5/29/22 Oasis- 5,100 passengers

We are on now and it’s crazy crowded. 2 hours to eat dinner. Poor waiter kept apologizing saying they are super busy  and bringing us appetizers. He told us there are 5,100 passengers and they can have 5,400. I really feel so bad for the crew on here. Long waits to get into windjammer for breakfast and lunch. They don’t seem to have the same variety as pre Covid. The line for El loco fresh had to be a hundred people. It stretched all the way back to pool area.  Ice cream line crazy long too. I’m so happy to be cruising again and am in no way complaining I’m just giving a heads up to anyone cruising Oasis in the near future.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Kikkib said:

We are on now and it’s crazy crowded. 2 hours to eat dinner. Poor waiter kept apologizing saying they are super busy  and bringing us appetizers. He told us there are 5,100 passengers and they can have 5,400. I really feel so bad for the crew on here. Long waits to get into windjammer for breakfast and lunch. They don’t seem to have the same variety as pre Covid. The line for El loco fresh had to be a hundred people. It stretched all the way back to pool area.  Ice cream line crazy long too. I’m so happy to be cruising again and am in no way complaining I’m just giving a heads up to anyone cruising Oasis in the near future.

Based on my experience about a month ago....first day is the worst. I am sure it will remain somewhat crowded around peak times but otherwise it should improve. Ice cream and El Loco had the longest lines on embarkation day.

Waiting to see many topics like this. Ships understaffed and kids sail free. Just beginning of peak summer travel. Going to be a long summer of bad reviews. Glad we took many cruises end of last year when capacity was under 50 percent. 

Edited by coaster
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Submariner said:

<Shudder> 24 days til I'm on that ship ... glad I changed from MTD to Traditional...

Good choice! Traditional dining is the only way to go now. MTD is so messed up as ships have increased capacity. 

I board Sunday and I am on until July 1.  Thanks for the heads up.  We expected it to be crowded after our cruises on Ovation earlier this month.  We are just going to go with the flow and enjoy ourselves, crowds or no crowds.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coaster said:

Good choice! Traditional dining is the only way to go now. MTD is so messed up as ships have increased capacity. 

I guess I did MTD but i locked in a time to eat

for example 700 each night, are ships having challenges with set time dinner? 

MTD was a fiasco last night. Had an 815 reservation, didn't get seated till 840ish, wasn't done till almost 10. There were 0 lines for the set time dining.

Other than that the ship is fine. El Loco fresh waits around peak times at lunch were maybe 10 minutes.

All of the staff has been fantastic and personally the food for me has been better than pre pandemic. I can't speak to the Windjammer as I haven't been there yet.

All of the bar service has been excellent as well. No issues there.

Everytime I found myself getting upset about waiting in a line I just step back and realize I'm on vacation and the world is short staffed right now.

Edited by mattb31
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, mets123 said:

FYI.... Summer starts June 21.

I am well aware of the dates for each season.

However, many refer to the Summer season as the time when school is out.

Memorial day - Labor day.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

I board Sunday and I am on until July 1.  Thanks for the heads up.  We expected it to be crowded after our cruises on Ovation earlier this month.  We are just going to go with the flow and enjoy ourselves, crowds or no crowds.

Sounds like you should still pack twice as much money as you were planning to take, half as much clothes but pack much more Patience for  your month long sailings. Sounds like you are going to need it and then some.

Don't envy you at all.

I'm sure you are paying premium for these summer sailings but getting 1/2 the service isn't fun.

Edited by Jimbo

Unfortunately, with two kids in college, and summer classes, Aug 5th was the ONLY cruise time that was possible for Oasis.

Have the UDP (used all the pennies in the jar for that one) and just hope that all the Specialty Res are actually open?

How are they on your cruise?  OPEN, CLOSED, ???

There also was a strange post on another thread that Izumi was no longer available for lunch on Oasis?  If so that kills half of what the boys used to talk me into the UDP.

Is Izumi actually closed for lunch?

1 hour ago, Project-College said:

Unfortunately, with two kids in college, and summer classes, Aug 5th was the ONLY cruise time that was possible for Oasis.

Have the UDP (used all the pennies in the jar for that one) and just hope that all the Specialty Res are actually open?

How are they on your cruise?  OPEN, CLOSED, ???

There also was a strange post on another thread that Izumi was no longer available for lunch on Oasis?  If so that kills half of what the boys used to talk me into the UDP.

Is Izumi actually closed for lunch?

Open for lunch on sea days

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Sounds like you should still pack twice as much money as you were planning to take, half as much clothes but pack much more Patience for  your month long sailings. Sounds like you are going to need it and then some.

Don't envy you at all.

I'm sure you are paying premium for these summer sailings but getting 1/2 the service isn't fun.

they ran a lot of kids sail free sales lately. The staff on grandeur already knew kids onboard jumping to 500 all the sudden. Several  mentioned it to me. I think cdc lowered it to 90% for unvaccinated plus more kids over age 5 are vaccinated now. More kids are boarding. I dont think the usual summer premium in price was there, at least not a few months ago. Prices were good.

Someone on one of my roll calls asked about Giovanni and it's open sea days. Mdr open sea days, not port days on my last group. Crowds and lines are back. My last feedback I said I think they should discontinue the raffle, 300 to 400 in a closed hallway packed body to body is a covid spreader. I felt safe then rest of the time ... just that one time. And no I dont do raffles. The store closed the night before and told me they would reopen the next morning at 1030. I didnt anticipate a raffle first. 

First night in Mdr was the worst on mine too. 2 hours typical. I did WJ first night and showed up 2nd night in Mdr to meet my table. First night was a zoo. 

Rcl is back!! Good news for stock holders. 

Edited by firefly333