Carnival Freedom Funnel Fire

d12j28

16 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

I'm sorry but not surprised.  We are booked on the June 16 cruise and haven't gotten a cancellation email yet.  

The ship will be out of service for at least a month for repairs.  Cancellation emails are forthcoming.

1 hour ago, toad455 said:

I don't foresee the ship leaving Grand Turk anytime soon. Guests will likely be flown out of Turk and Caicos. Though due to the small size of the airport, guests may be stuck in Grand Turk for awhile. Curious if guests are allowed back on the ship as there aren't a ton of hotels right on Grand Turk.

They are sending a replacement ship to transport the passengers.

the ship will be taken to grand Bahamas for repairs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WheresWalter said:

I never understand why people cruise without their passports and without travel insurance. We all know, "you just never know" what might happen during a cruise. The NCL Escape in Puerto Plata and now Freedom in Grand Turk. Always have your passport when you cruise. 🙂

I don't feel sorry for anyone who is an adult and travels outside the country without a passport or insurance and an issue arrises. They are the first ones to come crying about being inconvenienced or being treated improperly due to their own failure to plan appropriately. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

why would you get an upgraded experience in an emergency? That makes no sense 

I used the “upgraded experience” phrase to describe the experience of moving onto a newer, larger ship for a short period of time, as a time to view the newer ship and possibly decide whether or not I would want to book that ship based on the short experience.

I regret that phrase 🙄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

The Conquest was due to sail tomorrow on a three-night itinerary.  So it looks like passengers on another ship will be canceled at the last minute and compensated.

We dodged a cancellation bullet - sailing on the 3-nt Liberty out of Pt. Canaveral tomorrow. Not sure if it was ever on their radar or not (time/distance/etc).

Tom

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

I don't feel sorry for anyone who is an adult and travels outside the country without a passport or insurance and an issue arrises. They are the first ones to come crying about being inconvenienced or being treated improperly due to their own failure to plan appropriately. 

Since this is all on Carnival, no insurance or passport really needed. The responsibility falls on Carnival.

• Like 3

Was supposed to be on Conquest tomorrow. Disappointed is the understatement of the century. Now stuck with no plans for Memorial Day and whatever is left or available is $$$$. Just glad I'm a local so not a huge inconvenience, but imagine the people who are flying, driving, already in hotels for their cruise tomorrow. What a mess..

• Like 3

I have been on 18 cruises without a passport or travel insurance with no instances.  I fail to see how a passport or travel insurance would help you when it is a Carnival ship problem.  Carnival will get you home.

• Like 3

Just now, Bhern05 said:

Was supposed to be on Conquest tomorrow. Disappointed is the understatement of the century. Now stuck with no plans for Memorial Day and whatever is left or available is $$$$. Just glad I'm a local so not a huge inconvenience, but imagine the people who are flying, driving, already in hotels for their cruise tomorrow. What a mess..

I hope Carnival makes it up to y'all, as much as they can anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bhern05 said:

😞 

Tom

2 hours ago, Ilovesailaway said:

plus 8% today

down 25% for the month

and 54% for the year

I will keep an eye on it but I can't imagine the news about the Freedom and the Magic will bolster the recent modest gains.

Don't forget about stock buybacks, most people forget about that. Mind the buybacks and beware of leverage. Fire is dangerous.  

2 hours ago, Ilovesailaway said:

plus 8% today

down 25% for the month

and 54% for the year

I will keep an eye on it but I can't imagine the news about the Freedom and the Magic will bolster the recent modest gains.

And that compares how to other cruise lines?

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, airlinerob said:

The Conquest is being sent to Grand Turk to rescue the passengers.  The Conquest sailing for tomorrow has been cancelled.

robert 

8703D17C-4A64-40E3-87B1-B39B95DD0DE8.jpeg

Seems like Carnival is doing the right thing all around and taking the classy route and offering nice compensation. Thanks for the update and info. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Srw1969 said:

We are supposed to be sailing on the Conquest Monday out of Miami. Will be interested if our cruise is changed since they are using that ship for the people in Grand Turk. 

Doesn't sound like it.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Doesn't sound like it.

We are on the Monday sailing also. Not sure how it will work if  the Conquest is headed back to Port Canaveral and we are suppose to embark at Port Miami 😫

• Like 1