaska - Timings didn’t line up the season they visited

West Coast USA

Australia, NSW, Queensland to include Brisbane would be great.  Their current routing appears to have switched to be more South/West focused.  

Regards 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

More cruises starting or ending in Melbourne. We did NZ from Melbourne a couple of years ago. From home to glass of wine on the back deck - 45 minutes. I’ll take that any day.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, KirkNC said:

I m fine with a South Pacific

KirkNC (Hello, sir) raises an interesting point. 

In today's edition (5/24/22) of the BBC online there is an article "What if we all stopped flying?". 

Lighter-than-Air craft and ocean vessels would become alternatives for intercontinental travel.

Possibly more Miami/Tampa/Mobile/New Orleans/Galveston cruises to Central and South American ports?

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20220519-what-if-we-all-stopped-flying

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cruisefam38 said:

KirkNC (Hello, sir) raises an interesting point. 

In today's edition (5/24/22) of the BBC online there is an article "What if we all stopped flying?". 

Lighter-than-Air craft and ocean vessels would become alternatives for intercontinental travel.

Possibly more Miami/Tampa/Mobile/New Orleans/Galveston cruises to Central and South American ports?

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20220519-what-if-we-all-stopped-flying

We far prefer sailing  to a destination versus flying.  Whenever we can, we will take a cruise to get on another ship if the cruise leaves from a foreign port (or even the west coast in some instances ).  I hate flying, not out of a fear that the plane will crash, but due to the dehumanizing process it involves.

• Like 4

Definitely Alaska. We did a transpacific out of Seward a few months before the plague hit, and the Aleutians were fantastic. AZ needs to go back. For our first time in 10 years, we jumped ship, and will be on divorced sister ship Millennium with Celebrity this Thursday for a 7 day inside passage tour. We still have all of our Azamara perks, but we don't have the Azamara crew. I had been hoping to grab 3 segments on the world cruise going from So America to New Zealand. Grossly overpriced and out of our league, but Celebrity is offering almost the same cruises (cruises, plural) for much, much less. I would like to see AZ in the South Pacific, at AFFORDABLE rates!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

I prefer longer than 7 day itineraries, also.  They could stretch those Bermuda itineraries with stops at Martha’s Vineyard, Newport, RI, Charleston, Savannah,  and then on to Bermuda.

Or we could get a ship over in N America, I would love to do a Panama Canal on the smaller ship. …..Azamara used to have them.  They had a season in Alaska, we did a Mexican cruise to the Sea of Cortez, on Azamara, we could do NW Pacific coastal, then they could go to Hawaii and Tahiti.  I would love that!

We missed out on the Mexican riviera and sea of Cortez cruises, and would love to see those come back!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Sicily - Malta Intensive."  Is this at all practical?  It seems there would be much opportunity for overlapping cultures and historical sites, and a nice, long sail between the islands.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

One of our dream itineraries would involve the venerable old port of  St. John’s, Newfoundland, and then up the coast to visit some colourful fishing  outports as well as L’Anse Aux Meadows, one of the earliest Viking settlements in North America.

The cruise could end by visiting Greenland or Iceland, or better by sailing along the coast of Labrador to finish in Quebec City or Montreal.

Perhaps sailing along the St. Lawrence there also could be some access to Saguenay Fjords National Park.

Edited by nordski
  • Like 11

16 minutes ago, nordski said:

One of our dream itineraries would involve the venerable old port of  St. John’s, Newfoundland, and then up the coast to visit some colourful fishing  outports as well as L’Anse Aux Meadows, one of the earliest Viking settlements in North America.

The cruise could end by visiting Greenland or Iceland, or better by sailing along the coast of Labrador to finish in Quebec City or Montreal.

Perhaps sailing along the St. Lawrence there also could be some access to Saguenay Fjords National Park.

That’s interesting!  
We did our one and only Oceania cruise that was Montreal to Southhampton.  It was 16 days.  Port stops were Trois Rivières, Quebec City, Saguenay, Cornerbrook Newfoundland, Sydney, St Pierre, St John’s Newfoundland, Belfast, Dublin, Holyhead Wales (missed due to weather), St Peters Port, Guernsey (missed due to weather), and Southampton.

I wish Azamara would try some itineraries like this.  Oceania has quite a few interesting itineraries, but our experience was nothing like an Azamara experience and I would prefer to spend our funds on Azamara!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1