What new itineraries would you like to see Azamara do in 2024?

takemewithyou

1 hour ago, takemewithyou said:

That’s interesting!  
We did our one and only Oceania cruise that was Montreal to Southhampton.  It was 16 days.  Port stops were Trois Rivières, Quebec City, Saguenay, Cornerbrook Newfoundland, Sydney, St Pierre, St John’s Newfoundland, Belfast, Dublin, Holyhead Wales (missed due to weather), St Peters Port, Guernsey (missed due to weather), and Southampton.

I wish Azamara would try some itineraries like this.  Oceania has quite a few interesting itineraries, but our experience was nothing like an Azamara experience and I would prefer to spend our funds on Azamara!!

I would like this one too.  Quebec City is awesome.

• Thanks 1

We would like Azamara during their voyages “down under” to include one cruise to PNG ( Papua New Guinea ) and the Solomons ( Guadalcanal ) for history of WWII in the Pacific. I am sure there would be lots of interest.

Our only option is Princess and P & O ( local ) that sail there, and we are not happy with either cruise line, although have booked P & O tentatively … hoping someone else will include the itinerary.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, comparto said:

We would like Azamara during their voyages “down under” to include one cruise to PNG ( Papua New Guinea ) and the Solomons ( Guadalcanal ) for history of WWII in the Pacific. I am sure there would be lots of interest.

Our only option is Princess and P & O ( local ) that sail there, and we are not happy with either cruise line, although have booked P & O tentatively … hoping someone else will include the itinerary.

Both Paul Gauguin and Seabourn have itineraries that include the Solomons and New Guinea...

2 hours ago, comparto said:

Papua New Guinea is a port on one of  Azamara world cruise segments.

• Like 1

I would like a country-intensive cruise around New Zealand, without Australia.  That would allow a comprehensive immersion, and also make flights from the US more convenient and shorter.  [An Australia-intensive cruise could extend this as a b2b.]

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

When Onwards first itineraries came up with the full winter season 22/23 in Mediterranean Europe I figured there would have to be a change. After a while the season was moved to the Caribbean and that was maybe the safest move, but it was not a bold one.

Living in Ålesund we see how cruise traffic along the Norwegian coast has increased significantly the last winter and the Northern Lights cruises are more popular than ever.

Viking, Cunard, Hurtigruten Expeditions, AIDA, HAL, TUI (Mein Schiff) are all wedging in on this market. Just a suggestion for Azamara. Staying in the Caribbean for the winter is not very profitable and the Azmara demographic is maybe looking for something else....

Edited by oddjob16
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, oddjob16 said:

When Onwards first itineraries came up with the full winter season 22/23 in Mediterranean Europe I figured there would have to be a change. After a while the season was moved to the Caribbean and that was maybe the safest move, but it was not a bold one.

Living in Ålesund we see how cruise traffic along the Norwegian coast has increased significantly the last winter and the Northern Lights cruises are more popular than ever.

Viking, Cunard, Hurtigruten Expeditions, AIDA, HAL, TUI (Mein Schiff) are all wedging in on this market. Just a suggestion for Azamara. Staying in the Caribbean for the winter is not very profitable and the Azmara demographic is maybe looking for something else....

I certainly hope that someone from Azamara and Sycamore Partners monitors the comments here and sees the new itineraries we would like offered in the future!  One can hope……

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Ithikan said:

Both Paul Gauguin and Seabourn have itineraries that include the Solomons and New Guinea...

Unless this is new the Paul Gauguin does not got to those ports.

I have done several and that was never offered.

1 hour ago, Trend said:

Unless this is new the Paul Gauguin does not got to those ports.

I have done several and that was never offered.

I believe both the Jan. 21, 2023 and March 4, 2023 cruises on the Paul Gauguin each will have 2 stops in PNG, and one in the Solomon Islands.  They are to- and fro-ing for dry dock : )

On 5/24/2022 at 9:51 AM, Ithikan said:

"Sicily - Malta Intensive."  Is this at all practical?  It seems there would be much opportunity for overlapping cultures and historical sites, and a nice, long sail between the islands.  

20 minutes ago, ddpe said:

Definitely Sicily and Malta.  These two islands are always missed on most cruises.

Yes it's practical:  we did it last fall on Noble Caledonia, and they offer it regularly, e.g.:

https://www.noble-caledonia.co.uk/tour/2499/circumnavigation-of-sicily/?search_url_id=1

• Like 3

I’d love a Hawaiian Island Intensive from Papeete, to see more islands and avoid the several sea days involved when sailing from LA. Also, Indonesia Intensive round trip from Singapore - we did this in 2013 and loved it. The only ones that touch on Indonesia seem to be from Australia and we would prefer to only have to fly to Singapore - it’s easy for Australians to get to as well.

• Like 3

My introduction to Azamara was a 34 night charter cruise on AZAMARA JOURNEY in 2016 designated HIDDEN TREASURES OF THE MEDITERRANEAN.

Needless to say, it was memorable, and the itinerary fantastic.

Now that the line has three ships sailing in European waters in summer, it may be a good time to introduce GRAND VOYAGES to the Azamara repertoire, perhaps alternating a Mederranean theme one year with a Northern Europe one the next. 

Apart from the World Cruise, which is too long for most cruisers, the occasional longer voyage should prove popular and profitable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Anybody heard updates on Alaska? This morning when I opened the Azamara website, there was a promo page on cruises to Alaska.  But there was nothing in the Destinations drop-down to indicate this was happening.

Edited to add: I didn't actually go directly to the Az website, but rather googled Alaska cruises from Vancouver, and got this:

https://www.azamara.com/no/destinations/alaska/ports?_aiid=14597&aqet=clk&idsite=12&teng=go&beng=g&deng=c&peng=&ieng=&kieng=&cieng=&cpieng=17143435092&feng=&cleng=Cj0KCQjwxIOXBhCrARIsAL1QFCaTomDrfDUUM5MtL0C1cs34aCJn16dJKOQovTXyyedWBi8mEN0J-vcaArdtEALw_wcB&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=performance_max_non_brand&uid=~~c~_aimg_id~~

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

8 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Anybody heard updates on Alaska? This morning when I opened the Azamara website, there was a promo page on cruises to Alaska.  But there was nothing in the Destinations drop-down to indicate this was happening.

Edited to add: I didn't actually go directly to the Az website, but rather googled Alaska cruises from Vancouver, and got this:

https://www.azamara.com/no/destinations/alaska/ports?_aiid=14597&aqet=clk&idsite=12&teng=go&beng=g&deng=c&peng=&ieng=&kieng=&cieng=&cpieng=17143435092&feng=&cleng=Cj0KCQjwxIOXBhCrARIsAL1QFCaTomDrfDUUM5MtL0C1cs34aCJn16dJKOQovTXyyedWBi8mEN0J-vcaArdtEALw_wcB&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=performance_max_non_brand&uid=~~c~_aimg_id~~

I perked up to see this, but unfortunately I think that’s old.  Quest did go there for one season and possibly this is left over from then.  I searched for Alaska under destinations on Azamara and it was not there.  I would love to see them go back to Alaska.  New offerings for 2024 are due to come out end of summer or early Fall, so I have been told by my TA.  Let’s cross our fingers that Alaska might be offered again.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

perked up to see this, but unfortunately I think that’s old.  Quest did go there for one season and possibly this is left over from then.  I searched for Alaska under destinations on Azamara and it was not there.

Thanks for the clarification.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ddpe said:

A cruise that includes Sicily and Malta.  We have been trying to get there for years.

See posts #22 and #40, this thread.  I'd say we're rounding the turn, and it looks good for Sicily/Malta as we approach the 2024 home stretch...  (I can dream.)

• Like 1

On 5/23/2022 at 9:49 PM, takemewithyou said:

I really wanted to book one of those Alaska cruises and for some reason that I can’t recall, we didn’t.  Now I regret it. 

There are lots of other small ships that to AK.  They don't have the market to themselves.  The problem w the cruises that they did to AK is the the ports the visited were totally unimaginative.  Small ships can get into AK ports that bigger ones can not but Azamara just visited the same old ports.

DON

• Like 1